• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Method for getting through a pill rush or sheik 's needles

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've only faced the pill rush technique a few times, and it gave me a pretty hard time. My way doesn't work too well, which consists of punches, blocking, and walking. How do you get through it without being punished?

I also have a friend that loves to stand on the opposite end of the stage and just throw needles at me to coax me into his traps >: | . Usually I just block, jump towards him, block, and jump towards him. Its really annoying and I was just curious if any of you deal with similar annoyances.

Help me out :D

PS. If anyone has a link to a vid with ganon using the bair and uair to get through the pill rush, i'd appreciate if you'd post it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bair eats pills and keeps hitting so it works if you can read the doc properly or he messes up his spacing

not much to do about needles (or anything else sheik has) =[

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The thing is you stick out Ganon's massive pecs and reflect the needles back at him... actually just unplug the sheiks controller.. MIND GAMEZZ

alcheato

Smash Ace
Work on your shielding and jumping relative to your opponent's position. Bair + Uair pills. Don't get hit by needles.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if at all possible, use the platforms. on FD those projectiles will most likely be giving you a disadvantage no matter what you do. still, though, the advice people have given so far is good.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
IF the sheik needle cancels to a grab or dash attack you cant do anything to it. Thats why sheik is so gay. Needle cancel>grab combo>same shiz over and over. And it doesnt help that she can chain throw ganons balls off.

Ftilt the pills if hes on his way in and kinda far out. If hes right next you sheild em then try to fair or bair him. Fleeting fairs and uairs are really good on any rush I would say.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
awww is clueless having to come to the boards to figure out a way through my maze of pillz? haha im telling you dude, just fair your way through them. Thats what XZalla does.....of course after eating about 10 of them : P

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Pills - WaveShields, Jabs, Jumps. Would nair work on two pills??

No needle help. I'd suggest thebluedeath1000's tip... spacing your jumps and waveshielding ;/

Stiltz, I enjoy eating your drugs.. ;>

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Thx XZalla, waveshielding worked like a charm...well, more like a charm than my previous method. I managed to waveshield up to stiltz and grab him. I already used jabs, but kept getting hit in the face :D. At first I was using my bair too early, and it was annoying how the pill would turn me around, but I started getting it in and it was pretty exciting. By I final 2 matches, I managed to get Stilz' Doc down to one life...not great, but it was much better than being 2 stocked every time.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Keep it up and remember to get your wavelanding down so you can slide a considerable distance.. and try counterpicking platform stages. That would be so much better for you because Dorf is relatively quick on those stages.

Top Bottom