• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee stages returning thread

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As you all already should know, there is already a bundle of stages in brawl...
But do you remember how Melee "revived" some of SSB stages?
Well...do you think that is going to happen in Brawl?

Personally, I hope to see the following stages return:
1. Hyrule Temple
2. Fountain of Dreams
3. Final Destination (kind of)

Discuss here.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
There's already a thread for this. You're supposed to use search first. Oh well. Final Destination and Fountain of Dreams are stages that are a dime a dozen. Hyrule Temple might actually be too big for Brawl. Hyrule Temple is one of my favorite stages but if you were trying to use a Final Smash you probably wouldn't be able to get them cornered.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
There's already a thread for this. You're supposed to use search first. Oh well. Final Destination and Fountain of Dreams are stages that are a dime a dozen. Hyrule Temple might actually be too big for Brawl. Hyrule Temple is one of my favorite stages but if you were trying to use a Final Smash you probably wouldn't be able to get them cornered.
Oh sorry. My bad...

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Final Destination would probably return as a variation of its former self... maybe even with a name change. But there's no denying the fact that Final Destination's layout (or lack thereof) is rather clutch for straight-up matches that minimalize on possible mishaps.

I don't see Hyrule Temple or Fountain of Dreams coming back as they are; maybe a variation? There's still a Zelda stage to be spoken for (the OoT medley has gotta go somewhere) and I'm sure Kirby will get a sweet generic stage again. Fountain of Dreams was my second favorite to play on next to FD (partially because Samus could tether recovery from any point below the stage)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
What melee stages do you want back?

Now that we know melee stages are back what other ones would you like to see return list top 3.

The temple was a favorite because it was a very large stage. But the other 3 I want back are....

1. The Star Fox level where you fight on the ship.(Coneria)
2. Kirby Dreamland(But that may lower the chances of a new Kirby game.)
3. I want Flat zone back but maybe it should be remade if Game&Watch returns. So maybe in #3 place it should be Fountain of dreams or Tree house from DK or even Mute City.

I was going to list Final Destination but I'm sure thats goin to come back anyway.

Tanea

Smash Ace
well the temples fine i want

1.temple(duh)
2.fountain of dreams
3.corneria,pokemon stadium or great bay

cant' wait yay!

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
My two favorites are already coming back (at least in some form)... Pokémon Stadium and Hyrule Castle. Although some others I'd like to see would be the Great Bay, SMB2 Level, and Fourside.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Melee stages...

Um...OOH!!!

ICICLE MOUNTAIN!!!!

It WILL return!!! and it will be funny!

I think Pokemon Stadium 1 is assured...

...seriously though, I'm hoping for a couple 64 stages

Saffron City FTW!!!

Also Hyrule Castle!!!

I didn't like Melee stages as much as 64...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Temple sucks....too big. It's the crappiest past stage since Yoshi's Story (SSB64). It should be three seperate stages, not one big one, and should not return, but NO says Sakurai! O well, this update makes me happy DESPITE THAT, because it confirms classic stages, and new music for them, too. COOLz! :)

Why didn't Sakurai show or have a AWSOME STATGE (instead of crap), like Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise (my favorite Melee original stage), Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Story, Onett, Pokémon Stadium (even if it is basically the same as Pokémon Stadium 2), etc.

Or even some awsome SSB64 stage like Dreamland 64 (my favorite smash stage ever!), Hyrule Castle (the real Hyrule), Congo Jungle, Saffron City, or Peach's Castle=??? Man, I hate Hyrule Temple and it's oversizeiness (yes, I made a new word, sue me)! XD

:laugh:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The Temple sucks....too big. It's the crappiest past stage since Yoshi's Story (SSB64). It should be three seperate stages, not one big one, and should not return, but NO says Sakurai! O well, this update makes me happy DESPITE THAT, because it confirms classic stages, and new music for them, too. COOLz! :)

Why didn't Sakurai show or have a AWSOME STATGE (instead of crap), like Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise (my favorite Melee original stage), Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Story, Onett, Pokémon Stadium (even if it is basically the same as Pokémon Stadium 2), etc.

Or even some awsome SSB64 stage like Dreamland 64 (my favorite smash stage ever!), Hyrule Castle (the real Hyrule), Congo Jungle, Saffron City, or Peach's Castle=??? Man, I hate Hyrule Temple and it's oversizeiness (yes, I made a new word, sue me)! XD

He only confirmed Melee stages not 64 stages.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Green Greens (I think its called that), the Kirby one with Whispy Woods and the two big columns of falling star blocks. Its my second favorite stage, after the Temple.

