• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Mario Stage

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
why don't you people like this stage? because "it's too small" or maybe because you're all afraid you'll get PWN'd since there's no place to hide

rocky9494

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind this stage returning as a playable or in the Subspace Emissary. I like the stage the way it is because it gives you challenge to survive on a tiny stage.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Honestly I fell in love with the stage when I played it... I see no problem, it is an intense stage although I would be fine with keeping the player limit to two unless they make it bigger...Love the music also...

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
I'd love to see this stage (albeit if it's a little bigger) coming back for Brawl. In the same sense that Battlefield and Final Destination came back- one of those kinda stages.

And it could be playable in single player too, and instead of just playing Metal Mario, you'd play a Metal version of your character, or maybe multiple randomly-picked Metal characters.

Just like fighting a Yoshi team, a Kirby team, a Polygon team, and Master Hand, we need a Metal Match in single player.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Just like fighting a Yoshi team, a Kirby team, a Polygon team, and Master Hand, we need a Metal Match in single player.
That'd be epic, especially if you could face a Metal Master Hand. That'd be quite awesome.

I am in Brawl

Smash Rookie
Let's not have a metal master hand because eventually there will be a metal CRAZY hand and metal giga bowser!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
This stage has some strange sort of appeal to me. I always liked facing Metal Mario on this stage. If it comes back, even only in Classic mode or whatever, I would appreciate it.

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
I don't quite see the appeal of a Metal Master Hand... I was just thinking a Metal version of yourself. Bowser faces Metal Bowser, Kirby faces Metal Kirby, Link faces Metal Link...

...you know what I think would be cool? In a sort of every-character-has-a-unique-final-battle sort of way? If Kirby could swallow, say, the Ancient Minister or Master Hand and take their abilities... Taking the abilities of a boss would be cool, especially if it would be necessary to beat a boss when playing as Kirby.

But that's a little off-topic. I just want a Metal Stage again!

...But I have to say, is it just me, or are a lot of people forgetting that the Subspace Emissary isn't going to be the only single-player adventure? I think that The Subspace Emissay is only going to replace Adventure Mode, and then there will be another game, like called "Master Hand's Challenge" which will replace Classic Mode, and maybe another game will replace All-Star Mode, and maybe there will be other games which have completely different stories and characters than either Master Hand or the Subspace Army.

And I think the Metal Stage should be in Classic Mode, not Adventure Mode (as in The Subspace Emissary).

WIGI

Smash Champion
i could see this betetr fitting as a stage for the 1 player mode, liek the original 64 version. But, i think it would be cool, if it was featured as a multiplayer stage, for every character to be a metal version the entire time, making its small size less important cuz you wouldn't get knocked as far.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
i could see this betetr fitting as a stage for the 1 player mode, liek the original 64 version. But, i think it would be cool, if it was featured as a multiplayer stage, for every character to be a metal version the entire time, making its small size less important cuz you wouldn't get knocked as far.
Wow genius.

Certain stages that affect the physical attributes of your character!

I like this idea.

WIGI

Smash Champion
pyro, your such a mudkips lover :p

kidding bro

but seriosly.

but wouldn't it be wicked cool?
what otehr stages would effect your character?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Umm, I don't know.

What if Delfino Plaza made your character so hot that the percent would rise 1% every 2 seconds?

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhmmm..why de heck would delfino do that? and thats just stupid:p id stick to only metal stage, maybey a stage that turned you into original 8-bit versions of the char.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I got one: how about the Lylat where the players would eventually float in air while smashing at the same time lol...(gravity), but on topic the Metal Mario Satge is a must that should return in Melee, or at least modified but similar

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Well, the Metal Stage was basically a Smash Bros. original stage, even if it housed the battle against metal characters. If this stage returns, I feel it should just be a Smash Bros. stage, not a Mario stage. Also, heavy modifications may be in order. The metallic background is cool, but the stage is too basic (and small, as has already been said too many times to count). If you want a stage that's only unique in its tininess, make one in Stage Builder. ¬_¬

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
They should definitely bring back Metal Mario Stages. I had completely forgotten about this stage until I saw your picture. I'm sure they could improve it though. It would be kind of boring left the way it is in the picture if it was incorporated into Brawl. Possibly there could be some spawns of metal boxes lying around?

fluffy

Smash Champion
Melee had the classic stages from 64.

If brawl were to have classic stages (which it definately will) they need some from both melee and 64.

The Metal Mario stage would be a perfect addition.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Honestly, I don't really think that they should. The stages in Brawl are mostly fine.
Think about the nostalgia! If you have played the original 64 one, you would understand that there is a lot more than it just being a stage. Players from 8 years ago will cry and appreciate it when they duke it out in the original, Metal Mario stage.

Top Bottom