• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tourney in Butler, PA

The-Game

Smash Rookie
Congratulations to VaNz, Vudujin, and Abate. Hope everyone had a great time. Hope to see you all soon.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
This should probably be moved over to Atlantic North since TECHNICALLY PA is part of their region (Pittsburgh area is MW at heart though <3 ) .

Life

Smash Hero
Maybe I should be practicing Melee after all? IDK, short notice (I just saw this now) and I have plans.

Also, FUUUU I lost the game.

You should probably just use the regular counterpick system instead of bothering with randoms/FD tho.

The venue is just a house right?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Winning this! Bringing all of Pittsburgh. Like 15 of us at least,
Butler melee I'm sure will be there also. Lake Vudujin ect.

Also that rule set.. Is bad. Lol
The melee community already has a rule set that works perfectly.
Random might screw someone over. Also fd is not the most fair stage.. Lol

Get Low

Smash Ace
This does NOT look promising, lol. If this tournament made use of the standard Melee ruleset, I would then be interested.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
yoo game put this in the discription. your rules are kinda jank lol

starter stages: 1v1
Final Destination
yoshis story
fountain of dreams
battlefield
dreamland
counter picks: 1v1
pokemon stadium

first game, stage is selected by striking frome the five starter stages (1-2-1) so a mutual stage is aggreed opon.
game 2 &3 the winner bans one stage out of all six stages. loser selects a stage. winner picks a charcter then a the loser picks a character.

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
WOBBLING IS BANNED

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok, so WV really needs to go to a tournament soon, so we're looking at this one as our next possible target.

If this tournament shapes up a bit, then WV is a possibility for sure, with currently 3 people interested. I'll keep an eye on this.

Oh, and someone needs to bring a recording set up or something, imo.

Matt -eco-

Smash Rookie
The tournament is at my house. Were just a couple "good" players (imo) looking to play some new competition. It's our first tournament hosting, so whatever the majority of the melee community thinks are the best rules, we'll use. Feel free to add suggestions, and i'm sure 'the game' will be more than happy to compensate if the rules proposed are accepted in most tournament venues.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I looked up the house on Google Maps. It looks like it's a relatively decent size, and in a clean-cut neighborhood.

Life

Smash Hero
I officially can't make this (and I don't want to brag about the reason why), but I have a friend that's considering attending.

I think a couple more stages could be added, but I'm not very well-versed in Melee stages so I won't argue over it.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I officially can't make this (and I don't want to brag about the reason why), but I have a friend that's considering attending.

I think a couple more stages could be added, but I'm not very well-versed in Melee stages so I won't argue over it.
Unlike brawl, rules arent really a problem. There are 6 good stages and we all play on those. Most importantly, we are allowed to play any character we want. :yeahboi:

:phone:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Wat, let's get some attendance going. If WV attends, we're gonna clear this tourney out :(

FlipX

Smash Ace
Looks like Me, Vanz, Get Low, 4%, and X will be coming from ohio. Only thing WV is clearing out will be their wallets =P

Matt -eco-

Smash Rookie
How many people do you think you could host?

I'm not sure, was thinking 20 max probably. It's a first time thing so i wanted to get a little experience under the belt ( at least at the hosting part of it ) before we started moving onto bigger fields. I'll see if we can possibly rent out a church / firehall for the 12th, so there won't be any problem with massive fields. But for now i guess everyone whose all serious on going... post. (i'll let everyone know if we can get a bigger location for 40+people, in the next day or so).

Edit, for the house ... 25 people max probably, it's a "relatively decent sized house, in a clean cut neighborhood" (lol) but were still new to the whole hosting thing. So i'm not trying to go overboard with a massive field quite yet

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya idk if it would get to far over 25. 5 from Ohio, 10? from PA, and then WV, if i had to guess, has around 5 also.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Sounds about right.
Let's do that crew battle we were talking about last time. Except not Roy vs marth.. Let's dooooo
LINK VS YOUNG LINK!
Or Mario vs luigi
Or even bowser vs DK

Thoughts!?

:phone:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So is there going to be any recording by any chance? WV vs. Pittsburgh crew battle would be too legit... Plus i wanna get some recent vids of us up soon, perhaps with some MMs.

Anyway, I'm not sure if we can make it yet, but should know by Wednesday. I'll be back here then to let you guys know. Until then, i'll just continue trash talking as i see fit.

The-Game

Smash Rookie
We're going to have a maximum amount of people able to come. Since this is only a house, we can have a maximum of 24 people attending. Post your name (or nickname) and who your bringing if you want on the list. We would love for the world to come, but unfortunately we are short on room.

Get Low

Smash Ace
We're going to have a maximum amount of people able to come. Since this is only a house, we can have a maximum of 24 people attending. Post your name (or nickname) and who your bringing if you want on the list. We would love for the world to come, but unfortunately we are short on room.
Put "Get Low" as number 1. :)

Top Bottom