• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight B Moves Thread

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, discuss.

I personally think his moveset is fantastic.

B: A very fast move and since it is movable, it makes a great way to fend off crowds.

BV: Nice. However, from what I hear from the fanboys, it ain't so good. Nice to hear it has a surprise attack at the end.

B^: A quick attack and another way to keep your foe in the air, MK style.

B>: Bewteen this or Mach Tornado (B), Meta Knight's crowd control is unmatched.

T-major

Smash Champion
the down B is actually an evasion move, not a deflection.

in a few videos we see that it makes him disappear for a short time, (weather you can control how long it last is still unknown) and reappear somewhere else (or in the same spot, if you don't move the control stick). while he is invisable, attacks, projectiles and items pass through him.

Shark X

Smash Lord
the down B is actually an evasion move, not a deflection.

in a few videos we see that it makes him disappear for a short time, (weather you can control how long it last is still unknown) and reappear somewhere else (or in the same spot, if you don't move the control stick). while he is invisable, attacks, projectiles and items pass through him.
That sounds MUCH better than I thought it would. I thought we were getting another usless Mario Cape, Fox Reflector (though it has other good uses), or Mewtwo Confusion. Meta Knight's down B is sounding 100 times better now.

EDIT: I wonder if it can be used as a third jump. Think about it, Some Edge Guarders keeping you from return them, Down B their attack, and reappear behind them. This would give Meta Knight a total of 4 third jumps now. Far more than Anyone else has had.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy said in his thread that DownB was a full directional teleport, possibly with an attack upon reappearing. Which, needless to say, would rock.

I bet most of the people playing at E4All didn't realize they had to tilt the control stick after Down B

T-major

Smash Champion
Gimpy said in his thread that DownB was a full directional teleport, possibly with an attack upon reappearing. Which, needless to say, would rock.

I bet most of the people playing at E4All didn't realize they had to tilt the control stick after Down B
I can just imagine all the possibilities this could allow! like, Warp behind someone to dodge a forward smash, then counter it with your own!

Meta Knight is Rockin' my socks right now!

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
MK's Down B is actually a teleport, it can be useful in dodging lots of easily punished Smashes, and then you can pull off a smash of your own once you get out of the teleport. MK's side B is great, it hits multiple times, and can be very hard to punish. It can set the enemy up for a dangerous combo. MK's B move is decent, it can spin you around, dealing some damage. The main thing that is good about this move is that you can move anywhere while doing it. And MK's up B is a great recovery, since you will glide after using it.

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
that teleport move sounds incredibly useful lol
that, along with his speed will make him a very good character to use.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
MK's Down B is actually a teleport, it can be useful in dodging lots of easily punished Smashes, and then you can pull off a smash of your own once you get out of the teleport. MK's side B is great, it hits multiple times, and can be very hard to punish. It can set the enemy up for a dangerous combo. MK's B move is decent, it can spin you around, dealing some damage. The main thing that is good about this move is that you can move anywhere while doing it. And MK's up B is a great recovery, since you will glide after using it.
I'm going out on a limb and assumbing you can teleport from mid-air and on the ground? If so Sakurai knows how to give me some good nostaliga from Kirby Super Star. [Teleport boy] XD.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Meta Knight is looking AWESOME, his B is cool, his B> is strong (and awesome), his Bv is cool AND useful (I wonder if you could dodge a Final Smash), his B^ also looks like a good recovery move especially with how you glide afterward

My final verdict: I can't wait to main him and especially can't wait to play him in SE

Shark X

Smash Lord
There isn't any oopmh behind those attacks. He is just a cheap combo ho.
And thats the one thing that scares me about Meta Knight. Sure he needed some disadvantage, after being seemingly incredibly cheap, but this seems to make him completely unplayable for me, which scares me, considering he's my all time favorite Nintendo character. Bad enough Sonic is unplayable for me. Now Meta Knight too? Who the hell am I going to main now? >.< Guess I'm still stuck with Marth...

smashbot226

Smash Master
How about Diddy Kong, the underdog? Or undermonkey?

(WHOOPS, off topic.)

Uuh...

