• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight a Top-Tier Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodahIII

Smash Rookie
What do you think? Judging on "Behind the Mask" I think he would be, but I'm not sure. He is fast and pulls off good combos, but he has some flaws...:psycho:

Animal control

Smash Ace
HA first post.... i guess i am the wrong person to answer this post, becuase i am i fox player and i am just going to say fox for top tier agian but meta knights looks pretty good, and right now is to earily to tell who's is going to take top tier

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
When will people learn that these things get closed... Where's a mod when you need em?

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Seriously, the only thing we have seen on Brawl is the Demo and not the final completed game. This thread is doomed to be closed.

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
Too early to decide that, but seeing his similarities to Kirby, I'd have to say no. Mid-top at the most.

He has poor throwing, and no real KOing moves, add his average aerial ability... he isn't the best. He has speed though, but speed does not always equate to top-tier.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
None of the demo characters had what it takes to be Top Tier by Melee standards. None. Meta Knight was Mid Tier, at best.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Yeah mediknight has no chance of getting into top tier sure he's easy to play, but he's light. I think he will be in the middle

metaknight123

Smash Rookie
meta knight is gonna be the best character on brawl so people who dont use him better get used to losing to him when you vs him

froggster93

Smash Rookie
Ya I'm going to main metaknight for sure. I can see why people wouldn't like to play with him, but that's your opinion and I'm ok with that.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to try him out and I think it's poossible he could be high or top tier because he is quick, good moveset, nice recovery ability, has a counter-ish move, and some strong knockout smash attacks

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to try him out and I think it's poossible he could be high or top tier because he is quick, good moveset, nice recovery ability, has a counter-ish move, and some strong knockout smash attacks
No way in hell he would have strong attacks. He is physically ****ing weak.

courte

Smash Lord
Meta-Knight = Strider Hiryuu so yea you're sorta right... except the game isn't out yet... so STFU--wait until AMERICAN RELEASE please before you put up such revealing post about your netiquette. It's not that far away, and theres plenty of games to play until Mar. 9.

[Wishes for mod powers]
-------------------------
if you really need to think about it lets look at the PAST
SSB64-Pikachu is Top Tier because of the unbalanced grabs
SSBM-After the final tier wars[frigging idiots!-Napolean Dynamite]
it was Fox and Falco for a diverse meta-game, speed/aerial dominance (that is no where nere jiggly??) in part exploiting some "broken" gameplay mechanics and whatnot
SSBB-IT'S A BRAND NEW GAME, THUS THERE IS GOING TO BE MUCH DISPUTE FOR A VERY LONG TIME!! PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PUT OUT A TIER LIST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! WAIT A WHILE AND PLAY THE DAMM GAME HUH??!!

Staco

Smash Champion
I think he will be high tier, or top
look marth, he had not the best attacks, too, but he is top-tier
only the weakness is a little bit bad, but it isnt too bad
he is only 20 points under dedede, and only 9 points under normal weights
so it doesnt matter, because other characters fly the same way like him
it seems, that every character lost weight ;)

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight likes like an insane comboer, so he probably has a good chance of high tier or top tier. Marth and Shiek were both high tier because of their combos, and Falcon was the top of the middle tier for the exact same reason.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Hard to say from only a few playable demos. Still, he looks like he'll be on the middle-tier, maybe slightly above average because of his recovery and combo-skills. His reported lack of strong smashes prevents him from being way too powerful. I'm glad the game seems a bit more balanced than Melee, nobody has a clear amazing advantage over anyone else. At least, no one we've seen...

Either way, I'm going to main him nonetheless.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
My money is on Meta Knight being about halfway up the middle tier. Also he has the flashiest moves in the game and he is currently my character of choice.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I think you mean a top-queer character
We're all sure you are, but this discussion is about Meta Knight.

Anywho, top-tier claims may be wingin' it a bit. At the least, he seems to have the potential of an upper mid-tier (though I suspect a lot of the low-tier vets in Melee to become decent mid-tiers in Brawl). He's got B-moves that look good overall, and he's arguably the definitive character for the game's newest standard A attack system, in which he's cleary pretty quick.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
None of the demo characters had what it takes to be Top Tier by Melee standards. None. Meta Knight was Mid Tier, at best.
That's a good sign, I think, because if none of the characters stand out blatantly above the rest, then the game would be more balanced.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
balance is what makes me happy about Brawl. No more whinning for using Sheik, Fox, and Marth. As for MK He looks like a mid-teir.

Staco

Smash Champion
I would say high tier
he has some good combos
and he has his dealdy 100 procent wall combo
and that his hitas arent so powerfull doesnt matter, you have to edgeguard
and to jump to your opponent when he is out of the stage

but maybe he only will be mid-tier, but then there will be no low and no other hightiers
maybe ssbb really balanced ;)
but I think for 1on1 mk ist better than some other characters
in 1on1on1on1s not so extrem good

denisuki~

Smash Rookie
He seems like top tier material to me, but you never know... Maybe this game will be balanced for a change.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I really don't think he seems like a top teir when he lacks moves that he can reliably count on for a KO... sure he'll rack-up damage, but I don't think he'll seal the deal before his oponents can finish his light frame.... he has some GREAT possibility on teams though.

who knows what's in store though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom