• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Brawler Weeklies

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I've officially removed the N64 Mario Kart Battle from the competitions' list. Sorry Talon, it's been replaced with an N64 Star Fox 64 tournament.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Just got a call from Drumma (old school melee'er from Florida for those who don't know), and he's going to be in Memphis for a few days starting tonight. So yeah, all Melee people should try to come tomorrow/Tuesday.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I feel for some reason I should play strictly melee for tomorrow.Why? I do not know. Unspeakable forces draw me to it.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Don't give in Talon!!! That's the Dark Side working it's magic on you! Don't give in!!!! Turn back before it's too late!!!
Why stick to the Jedi way when it restrains my full potential? The Dark Side has no boundaries and I can choose to use the force or sith lightning at will. I'll be fine.I need to master my melee Fox and prepare for INNsomnia.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
But there will Brawl at INNsomnia, so if you quit Brawl, then you'll just become one of THEM!
I was one of "Them" to begin with.I just migrated to brawl. I seek to regain my Fox status back in melee and still retain my power in brawl with Fox.It's called adapting,sir.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Mwahahahaha!

Welcome to the combo side Talon!

I play both Melee and Brawl, doesn't really affect my playstyle anymore. It used to though.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Cyner I don't think I've ever actually Brawled with you before? I had no idea...

I totally just looked up Godwin's law... LMAO! That's awesome!

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Yes!! SO I can still keep my power as a brawler and reincarnate my Fox in melee.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Ever since I've started playing SSB64, I haven't enjoyed Brawl much. The lack of comboes, and tripping... It all just seems... so... lame... My love for Brawl is fading. I still haven't played Melee much though.
I am quite amused.

So if I brought Blazblue: CS (xbox360) would anyone be interested in playing?

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
There is a group that brings blaze blue every week. They usually play it upstairs
Soooooo no one wants to experience pain against Pein himself in Naruto Shipuuden Ninja Storm 2? I already claimed some guy's life last tuesday in the first version.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Alright guys, so I think we should take the next step in our community and begin some travelling to more tournaments. This will be a great chance for people to see what other Smashers are out there and to build our skill levels. We can organize carpooling and such here, and garner interest for travelling.

I'm going to begin posting upcoming tournaments that I plan on attending. If you know of any tournaments to attend post them also. Here's my list for the next 2 weeks following the Memphis Brawler tournament on January 22.

January 29: Birmingham, AL (Brawl + Melee)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295221

Right now, Talon, Wolfei, Tetsujin and Sudomaru are riding in my car. I'm all out of seats in my car. We'll definitely to get another car for carpooling and split gas if anyone else wants to go. If I can get housing for free then we'll leave Friday night, Jan. 28. If not, were leaving at 5 AM on Saturday.

February 5: Mississippi State University (Brawl/Melee/SSB64)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291341&highlight=memphis

The MSU series is phenomenal! It's a great place for a growing Smash Community! I am pushing these events so that we can help them continue to grow! No cars assigned yet. But I will be taking an SUV with setups. I'll have 4 seats available, and request $5 in gas money from my passengers. My car will be leaving at 5AM on Saturday morning, Feb. 5. If anybody else would like to help with vehicles, setups, or would like to carpool, then post here and let me know!

I will start doing tournament updates like this often.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
They are every Wednesday now! I hear the Brawl guys are coming back this Wednesday. That will hopefully revive the Brawl scene! It's been awesome seeing the Melee scene grow and grow, but now it's time to see the Brawlers get back in on it!

Ambix

Smash Ace
Shoot a text to myzztek. 901 270 8033.

He smashes pretty much every day over in cordova.

Ambix

Smash Ace
yeah they play melee, but you'll have to talk to myzztek. I live in pittsburgh now actually.

I just happened to check the thread yesterday. Pretty sure no one else browses the forums any more.

If he doesn't answer his phone i can get a hold of someone else for you.

There's still plenty of people in memphis who play.

Top Bottom