Meta Knight's B moves are really only useful for keeping foes off the stage, keeping them in the air, and crowd control.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Diddy is fine, but I like him just as little as Mario. I mean, Meta Knight and Mewtwo are two of my top Nintendo favorites, Mewtwo was done horribly wrong, so I had hopes for Meta Knight (and of course Sonic, but those hopes for Sonic are shot to hell). But now it seems Meta Knight will be unplayable for me.

When I made my last post, I'd forgotten about Snake, so I guess I have hope with him.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
By unplayable, what do you mean?

By the way, ever since I first saw Meta Knight I really wanted to play him. Those million slashes are awesome. I'm curious what his final smash will be.

MoneyCat

Smash Cadet
I've seen his FS already, I saw a video of every character in the demo using there FS. MK grabs his opponent and then he goes into his cloak and the screen turns black for a couple of seconds and he slashes sending his opponent bye bye.

The video could explain it better though.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman

By the way, ever since I first saw Meta Knight I really wanted to play him. Those million slashes are awesome. I'm curious what his final smash will be.
Crap, I don't have the link, but there is a video that shows it. It's similar to Link/Ike's smashes, where it's very short range. Metaknight will flash he cape just in front of him. If someone is within your range, the screen goes black for a sec, and a diagonal slash goes down the screen and your enemy goes flying!

I think it was taken from that samurai mini game in the Kirby series. Quick draw was it? It looks very powerful, but like Link's and Ike's, it's very short range.

smashbot226

Smash Master

1. HE means it will be difficult for him to play as MK because he is like Sonic, fast but not powerful.

2. It is bad. Possibly worse than DK's.

Runty_Grunty

Smash Cadet
For people saying Meta Knight won't be so good, consider that he uses a sword for his attacks. That means disjointed hit-boxes (which are what made Marth so deadly) and more range for a small character. That's a good thing; it allows him to somewhat distance himself from an enemy. Also consider that Meta Knight may have high priority attacks (also something that made Marth lethal).

Sure, he might not hit very hard, but neither did Fox in SSBM (aside from a few moves). Or Mewtwo; my brother (you know him as Tect) is pretty good with Mewtwo. Also consider that having more powerful attacks means you're slower; what good is a powerful attack if you can't even attack in the first place?

My two cents.

Shark X

Smash Lord
1. HE means it will be difficult for him to play as MK because he is like Sonic, fast but not powerful.
Close, but wrong. I stated earlier what I meant.

Meta Knight: No kill moves. I prefer to play with characters that have multiple kill moves. Meta Knight to my understanding, has none.

Sonic: Same reason I can't play with Fox or Falco. Too **** fast. Has nothing to do with power. Falco was pretty powerful, but they were too fast for me. I could never connect hits because I either attacked too early, or too late.

For people saying Meta Knight won't be so good, consider that he uses a sword for his attacks. That means disjointed hit-boxes (which are what made Marth so deadly) and more range for a small character. That's a good thing; it allows him to somewhat distance himself from an enemy. Also consider that Meta Knight may have high priority attacks (also something that made Marth lethal).
Difference, Marth had plenty of kill moves.

Sure, he might not hit very hard, but neither did Fox in SSBM (aside from a few moves). Or Mewtwo; my brother (you know him as Tect) is pretty good with Mewtwo. Also consider that having more powerful attacks means you're slower; what good is a powerful attack if you can't even attack in the first place?
Mewtwo's grabs, shadow ball, meteor smash, and down smash were pretty powerful. Fox's Up B was dangerous. I remember Fox having other dangerous kill moves, but I don't remember them too well. Now Sheik, she was fast, and powerful. Meta Knight seems to have them all beat in sheer speed, but no power at all.

I'm HOPING Meta Knight has some kill moves, and people just havn't had the time to play with him enough to learn them yet. That would be my only hope for Meta Knight. Not saying he's a bad character, I'm just saying he's bad for ME to play with. Fox too is bad for me to play with, but look at him, he's god tier as it is.

rocky9494

Smash Cadet
Nice vid on MK. Does MK have multiple jumps like Kirby?

On-Topic: So his Bv is a teleport? That's good to know I thought it was a reflecting move. Does he immediately go into a glide after his B^ or do you have to hold the jump button?

