• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Syntax and Guide. Let's make super characters!

Smasher81

Smash Rookie
Can you please make a basic tutorial for SSBM hex editing? I'm knew to hex and have no idea where to start.

Smasher81

Smash Rookie
Can you please make a basic tutorial for SSBM hex editing? I'm knew to hex and have no idea where to start.

Itaru

MasterGanon
Sorry,I can't.

I only have my iPhone.
I don't have my PC.
I'm 浪人生. I'll take a examination for university next year again.
So,I buy a PC in April of the next year.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Itaru, do you know what the format
ACXXXXXX
represents? It seems to be right before hitbox data most of the time.
It seems pretty inconsequential. Those, D0 00 00 03 and 4C 00 00 00 (Bit Set/Clear in Master Hand) and 5C 00 00 00 (IASA in Master Hand). Deleted them from custom moves I've given characters, and never done anything to hinder them. The bare essentials I've noticed are the Asynchronous/Synchronous Timers, the hitbox data, sound and graphical effects, Start Smash Charge for Smash Attacks, and removing hitboxes.

Doq

Smash Lord

oksas

oak-sauce
I've started a google doc to keep track of all these different effects. I added a number of these on my own as well as compiled some of the descriptions achilles posted on the first page (and in the process of adding the ones Itaru noted). I tried to be thorough with my descriptions but I might go overboard sometimes so feel free to edit as necessary, as it should be editable by anyone. in general I'm not being very consistent with my descriptions so my apologies for that

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CjcBB8Bnfx1Lg8LVCJBFj9JDIXohiiWn88GOP10PxyY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon
I'm making now!
And, I'll make a new thread. But I have no sense for names and naming things. Do you have a plan for the thread title? (The thread will have MasterGanon VS EtherBowser (TAS) movie, tutorial, Common GFX list and etc...)

Top Bottom