• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Methods for contacting Dorf's smashes

PurpleEqualsDoom

Smash Cadet
What are some combos where I can actually pull off Ganandorf's smash attacks, especially his up-smash? Lately my ground combat has been poor simply because his smashes are so slow and I've apparently fogotten which combos include them.

Thanks in advance for the help.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Dair to upsmash is correct as the above poster said. Up-smashing into a platform works on some stages. Pivoting f-smashes works well. You can also hit either after of the d-throw on most characters at certain % long as you can guess which direction they will di, to your front or back. The d-smash..well, I've hit people with it that tech roll behind me so I suppose thats a way..

I wouldn't be worrying about ganon's smashes that much.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
dthrow to usmash or fsmash against characters like roy, sheik, ganon, pika at around 72% below that % you could try dsmash.

marth, samus, peach you can get a kill in most levels with a dthrow to usmash at 56% I'd say

Uthrow to fsmash works on fox/falco at around 70% - 80% if they di poorly, but in that instance I would rather chain grab

other combos include
1. Spamming
2. Getting lucky
3. accidently hitting the cstick by mistake
4. good mind games

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Nothing looks sexier than a nice dash dance with a couple of wavelands then BAM...pivot into a fsmash.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah pivot fsmash is so awesome, they never see it coming :laugh:

I often use usmash as a brick wall for people to run into...I pretty much spam the move lol. It you think they're going to cross into the path of your usmash, then do it! Sometimes I charge the move just to scare people into doing something else, especially when they're recovering. I'm surprisingly accurate with it. Also, uthrow onto platform, predict tech/roll/lack thereof, usmash. Guaranteed hit.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
You don't always need to do it in combos, it can also be used to trick some people, cuz it's IASA is often underestimated

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
You don't always need to do it in combos, it can also be used to trick some people, cuz it's IASA is often underestimated
most definately. an usmash then a quick jab will almost always get it done but i digress, u-throw to usmash or fsmash at like 60 on spaceies will work sometimes but on floaties i go straight usmash. dsmash is almost non-existant in my ganons game. :psycho:

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
To connect a fsmash, you can chaingrab characters (most notably Sheik) up to around 80%, then fsmash in the direction of their DI. Also, it works to interrupt some shield grabbers if they try to grab when you are spaced too well. If you get an fair shielded, for example, just l-cancel into an fsmash. They should attempt a grab, but you will lean back and hit them right in the chest with a flaming purple elbow. Works way too often :D.

Don't attempt it too many times consecutively though, because they may catch on and just shield the fsmash too...leading to a succesful grab.

To connect a Dsmash: this usually only works on roll behinds. If an opponent is shielding near the edge of the stage, simply whiffing a few fairs with jabs will pressure them to roll behind you, where you can just turn around and catch them with both kicks of your dsmash. You can also not turn around and just hit with your back kick, and it will launch them closer to the edge of the stage, and this can easily lead into an fair, or uair if you aren't daring enough.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I catch some people with a dsmash. I usually pressure people hanging on the edge with it. Out of their initial attack range, but if they do almost anything but jump away, I usually catch them.

Smash attacks really depend on the situation. That's what it boils down to. ;)

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure you can chaingrab marth for two or three throws (with Dthrow), then dthrow him into a garenteed Dsmash.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
blue is right, I have a hard time landing dthrow to dsmash against marth, i can get the first hit but for some reason both rarely ever connect. Stomp to down smash on space animals works at like 30 percent or something like that. and it can score you a free stomp or f/bair. I only really fsmash either by accident or after an up throw on spacies. I love to randomly upsmash people when they expect something else, or when someone does fox/falco's forward b into you, so they get sent flying away by the mystical crotch hit.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dthrow dsmash is gaurenteed on fox at like 120% and on falco at 135%, doesn't work on any other character, i've tried it out

dsmash is really situational, you pretty much have to mindgame into it

the other 2 smashes have be stated as where to use tehm

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if you follow DI on fox/falco it is

they can't jump out of it, but it's pretty much at those percents

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You can't really follow di with the d-smash, you just do it.

I can understand following di with the f-smash but the d-smash, you really don't, its just a go go go attack as most immediately do it instead of trying to follow anything.

Besides, they could di forward and be out of reach for a d-smash and what would you do about it?..

All in all, the only good uses I've found of the d-smash is to catch a roll behind you or as a tech chase if someone barely gets behind you.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've never had a fox DI forward out of reach from it, even with DI back it still hits but i don't think it'll hit twice cause of DI, but it still hits once

yea, it's not gaurenteed, so don't really use it...

Linguini

Smash Master
Against marth, the u-smash works at mid percents and a d-smash connects almost always at 0-5%. Regarding d-smashing spacies at that percent, theres no reason why you would dsmash them anyways. Theres better options that can dispose them immediately at those percents.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Yeah, and you said it was mood4food, thus me debating it.

as Linguini said..but we are just debating this for the sole sake of smashes, not the better options.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i did, but figuring that following DI isn't the easiest thing in the world doesn't make it gaurenteed

while yes there are better options, but if you're in that situation there, why not go for it

chaddd

Smash Lord
About 98/100 times I do any of Ganon's smash attacks, it's completely by accident. The other times I do it include:

-Chainthrowing Sheik.

That's pretty much it. Ganon's smash attacks are too much of a risk about 80% of the time. Slow and vulnerable are two words that come to mind.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
to get some of ganon's smashes to connect,you can

time them
use them for combos(certain percents and on certain characters)
get lucky sometimes.

these are some suggestions.

Top Bottom