• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project MeleeAI - A better AI for SSBM (UPDATE: NOW WORKS FOR CONSOLE)

KyoTehCatt

Smash Cadet
Download the patch from the link you have, then follow the tutorial on the SD remix site for how to patch an iso. We both use xdelta patches so the steps are the same, just apply MeleeAI_patch instead of the SD remix one.
Dude I give up. I did everything right and I don't get the meleeAI iso in file. I keep getting the File without the disc so it won't register to dolphin. I used the delta thing, patched the melee AI, sourced the melee 1.02 iso, and named it. After it says it's complete only the little file looking piece of paper shows. No disc.

Rank1Soon

Smash Rookie
Dude I give up. I did everything right and I don't get the meleeAI iso in file. I keep getting the File without the disc so it won't register to dolphin. I used the delta thing, patched the melee AI, sourced the melee 1.02 iso, and named it. After it says it's complete only the little file looking piece of paper shows. No disc.
In the delta thing: did you use the ending .iso? That is important.
And secondly : it wont register on dolphin anyway ( I THINK ) unless you use linux
but it works on console with nintendont loader e.g.

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I need help please, I'd really love to use this build. I keep getting an error as follows.

Attachments

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
turn off codes in the dolphin settings
thanks, it works now but the 2nd player cpu doesn't do anything, just stands there and when you approach or do anything they don't react but when you hit them and knock them offstage they recover, not properly but like normal cpus.. above the ledge... any way to fix this so I can FIGHT the cpu? lmao

Pikachu2040

Smash Rookie
thanks, it works now but the 2nd player cpu doesn't do anything, just stands there and when you approach or do anything they don't react but when you hit them and knock them offstage they recover, not properly but like normal cpus.. above the ledge... any way to fix this so I can FIGHT the cpu? lmao
The bot is only for recovering, it looks like.

luckycharms14

Smash Rookie
The bot doesn't do anything in neutral yet. It does DI, tech, jump out of hitstun, and recover intelligently. Something isn't right with the build if the CPU only does the default recovery (45 degree firefox)

Pikachu2040

Smash Rookie
The bot doesn't do anything in neutral yet. It does DI, tech, jump out of hitstun, and recover intelligently. Something isn't right with the build if the CPU only does the default recovery (45 degree firefox)
The bot doesn't recover at all when I use marth, peach, and some other characters. I mainly play on final destination, but I sometimes play on other stages. Am I doing something wrong?

luckycharms14

Smash Rookie
The bot doesn't recover at all when I use marth, peach, and some other characters. I mainly play on final destination, but I sometimes play on other stages. Am I doing something wrong?
You have to play against Fox and and on tourney legal stages.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
MeleeAI does overwrite quite a bit of single player/debug code so its best if you
avoid those areas in order to not crash the game.
can u let us know when this is fixed? i play on all the stages so i guess this update would be useless for me, although i would love to have it. plz let me know when this is fixed and it will work on all stages or, at least not crash the game if played on other stages.

Last edited:

luckycharms14

Smash Rookie
can u let us know when this is fixed? i play on all the stages so i guess this update would be useless for me, although i would love to have it. plz let me know when this is fixed and it will work on all stages or, at least not crash the game if played on other stages.
It won't crash the game on any stage, just the AI won't work on non-legal stages so you would have to play against P3 or P4 CPU's

tricklestix

Smash Rookie
hey,
I would like to help out with development. I have a windows computer but I could install a linux shell to work on it. I have been wanting to make an AI/help make an AI. I could add optional aggressive features to it, features that make it attack.

Last edited:

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
hey,
I would like to help out with development. I have a windows computer but I could install a linux shell to work on it. I have been wanting to make an AI/help make an AI. I could add optional aggressive features to it, features that make it attack.
You could also program the other top tiers' recoveries, It would be something that 20XX 4.05 doesn't have yet.

Last edited:

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
hey,
yes pls, join the team. n don't just focus of top tier, itd be nice if low tier stepped their game up, it can be fun fighting badass low tiers

MrSquishy

Smash guy, I guess.
If I'm interested in messing around with Melee AI, am I best off forking your repo and going to work? Or does Achilles1515 Achilles1515 have a different framework I should be using? Not sure if he did all his stuff in assembly, but I'd much rather work in a high-level language. What about @AltF4 (http://smashboards.com/threads/level-11-cpu-the-ai-that-beats-you-at-melee.428232/)? I just don't want to waste time getting familiar with a framework that's being abandoned.

I imagine I'm not the only developer who thinks it would be cool to write custom Melee AI, but is afraid of having to work in assembly and learn where everything is stored... Is there any concept of a generic module to integrate with the game engine and parse out all the game state data?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If I'm interested in messing around with Melee AI, am I best off forking your repo and going to work? Or does Achilles1515 Achilles1515 have a different framework I should be using? Not sure if he did all his stuff in assembly, but I'd much rather work in a high-level language. What about @AltF4 (http://smashboards.com/threads/level-11-cpu-the-ai-that-beats-you-at-melee.428232/)? I just don't want to waste time getting familiar with a framework that's being abandoned.

I imagine I'm not the only developer who thinks it would be cool to write custom Melee AI, but is afraid of having to work in assembly and learn where everything is stored... Is there any concept of a generic module to integrate with the game engine and parse out all the game state data?
Everything I've created for 20XX, including the AI, is pure assembly code. As you stated, it's not very friendly for people that want to jump in on a project because you have to have a really solid understanding of the PowerPC ASM instructions, how to safely use registers/the stack and how vanilla Melee functions use these, and how to traverse Melee's RAM and data structures. Anyone can do it with an ample amount of determination and patience, but it just takes experience and is tedious.

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
Lots of bugs from my first time trying this.
AI recover only with illusion, and will only recover at all around 40% of the time. Other times it just drops to its death.
Another bug whereby Fox and Falco will continually firefox into the center of the stage even when they're not offstage.
Falco could never ledgedash on to the stage. He would always airdodge too early and die.
AI never teched at all.
AI never DI'd at all.
This was running on my Wii through DIOS MIOS. The ISO was put through discEx. I don't know if this had something to do with it being so buggy, but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

I hope I'll be able to run this perfectly at some point though. It'd be the best way to practice by myself. If this was just 20XX 3.0 AI with recovery mixups it would actually be perfect.

Top Bottom