Corneria, which has made both smash games before this, so why not make the third? Also, my third favorite stage.

Final Destination, obviously.

Pokemon Stadium, I think it'd be cool to have Pokemon Stadium 2, and still be able to go back to the original Pokemon Stadium.

And either Onett or Fourside, they were both really cool, but I doubt both Mother stages would make it in.

I'd also like to see Hyrule Castle and Yoshi's Island from Smash Bros N64, both are really fun stages, and Hyrule castle is pretty unique in itself, by both the design/layout and the tornadoes and what not.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

The 64 one was called Castle...Ah!...THAT'S the Hyrule one I want to return!

Tanea

Smash Ace
?

so i know what this topis s about but whois that

the one in the lower apart of the stage i jts can't tell bad eye sight

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I want none of them back... muhahahahaha.

I was hoping that they'd take that stupid platform out at the bottom of Hyrule, lolzah. But they didn't. We'll probably see a DK stage come back, one of Kirby's and I suspect one of the Mushroom Kingdoms.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
so i know what this topis s about but whois that
the one in the lower apart of the stage i jts can't tell bad eye sight
Is Ike. I actually didn't notice that the first time I saw the picture. I was too busy staring at DDD and Bowser.

Stages I'd like to see are

Pokemon Stadium 1
The Kirby 64 stage (can't remember name)
The DK 64 Stage (Can't remember name)
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom 2

I'd also like to see Saffron City and Hyrule Castle return

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Fountain of Dreams
Hyrule Castle (with updated graphics)
Dream Land (updated graphics are not required; just remove Dedede in the background)
Mute City
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1

AIM0001

Smash Lord
We’ve tried to create an exact replica, but there may be a few areas that differ from the last game. I hope you understand.

This is kinda related but what did Sakurai mean when he said this. Did he mean he added like Brawl like elements to this stage like Smashing though things like the Pit stage or Snake stage or what? Anyone kniw what he meant by thing.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Great Bay, Flat Zone and Brinstar Depths.

Considering we've got Hyrule Temple, though, I don't think Great Bay stands a very good chance...

To be honest, though, I would hope they brought back all of them! And all the stages from SSB64 as well!

We’ve tried to create an exact replica, but there may be a few areas that differ from the last game. I hope you understand.

This is kinda related but what did Sakurai mean when he said this. Did he mean he added like Brawl like elements to this stage like Smashing though things like the Pit stage or Snake stage or what? Anyone kniw what he meant by thing.
This means that they TRIED to make an exact replica. It will be almost identicle, but some parts of the level may have caused glitches with the new engine, and needed to be altered.

wiinner128

Smash Rookie
flat zone oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

streetballa2

Smash Rookie
i checkd n the hyrule stages are only slightly dffrnt, the bottom right area is bigger in brawl

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Great Bay, Flat Zone and Brinstar Depths.

Considering we've got Hyrule Temple, though, I don't think Great Bay stands a very good chance...

To be honest, though, I would hope they brought back all of them! And all the stages from SSB64 as well!

This means that they TRIED to make an exact replica. It will be almost identicle, but some parts of the level may have caused glitches with the new engine, and needed to be altered.
O ok that makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Is Ike. I actually didn't notice that the first time I saw the picture. I was too busy staring at DDD and Bowser.

Stages I'd like to see are

Pokemon Stadium 1
The Kirby 64 stage Dream Land
The DK 64 Stage Kongo Jungle (I believe)
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom 2

I'd also like to see Saffron City and Hyrule Castle return
Just wanted to help you out. (Corrections in bold).

Personally I would like to see
Hyrule Castle
Dream Land Return from SSB.

And

Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Fourside

Yup those stages. :)

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I've just noticed, the central raised platform is MUCH higher. The second highest point on the level, after the tower on the right. This is probably because Bowser is so much bigger, and he was poking through the floor.

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
As you all already should know, there is already a bundle of stages in brawl...
But do you remember how Melee "revived" some of SSB stages?
Well...do you think that is going to happen in Brawl?

Personally, I hope to see the following stages return:
1. Hyrule Temple
2. Fountain of Dreams
3. Final Destination (kind of)

Discuss here.

God, I hope Fountain of Dreams and Peach's castle returns. I'm sure Final Destination will come back, or we'll have something similar. Where would we fight Master Hand?

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Its been confirmed, but why did it only show Hyrule castle? especially when New Pork City is here now. They better bring back fourside :D

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Saffron city
Hyrule castle
cornaria
mario stage thingy
from 64 need to return

Hyrule castle (confirmed)
Peachs castle
Onett
FOD
Final Destination