• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melty Blood

Sieg

Smash Champion
I just sat in practice for a long time learning ****.

Although I don't know if I can be considered good because I've never vsed you guys.

Zero

Smash Hero
Chaos sucks, just wave a knife inside his jacket and eventually you'll kill his world.

Tom, bring your laptop tomorrow, I'll bring controllers.

Ciel right? It's Ciel isn't it?

Ciel?

I'm positive it's Ciel.
It's Kohaku :(

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
^ LOL (Gets the reference)

MBAA will hopefully be ran at rocky, if not then MBAC will be run instead =)

Also Tim Neko Arc's BnB is 2B 2C 5C JB 5C JB 5C 214C

The numbers are what you would press if it was on a numpad 2 being crouch, J being jump etc

Also I am sooooo Neko Arc dittoing you =D

Zero

Smash Hero
I hope it's not AA, I won't get to practice playing Miyako, nor will I be able to decide between half, crescent and full MIyako :(

I replayed killing Chaos yesterday, Tsukihime DS kicks *** at work. I've got FSN with all paths, fully translated and voiced on my DS too :DDD

Zero

Smash Hero
Banana Shiki should be mandatory viewing for everyone in this thread.

Search Banana Shiki in Youtube and you'll see the high level Japanese play.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I highly doubt it will be MBAA at Rocky, hardly anyone would even have played it by then. I'm hoping there will at least be MBAA setups for friendlies though.

I'll be going with some "loli clone who pulls ice and fireballs from under her skirt". ****'s gonna be ****. Summonerkun wants me to get better than him at Melty before Rocky cause he's bored of winning all the time lols. I WILL TRY BRO.

Can't wait for MBAA. Riesbyfe looks ****ing AMAZING, I have already decided to second her at least. And WLen has buffs all over the place, <3 fullmoon. Aoko doesn't look too different from what I can tell, I keep noticing her new voicework though. xD

Hey Zero/Summonerkun, MBAA training camp 22-23 August k?

Edit: Just noticed this
Tak said:
wow nice, anywho for anyone who is worried about it being MBAA the crescent moon style is the same style as MBAC =)
This isn't (necessarily) true. There WAS some talk of C = MBAC, F = MBAA, H = Hybrid, but that is quite easily disproven if you look at the characters. C-Nanaya, for example, is very different from MBAC Nanaya. From what I can tell, C = Fast/Weak, F = Slow/Strong, H = Balance. Although even that might be wrong, H-WLen for example is quite strong (but seems to lack any other redeeming qualities lol).

isthattim?

Smash Ace
beeeeeeeeep
clear!!!
beeeep
clear!!!
da dum da dum

attempt to revive thread successful

i'm picking up one of the knife dudes to compensate for any of neko arc's bad matchups
which one is teh bestest?
its really hard to tell what tactics are actually gonna be effective against humans due to the ****ness of the AI

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
can't believe i am about to say this but this is the best description i can think of

Nanaya Shiki = Fox
Tohno Shiki = Falco
=/

Zero

Smash Hero
As long as you don't abuse teleport with Nanaya, either should be fine. They're both solid and tourney viable.

Unlike the nekos.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
jyanjyanjyan~

But seriously, Mantis arm + Neko awesome is the perfect counterpick for everything ever. Is the first part of NAC's mantis arm air unblockable?

Right now I'm fixing my standard combos with Kohaku and getting the timing exactly right all the time. As I don't really know Kohaku's bnbs I just use 2a 2b 2c 5c either j.c or j.ab grab, pretty sure that I can add another couple of air attacks but my timing is just out. Basically, I just need to get better at comboing out of j.b and j.c on aerial opponents and stop just rushing through the combos without noticing if they've blocked it or not.

In other news, Chaos is loltastic. SHAAAARKS IN MY AAAARRRMMMMSSS.

Thinking of setting up some sort of replay sharing for this thread. Thoughts?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
That might be a good idea once some of us don't suck. Though I'm sure Melbourne could teach us the ways of Melty. :3
Oh and Summonerkun, since when was mantis arm ever unblockable? lol (EDIT: Disregard that, I suck ****s.)

Tim - That is like every matchup lawl.

Tak - Speaking of knife dudes, Ryougi better not turn out to be the Wolf of the trio. She's too **** cool to suck so hard.

Zero

Smash Hero
She does suck, but WHO CARES, I'M A RYOUGI MAIN/MAN. eyes of moe perception forever

@Tom: don't forget Dr Kohaku's Garage as epic counterpick. Also wanna come over tomorrow after English for melty/smash?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
How can you tell Ryougi sucks when nobody's played her yet lol? D:

Well whatever, I'll probably use her regardless.

I would ask to join you for Melty tomorrow, except it seems I'll be playing some Melee/SFIV with Shaun instead. <3

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
so r u lololol (heh don't let unreon see that post, he'll armbar you or something. D: )

Edit: In the interests of making this post not-spam, I think we should discuss Touko Aozaki for MB4, and possibly other mages from KnK. I'm actually surprised Touko didn't make it to MBAA, considering Ryougi did.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
God dammit Tsukihime, why are you so sad? Everytime I hear some of the music I get sad now. Finally got around to finishing Hisui Good ending and with that all of the endings. Is it worth hunting for all the images?

;________; Kohaku
;____; Akiha
;____; Arcueid
;__; Hisui
>:D Ciel

Ohyeah, Tim, do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGu_ILsIhXI
and this is just lol (not melty related) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRBVPzBAw0

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah Tim, you'd be able to punish me like mad if you could do that.

Oh gawds, once Tom and TIm's Ganon's get good they'll be scary as ****/

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Get back to studying you. I'll try out warlock kick > lol this afternoon ;D

Althought I doubt it will be as effective against Zero Suit Tether.

in other news, an image from Tsukihime is looking to be pretty good related material right about now. I'll try to work in Unlimited Blade works somewhere into it ;D

Zero

Smash Hero
Just say that Archer's story, UBW, is about trying to change his experiences of belonging (guardian of the earth) through altering his past experiences (killing Shirou) thus demonstrating Nasu's representation of past experiences affecting your sense of belonging.

then quote

"I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death,
nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
yet these hands will never hold anything
So, as I pray
Unlimited Blade Works!"

FInd some techniques in there and relate them to belonging, identity or how past experiences shape either.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Just say that Archer's story, UBW, is about trying to change his experiences of belonging (guardian of the earth) through altering his past experiences (killing Shirou) thus demonstrating Nasu's representation of past experiences affecting your sense of belonging.

then quote

"I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death,
nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
yet these hands will never hold anything
So, as I pray
Unlimited Blade Works!"

FInd some techniques in there and relate them to belonging, identity or how past experiences shape either.
Unlimited technique works*

As I was looking at the Wiki for the quote, right underneath is has "ARCHER IS SHIRLOL" and I was like "I sorta knew that but FFFFFFFFFF**** SPOILERS"

Anyway, Kohaku <3

Sieg

Smash Champion
Urgh, Shiki.

Everyone knows the only playable characters are the Neko's, Ciel, Kohaku and ChHOAAAAAAAAAA.

They should just get rid of every other character.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Tim - It's not all that hard to humiliate Summonerkun; just put him in a room with people who actually know how to play the game! :D

Sieg - If they did that, I would have to rage at the distinct lack of moe that was Len. ;_;

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
>Len sucks
>2nd on the tier list

Oh, you.

Len is most certainly the pinnacle of moe. Just look at her!

Sieg

Smash Champion
**** you imageshack, why do you hate me when I'm at work.

I'll look when I get home.

But this had better be extremly Moe.

Top Bottom