• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Hey this set came out today, it's Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 in a bundle pack

If you're a true Snake main you will go buy it. If you're not buy it anyways.

Yesssss

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Hmm, if it's that cheap it's gonna be hard trying to figure out what other game to sacrifice for the trade in.

kevc

Smash Cadet
anyone here wanna mail me a PS2...its only like 50 dollars now? I'll male it back after I'm done the MGS games...seriously!! u can trust a fellow Snake main...haha

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would but I already have MGS3: Subsistence, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, and MGS: The Twin Snakes already. :ohwell:

<<<P.S. How do you change your character icon over there? I don't see it in User CP.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... Alright. What's funny is that I have MGS: Portabble Ops, but I don't have a PSP to play on.:laugh: At least i have the game so I don't have to extensive hunting when I DO get a PSP.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I would but I already have MGS3: Subsistence, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, and MGS: The Twin Snakes already. :ohwell:

<<<P.S. How do you change your character icon over there? I don't see it in User CP.
Hey, I already have them all and that didnt stop me lol

P.S. User Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> Brawl Character

SolidSmash

Smash Rookie
Pick mine up yesterday. Great way to spend 30 dollars. Amazing games. Only thing that sucks is MGS3 is Substinence, but it only comes with the first disc. All the extras on the second disc are missing:(

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
I already have the original Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence (with the second disc for Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake).

That, and I really have no reason to buy the collection when I already have it. I'm not much of a collector, anyways.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
The package doesn't happen to come with Substance and Subsistence does it? Because otherwise I'm just going with my original plan and buying those seperately. If, on the other hand, it does come with Substance and Subsistence, I will weep with joy and sell all of my possessions other than those needed to play video games... Which is like everything I own. Screw it, I'd just buy the game.

Snack

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrSnackMan
What's on the second disk of Subsistence? It isn't the bonus theatre is it? Or the old MSX Metal Gear game. I really want both of those.
Unfortunately you're out of luck then. The second disk had the MSX games, the bonus theatre, and the Online mode, among other things.

1Two3

Smash Rookie
This is a sweet package. BTW, nice picture Psycho ****** lol. I've got it as well, but I feel as if the lipsync is off in MGS2. I dunno maybe its just me. Beat the first one already, and onto number two! Only a couple more months and onto.... MGS4!

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Well, they took the servers down for the online mode anyway, unfortunately... Metal Gear Online was incredible, like heroin. Enough so that it completely axed Smash Bros. for several months after I started playing it... if only we could set up independent servers...

PS, did they do anything significant with MGS1?

CaptainPlatypus

Smash Cadet
Oh, yeah, I bought this box of epic win. MGS1 is pretty much amazing. I'm like five minutes away from getting to the second disc.. I already got there once, but then I hit the reset button accidently when it was telling me to switch discs...

Deadlypudding

Smash Cadet
Yeah I am getting it this Sunday! It feels like forever since I laid my hands on MGS. I think its really cool they put in the original PS1 version rather than a port of Twin Snakes.

saud

Smash Lord
I already have the Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary Collection, so I don't need this :D

And it's too precious...so I didn't open it yet....

saud

Smash Lord
It's Japanese only (doesn't matter to me since I played and beat the games several times.)

I was available at play-asia.com but was very quickly sold out of course. My cousin got it for me from Thailand last summer as a gift since he knows I love MGS so much :D

-Katsuta

Smash Cadet
My old PS2 runs it perfectly, along with the other games in the set.

MAN, I love this set to death. ;D

However.. I'm still hunting TTS down on eBay.

I'm just that kind of fanatic.

Top Bottom