• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight B Moves Thread

Shark X

Smash Lord
What about in this video at 1:48ish?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1286912671314226194

Seems pretty clear to me he goes into a glide, does a f-air, then jumps and uses his up-B
Man that camera man was an idiot during the Ike match. How the hell were we supposed to see anything? He even admitted he was being idiotic. "Yeah I'll just zoom in and out now" Why even film the **** thing?

Now that the camera man prevented us from seeing Ike in action, it did remind me that I have never seen Ike in action. I don't like the character, but then again, I didn't like Marth as a character either, but Marth is my best playable. I should at least go look up Ike video's. For all I know, he could be my next main weither I like it or not.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Ive read that he really slow but insanely powerful, getting Kos at low percents (good thing he has those no-flinch moves)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's sort of odd to say "B Moves" when most of the controllers don't use B for "Special" moves. Remember "Press 1! Press 1!"? lolz.

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight will probably be dependant on edgeguarding to gain kills, kind of like Kirby in melee expect 10 times better

The sword grants him disjointed hitboxes which grant him priority, and the more priority a move has, the better it edgeguards.

And I think the mach tornado could be a great edgeguard as well. It has the ability to move around in the air and jump afterwards(at least I think so), and will probably will do decent knockback. But that's usally enough to kill someone trying to get back up. Also MK spins while using the mach tornado and is quite fast from the looks of it, because MK spins around, he will most likely be able to grab the ledge if he runs off the stage using mach tornado, it would be a great edgehogging technique. But because any charater can grab the ledge with thier back, the spinning part is most likey worthless.

And I have a question, can mach tornado go up while being used. I'm not sure so can somebody clarify it.

The demensional cape looks really cool. I thought it would be a reflector but I guessed wrong. I don't have any creative uses for it right now, but i'm thinking for some.

MK's final smash is cool, not my favorite, but cool. I hear you can combo into it with an f-air =).

I'm really excited to play with MK, mainly because he is my favorite charater of all time. He is the first one i'm using when Brawl comes out, unless he is unlockable, which would suck, but I highly doubt it.

Shark X

Smash Lord
He is the first one i'm using when Brawl comes out, unless he is unlockable, which would suck, but I highly doubt it.
I'm almost sure he'll be locked. The story seems to portray him as one of the villains (if not THE villain), and he's one of the coolest Nintendo bad ***** of all time, so he would be a good choice to make as one of the hardest unlockables in the game as well.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
I'm almost sure he'll be locked. The story seems to portray him as one of the villains (if not THE villain), and he's one of the coolest Nintendo bad ***** of all time, so he would be a good choice to make as one of the hardest unlockables in the game as well.
Meta Knight has never really been a bad guy. His motives are always very unclear, and he's always honorable and ends up helping you anyway. I'm almost CERTAIN his ship was stolen from him, or he's pretending to go along with the subspace emissary until the moment he can strike hard.

As for being unlockable, I'm not sure. Both Link and Zelda are starters. Mario and Peach are starters. It would make sense for Kirby and Meta Knight to be starters then, following the same logic.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Meta Knight has never really been a bad guy. His motives are always very unclear, and he's always honorable and ends up helping you anyway. I'm almost CERTAIN his ship was stolen from him, or he's pretending to go along with the subspace emissary until the moment he can strike hard.

As for being unlockable, I'm not sure. Both Link and Zelda are starters. Mario and Peach are starters. It would make sense for Kirby and Meta Knight to be starters then, following the same logic.
Meh, while I would love Meta Knight to be the first character I use, I would prefer him as a locked character just for the satisfaction of unlocking him. Snake and Sonic are already confirmed as locked characters, no telling if Marth will return (locked or default for that matter), Kirby could still suck, if Meta Knight isn't default, all I would have left to be my first played character would be Pit...

EDIT: Odd how long you've been here, but how little you've posted.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
Meh, while I would love Meta Knight to be the first character I use, I would prefer him as a locked character just for the satisfaction of unlocking him. Snake and Sonic are already confirmed as locked characters, no telling if Marth will return (locked or default for that matter), Kirby could still suck, if Meta Knight isn't default, all I would have left to be my first played character would be Pit...

