• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Sonic. Noone Else

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I choose to focus on the main 3, Shadow, Knuckles, and Tails as they have the highest chances of being Playable Characters. So I will add a pair of Villains into the mix.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik: has a large fan base, and since he is the original sonic villain, he carries a lot of weight (I made a pun). If he would be playable, I see him using some sort of machine, such as his Walker from Sonic Adventure 2, or a Brawl exclusive robot that makes use of Robotnik's concepts. Because of Robotnik's status, he would probubly be placed between Shadow and Knuckles but will most likely be a Boss for the SSE.

Mephiles the Dark: For being in a lack luster game, Mephiles has a decent sized fan base thanks to the fact people have posted the Sonic 06 cut scenes, and the detail put into his characters such as voice work, movement and personality. If Mephiles was in Brawl, he would probubly be a slower characters, maybe as slow as link, but he would has an array of ranged moves and use some warping attacks. Mephiles places between Metal Sonic/Neo Metal Sonic (Lord Metal) and Tails, he has a good fan base and character design and is a villain, however he is from a new game and a bad one at that.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Mephiles rules But dont forget that metal sonic was an original villan and he has been since the 2D games theres no chance of Mephiles over metal sonic. maybe eggman but other than that there will be nomore villans except metal sonic.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Mephiles rules But dont forget that metal sonic was an original villan and he has been since the 2D games theres no chance of Mephiles over metal sonic. maybe eggman but other than that there will be nomore villans except metal sonic.
Thats exacly was I said, Mephiles looses to Metal Sonic and Robotnik becouse thouse two are the old school villains. Mephiles was evil, and was well flushed out, but was in a vary bad game (one of the few if only sonic games that SEGA took off the shelf becouse of its sales) and was turning into a throw away villain.

List Placement:
Shadow
Robotnik
Knuckles
Metal Sonic/Neo Metal Sonic (Lord Metal)
Mephiles
Tails

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
And another thing i dont think mephiles would ever make it in brawl because the game he starred in was on the 360 and not a nintendo console.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
And another thing i dont think mephiles would ever make it in brawl because the game he starred in was on the 360 and not a nintendo console.
He wouldnt have a chance anyway because the game he strred on was for the 360 and not a nintendo console.
That’s a good point, I'm ashamed that I overlooked that, and in order to be in Brawl you have to appear on a Nintendo platform, thus making his chances are now zero.

Shadow
Robotnik
Knuckles
Metal Sonic
Tails

What should be anther villian? Sonic games generaly have a lack of good villains and most are just throw away villains save for Robotnik and Metal.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Lol i forget bout that myself since ive played that game but its the same reason why ratchet and clank aren't in brawl lol. because they have no connection.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
That’s a good point, I'm ashamed that I overlooked that, and in order to be in Brawl you have to appear on a Nintendo platform, thus making his chances are now zero.

Shadow
Robotnik
Knuckles
Metal Sonic
Tails

What should be anther villian? Sonic games generaly have a lack of good villains and most are just throw away villains save for Robotnik and Metal.
Like I said before, Omega or a newer version of the E series would fit pretty good, i know they usually get pwned by sonic easily, but it can happen that eggman made a really powerfull one (AKA a new sonic character only showed on brawl)
Or Omega, which is already powerfull enough, but got some errors in the systems.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, Omega or a newer version of the E series would fit pretty good, i know they usually get pwned by sonic easily, but it can happen that eggman made a really powerfull one (AKA a new sonic character only showed on brawl)
Or Omega, which is already powerfull enough, but got some errors in the systems.
Well, Omega is an option, he seems he would be a heavy, slow, and ranged. However, seeing as he is like Shadow's Knuckles and also being his commander (unless the G.U.N. Commander and President gives a direct order against Shadow), I don't think it would be right for Omega to be in before Shadow.

Most unlikely Option(!): Everyone know Bioware is developing a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG for the DS, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. It would be interesting is they use a Character from that game (like the villain or a character like what Geno was to Mario RPG), and interestingly enough, Bioware may have to simply give the them to SEGA becouse they are going to EA and EA and SEGA are rivals.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
You know... making a newer E-series then Omega would be very ironic... since Omega is the last letter in the greek alphabet. That's to ironic...

anyway... I don't see much reason to put in a lot of sonic characters except trophyes and bosses...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
You know... making a newer E-series then Omega would be very ironic... since Omega is the last letter in the greek alphabet. That's to ironic...

anyway... I don't see much reason to put in a lot of sonic characters except trophyes and bosses...
Not really, Omega was the last of the E-100 Series, E-123. In Sonic Heroes, the same game he appeared in there were E-1000 models.

I agree, I think everyone can agree that if there is going to be another Sonic Rep, there is only going to be one more.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... Tails would be avesome as an assist trophy... specially if you could grab him and let him fly you upwards... making the enemies having to move fast up to not go of screen... and Dr. Robotnik would been a great boss in the adventure mode...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Not like anyone cares but Metal Sonic is one of my favorite characters and I would main him without a doubt if he appeared in Brawl. I know **** well he won't (just like my precious Skull Kid) but If he did, I'd be so, so so happy.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Lol were all like that for our characters like i would want lloyd irving or anyone from the jet force gemini games in but theres probably no chance of that happening, Metal sonic would be pretty cool tho specially if his final smash he would turn into the final boss from sonic heroes it would rule!

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Haha Koopa on 4 legs is an outrage lol, Isaac should be in brawl.....But it seems to close to the release date to add more characters in and patch it up so theres no glitches.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Yh there all keeping us on our toes to see who has been added either wait for leaks from the "prophets" or wait till the release of the japanese game.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
The finished product is the only reliable source for me if it didnt come from the game dont believe it, Think about sakurai's release dates, the game was supposed to be released last year so finished copy is the only good source.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Since we are so close to release, I have to agree that whatever is in the game, is in the game. Metal Sonic may appear, however, we can only wait and see were he appears, an Assist Trophy, a Boss in the SSE, a Playable Character, or just a normal Trophy.

We will find out on the 30-31.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... I would like to see a Sonic stage before it realeases... anyway... it's not long ago when they told about Olimar and Pikmin... and I still don't belive it... not that I'm really excited... but it feels sort of... like a joke... but sure... Mr. Game and watch did seem like a joke to...

the most likely sonic character would be Knuckles... and the great reason why is because they have the angel island music... so Knuckles most be there... you couldn't take angel island without Knuckles... it's he's home... I mean... if they are going to make an angel island stage, then Knuckles most be there... else, they could have used green hill or some other stage...

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
Some people said that in angel island knuckles is just in the background but i dont know if thats truth of fiction.
If Knuckles will stand in the background... I sure hope throw gigantic rocks at us... and not just standing there...

Top Bottom