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I'm HOPING Meta Knight has some kill moves, and people just havn't had the time to play with him enough to learn them yet. That would be my only hope for Meta Knight. Not saying he's a bad character, I'm just saying he's bad for ME to play with. Fox too is bad for me to play with, but look at him, he's god tier as it is.
I know there was a video of some killer hits, but the bad part MK is more based towards beating the opponent down with blows, and then when they're too weak smash the crap out of them. XP Hopefully he won't be too bad.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Close, but wrong. I stated earlier what I meant.

Meta Knight: No kill moves. I prefer to play with characters that have multiple kill moves. Meta Knight to my understanding, has none.

Sonic: Same reason I can't play with Fox or Falco. Too **** fast. Has nothing to do with power. Falco was pretty powerful, but they were too fast for me. I could never connect hits because I either attacked too early, or too late.

Difference, Marth had plenty of kill moves.

Mewtwo's grabs, shadow ball, meteor smash, and down smash were pretty powerful. Fox's Up B was dangerous. I remember Fox having other dangerous kill moves, but I don't remember them too well. Now Sheik, she was fast, and powerful. Meta Knight seems to have them all beat in sheer speed, but no power at all.

So your saying you wanted to play Sonic/Metaknight but can't because they are too fast? What exactly were you expecting of Sonic? Normal speed?

Metaknight having a teleport is tempting me greatly. He sounds too too good. Even if he utterly lacks a kill move he is nigh unkillable thanks to brawl physics, his recovery, and comboiness. This is of course speculation, but his matches may be really long.

Shark X

Smash Lord
So your saying you wanted to play Sonic/Metaknight but can't because they are too fast? What exactly were you expecting of Sonic? Normal speed?
Why the hell do you guys keep claiming I'm saying I can't play as Meta Knight because he's too fast? I said that about SONIC, FOX, and FALCO! I NEVER EVER EVER said that about Meta Knight. Get it right and stop saying the same crap.

From the videos I've seen of Sonic, he strangely seemed to move slower than Fox (which gave me a little hope, but didn't make any sense), but from what I've read, people say he's faster then Fox (which does make more sense).

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen all his moves, but his Foward smash is definately a kill move.
Holy crap, yes. While it doesn't arch-overhead like Marth's forward smash, the speed and power seem very comparable from what I've seen. The range is actually even slightly better, to boot.

I don't think MK will have too much difficulty killing people, especially if you pull some Jigs nonsense on them and just fly off and punish them. His recovery is amazing enough to do that kind of stuff, methinks.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I think I just thought of a New advanced move for Meta Knight!!

He could jump once and glide straight at the opponent useing an attack.
Then jump again glideing at the opponent. And repeat
I think you could do this rapidly, slowly pushing your opponent towords the edge.

If the opponent shields you just keep going through. If they try to just you completely own them.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I could use any character on Melee and win a match, same on the original so why should this one be any different? Just don't understand all the fuss about not having a crazy powerful hit... I think he's more about avoiding and racking up high percentages on people then harassing them off a cliff. Even read one guy's blog about the demo and how one person was totally owning with MK so I'm not worried about balance issues really. Anything glaring will be fixed before release.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
you cant jump after a glide, so if you attack out of it, you just fall. However, you can jump out of the fall stun on a Downb meaning you may be able to attack>downb>jump>attack>repeat in a sudo "wall of pain" for meta knight

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Nice vid on MK. Does MK have multiple jumps like Kirby?

On-Topic: So his Bv is a teleport? That's good to know I thought it was a reflecting move. Does he immediately go into a glide after his B^ or do you have to hold the jump button?

He does have multiple jumps.

His down-b warps him somewhere, and if there's an enemy in range of his exit spot, he attacks.

He does go into a glide immediately after his up-b, automatically.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
@Oakwood

MetaKnight can't kill for anything. Simple as that.

MetaKnight is a damage character, his only good kill move is his Up B during launch, and it's hard to land.
Ah, I see. Ah, s'all good, I was hoping he wouldn't turn out to be too powerful. I'm really interested in his air game. Would you say he plays like puff at all? Is he maybe similar to young link, in that he lacks KO power?

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
Top Bottom