EDIT: Odd how long you've been here, but how little you've posted.
Well they aimed both nerfs and buffs pretty carefully and hit spot on, with fox being toned down, bowser and mario being better, giving yoshi more of a chance to recover, etc etc. Considering their careful attention to balance I'd imagine Kirby will be much improved after his piss-poor performance in melee.

I haven't posted much because when it comes to melee, there has never been much for me to contribute. I employ advanced techniques and play a solid puff, but I've never been to a large tournament so I don't have much experience in the competitive scene. Hoping to change that with brawl, though. :)

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I can't remember but is
Dedede
a bad guy? If so that spretty good Brawl needs more villains for the SE

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
I can't remember but is
Dedede
a bad guy? If so that spretty good Brawl needs more villains for the SE
He's sort of like the "cover" villain for the games. You'll get to him, he'll be all like rawrrr we fight now, but then you'll easily beat him and it'll be revealed that he's really being controlled by the real bad guy of the kirby series, dark matter. Then he'll end up helping you fight dark matter. Essentially he's a cocky loser who tries to be badass, but really ends up being a dork. He's very similar to Bowser in games like Super Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I thought that after the side b and up b move, you go into the glide. I see it a lot in matches. Maybe after the free fall they decided to glide. Hmm...

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing I found out. I was playing an emulated(!) version of Kirby Super Star, and get this. Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop? It's actually a move of Wing Kirby. You kinda toss the enemy and do a gliding loop to smash them. I also found that Mach Tornado comes from the fight in Revenge of Meta Knight (against Meta Knight, of course) I can't seem to find Triple Dash, but everything else is at least in the Kirby games. I was just kind of thrown for a loop when I found Shuttle Loop as a Wing Power move.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Which I don't understand at ALL. It was never, ever shown to reflect anything. It's not even like "Mirror Cape", it's "Dimensional Cape."
Same here, although I assume that everyone thought that the dimensional cape was believed to reflect things because
1. In the first trailer of Brawl, Pit fires a light arrow and MetaKnight was seen blocking it with his cape.

2. They believed that the update on B moves foreshadowed this move as reflective.
"Many of these do unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks." - Sakurai

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
Same here, although I assume that everyone thought that the dimensional cape was believed to reflect things because
1. In the first trailer of Brawl, Pit fires a light arrow and MetaKnight was seen blocking it with his cape.
The arrow wasn't blocked nor reflected - MK wraps himself in his cape and momentarily disappears, and the arrow soars right through the spot he just was. Then he reappears.

The first thing I thought when I saw it was that it was going to be some sort of improved side step or a teleport move, like M2's up-B.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
The arrow wasn't blocked nor reflected - MK wraps himself in his cape and momentarily disappears, and the arrow soars right through the spot he just was. Then he reappears.

The first thing I thought when I saw it was that it was going to be some sort of improved side step or a teleport move, like M2's up-B.
Ohhh, I always thought that the arrow was blocked. My bad. It does make sense for Meta Knight to disappear in the trailer.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
ahh, eternal phoenix fire, your MK insight aiding many an arguement. personally I think MK's fsmash demonstrated in a gametrailers.com will be a fantastic kill move, and as I said, it's what Mk uses on mario in "you must recover"

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
So Meta's Up-B is the only special without falling lag and is one of his best KO moves. Any other tidbits to share? Out of shield tactics I guess?

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
So I was wondering about his Side-B. Is there any way to dodge it? It pretty much eats up your shield and if you jump MK can just follow. It just seems like such a great move because even if the opponent does manage to dodge it, they get a free hit on you...well big deal its worth the risk for a 30% damaging move. Any thoughts?

smashbot226

Smash Master
So I was wondering about his Side-B. Is there any way to dodge it? It pretty much eats up your shield and if you jump MK can just follow. It just seems like such a great move because even if the opponent does manage to dodge it, they get a free hit on you...well big deal its worth the risk for a 30% damaging move. Any thoughts?
Yes. It is slow as it moves, but not incredibly, so it gives you almost enough time to make a plan for a second.

Sometimes, a second is all it takes.

Oh, and the Beam Sword can now be extended.

At least MK has a long range move now.

*Sticking tongue out at MK fans*

Top Bottom