• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight, Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleDiddy

Smash Rookie
I have looked all around The Dojo (smashbros.com) and I haven't seen a trace of Solid Snake
or Metaknight in the characters list or anywhere else. Is there a reason for this? I feel like I'm missing something; is there another official website or something that includes this information? Because so far with those two characters that means there is 8 new comers announced so far including zero suit samus.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
no, they are hidden characters, they come on later. they are already confirmed. double diddy didn't look hard enough, they are in the trailers clearly on the main page.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I somehow doubt Metaknight will have to be unlocked. At least he's appeared in some of the update screenshots on the site. I am surprised his profile page hasn't been put up yet though.

As for Snake, we know he's an unlockable character, hence why he hasn't appeared in any screenshots on the site yet. Since Snake has not yet appeared in any screenshots, and he's known to be unlockable, yet Metaknight has, I further believe Metaknight (and for that matter any of the other characters revealed on the Dojo site so far) will be a part of the default roster.

Of course, if Metaknight's profile is shown together with "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" or he isn't shown at all until after/just before Brawl is released, then my theory will be totally wrong, but for now, I'm confident that I'm right...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
No need to worry since they're already confirmed. They just haven't decided to show them yet so they can show other stuff. Oh and I think this thread'll be closed eventually.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
no, they are hidden characters, they come on later.
and where's your proof that Metaknight will be hidden?

I mean seriously people, don't state these things as facts if they haven't been.

I don't think they would reveal two newcomers in one week.
It's possible. Sakurai doesn't follow a pattern.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It was the "This world.." update on Sakurai's birthday. Plus that was a Friday. And tomorrows and Friday, and the guy who made Snake's birthday.

I have a good feeling about tomorrow :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i well, if it is snake, this will be the best update week yet. (if it isn't already).

and i think meta-knight is hidden because of Ike, Pokemon Trainer, and Diddy being put on the site before him. i'm guessing starting roster first, then he shows us the starting character selection screen, then he starts unveiling hidden new comers. thats why no one hidden from melee is on the site yet. i may be wrong, but so far all evidence points in my direction, except meta-knight was in a few screenshots...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He's been in a TON of screenshots. Just because some newcomers where announced before him doesn't mean anything. A few of the veterans still haven't been announced... Does that mean they're all hidden? :o

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think Diddy Kong will be a regular character but that is just me.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
"Heroes always arrive late."

No clue what this means, but Snake's no hero - 'apperently'.

On the other hand I really want to be optimistic about this. Maybe it will be Snake, finally. That song sounds like it suits Snake too if you ask me... Kojima's birthday, Friday, with an allusion like that phrase...

It must be Snake, it MUST BE!

ELSE I'LL DIE!!

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Blazer, you could figure it out in 10 seconds if you actually go to the site and check for yourself - instead of waiting for a response here.

Also, yes he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom