• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memorial Melee Tournament @LMU FREE FOOD AND NOS FT. S2J + MERC SETUPS NEEDED!!!

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
yea good idea, but not sure how much time i'll have to make flyers/publicize it in the next day. from what it seems, there will be a good turnout which is good cuz i have a ****load of nos/food for ya'll

COCO

Smash Cadet
1st: Not sure if i can bring a full set-up, which do u need more
2nd: teams anyone? (I know its last minute)

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
1st: Not sure if i can bring a full set-up, which do u need more
2nd: teams anyone? (I know its last minute)
cocoo we need tv's man im worried were not gonna have enough, this goes out to everyone please bring setups if u can, anything will help

Raish

Smash Rookie
SUPER DUPER LAST MINUTE. teams anyone? Lol

:phone:
I'll team with you if you're cool with that. I just decided to come for teams too right now. I'm the Sheik you played last week.

Bosco, this means my setup will be there the whole time too. I also have an extra memory card but not an extra copy of Melee.

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
Hope everyone had a good time. Big shoutouts to Crimson, Sung, Khepri and others for helping put together pools/bracket. Also great job Johnny, Wes, Merc, Baka, Sung, Adam, a Rookie and others for really putting on an enjoyable show. It was good to see some familiar faces and also nice meeting lots of you. I'd be happy to set up something like this again soon. Thanks for coming everyone and results will probably be up in the next couple days for those interested.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
only cuz i didnt enter

shoutouts:

bosco: gotta get your real name next time. thanks for hosting. venue fee is expensive but we've been low on tournaments so beggars can't be choosers. very kind of you to go out of your way for predominantly one person (me). wes really appreciated those strawberries, hahaha, and so do i! if anything i'd much much prefer free water over free nos. no high fructose corn syrup!

ben: you keep getting better, dude. slow and steady wins the race! if we play 1-2 times per week this summer you'll be really good before you know it. forgot to have you look over my controller. thanks a lot for calling me the night before and pulling my arm to go. im slightly better at this game than i think i am.

jocelyn: quiet as a mouse! i respect that.

johnny kim: always enlightening playing you. you're the king of johns, even though i always believe them. off day or not this was the first time playing you since my return that i didn't feel overwhelmed, but simply outplayed. you have weaknesses and strengths just like anyone else. you're amazing at not getting hit.

weston dennis: hahahahaha thanks for teaming with me. your falcon and my sheik do not mix! my fox and your falcon are better off but i didn't have confidence without my good controller. super clutch third game in beating peligro/nordin. we pulled that out of our ***. how the heck did we lose to baka/a rookie in winners? okay i take some blame too: i was playing too passively. i started to turn it on late in losers and was really feeling it v merc/s2j. winning two consecutive sets is tough though. i have a lot of experience teaming with marth, fox and falco so if you have to use a secondary, go marth or fox!

you're a deceptively smart player in singles. when my ego was larger i disliked playing your secondaries but now i feel like you're doing me a favor. it's easier to learn when you're not getting *****, plus your secondaries are unique. your falcon and marth are sick. oh my god you ***** me so hard that second money match. baiting that fair and reverse uairing on reaction. i woulda tapped if you went marth though. next time i'll try to have money so i can mm your falcon, marth and fox. people need to stop johning; falcon is fierce on fountain of dreams.

sung hyun: it took me a couple of stocks to get relaxed in our money match. this game is all about keeping a clear head. that comeback game 1 really set the tone for the set. you almost did the same in game 4! i was pretty nervous, catching myself thinking: 'you don't want to go to game 5...' i wish i could tell you exactly what you're missing but when i'm playing you i'm just trying not to get hit.

julio: awww, if black people could blush! your compliment in the middle of our money match really threw me off! hahaha, the ultimate mindgame. i was on point! not entering really fired me up to win all my money matches.

jason yoon: would've been fun to play you in teams! too bad you got demoralized with your ganon in game 1; the money match lost its luster in my eyes after that. your falcon's particularly odd, though, with some grimy reads. i need to calm myself down whenever i play you; i want to beat you too badly! just like sung even though i won 3-1 i felt the result could've easily been the opposite. i was risking tilt when that dude was chatting you up in the middle, and right after you kneed me while i was hanging on the ledge. holy crap i was annoyed! glad i found my composure.

broderick: hahahaha your name is bold! THE EMERALD TABLETS! dah foo. really enjoyed playing you in teams. hope to see you at more tournaments; you're precisely what socal needs: variety, style and demeanor.

yuta: are you named after an anime character? or should i say is an anime character named after you? hahahaha. pretty good falco. not gonna lie, i intentionally went sandbagging fox in our friendly set in hopes it would con you into money matching it for reelz. DON'T GO DOWN THERE! that's how i roll; thugged out since cub scouts! nah man your falco is legit! you're from san diego? i like your falco because it's not weird; it's your classic new age technisocal falco. i respect that.

vahag: i was on point today! FOUR STOCK SON WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED! okay, i'm sorry for putting you on blast like that. last time i played you i underestimated you so i made sure to bring my A game this time around. go to more tournaments!

daniel blado, chris [peligro], albert [a rookie]: you're lucky you don't money match ;)

nordin: is that your tag? what's your name? holy crap you were ****** me in teams for a minute. you know how to edge guard sheik!

michael haber: we need to do sheik dittos fah daaaaaayz! so good for learning fundamentals. possibly my favorite matchup

oscar nilsson: i wish you were here (c) incubus

matt tafazoli: NO IRVINE?! YOU ARE IRVINE! IT WAS SO NAKED WITHOUT YOU! i woulda ***** you in a money match though; i was on today. also was nice not to slow down the tournament with recording. dude, recording/commentary is so overrated. if it ain't losers/winners/grand finals/$5 money matches it's done.

jeremy agaric: i'm leveling up just in time for you to come back to 909 for the summer! COME ONNNN! dude, if you and jason come back for the summer, i'm gonna be pro status by fall.

ARIAN: hahahaha, wes has convinced me to pronounce your name like nazi. i want to hear vahag or someone armenian pronounce it! GO SPURS GO! HOLY CRAP I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR FOR THIS! CANNOT WAIT UNTIL 5:30 PM! who's gonna call the game? jesus is reggie miller really part of the no. 1 broadcasting team for TNT? steve kerr, reggie miller and marv albert? i like kevin harlan more than albert, though. i love me some albert but harlan's detached, low-key style is my cup of tea. GOD I HATE REGGIE MILLER! chris webber is so much better than him. the thunder are gonna get crushed for playing fisher/perkins (and to a lesser extent thabo) this series. they're really gonna miss eric maynor here. ginobili's been off the first two series; he's due for a HUGE one here. i predict 22 ppg, 42% 3pt%, 48% FG, 4.7 apg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 to. if he outplays harden the thunder have no chance.

GINOBILI V HARDEN: THE 2ND AND THIRD BEST SHOOTING GUARDS IN THE NBA FACING OFF! THIS IS SUCH A GREAT SERIES! i predict spurs in 5 but i hope it goes 7 w/ spurs winning LDO

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yuta: are you named after an anime character? or should i say is an anime character named after you? hahahaha. pretty good falco. not gonna lie, i intentionally went sandbagging fox in our friendly set in hopes it would con you into money matching it for reelz. DON'T GO DOWN THERE! that's how i roll; thugged out since cub scouts! nah man your falco is legit! you're from san diego? i like your falco because it's not weird; it's your classic new age technisocal falco. i respect that.
i think yuta is pretty good

COCO

Smash Cadet
I got home in like 10 min supa fast couldnt slp till like 1 am i got good practice from all u guys! Def coming to the next 1! I wanna give some shout outs to everyone i played @ the tournie:
Jonny (Bosco): Great job on this one i dont think space was an issue, thx for the snacks man! Also glad to play your marth and other charcters, u rly improved the last time i saw u
Michael (Raish) : Well I didnt beat ur shiek, still trying to decide whether my falco or my fox is a better choice. Watch out tho! NExt time! Ggs
Khepri: I played u once and got totally owned..lol. But i watched some of ur matches (teams mostly) and u and sung are destuctive
Sung: You and Khepri are a force in teams! glad to have u in my pool, at least i got to fight u twice :p
A Rookie: You seem like a pretty chill guy. Did u ever find ur controller? Also glad u were in my pool i got great practice from it. OH i almost forgot!!! I saw u do that up air combo on someone in our pool that was $^@*#j crazy!! Mario on mushrooms!! That was like 10 u airs in a row!
Midj: You and I are like at the same level man, which is good cuz I get even better practice when I can play someone close to my level. If u got better tech skill u'd **** with peach, ggs
S2J: Didnt play u but good games against Westballz
Westballz: Same thing and beast combos.. I saw u were fighting someone on mikes TV and it was like a 2 min combo video!! Also, entertaining GFs
Jocelyn: My bad i forgot ur name lol. Someone else made a post about a Jocelyn so that must've been you. Anyways great falco at least u can waveshine with spacies, i still gotta get on that. I suggest trying that thing in hyrule castle with luigi and falco where you float on the cieling its hilarious
Jason (bizarro) : Nuu i didnt get to fight you!! U left early! Oh well I saw some of ur games, and srsly for a Ganon, you're up there. Although you seem to like to wavedash a lot..maybe too much, heh.
CrimsonBlur: Ah, didnt get to finish that match! Next time, and what a flashy marth, i think my advice for you and Bizarro is the same but dont mind me
group of four black guys: See the reason i didnt remember ur names is cuz u were playing brawl. Nah but ok one of u i played a lot. Ur brother was also with u i think. Anyways, great playing with u man
Yuta: Srry man i didnt play u but ur in the fb South Bay group so next time~
Guy that started playing Melee since Apex: We should play more often. I think i got the best practice from u
And final shout outs to anyone else i can;t remember that was there: WHy did u eat all the Fruit Roll Ups!!! Damn u!!

Top Bottom