• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee stages returning thread

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I want a LOT of stages to return from Melee, such as:

Princess Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle
Great Bay
Yoshi's Island
Fountain of Dreams
Corneria
Brinstar Depths
Onett
Mute City
Big Blue
Poke Floats
Musroom Kingdom II
Flat Zone

And all of the N64 stages.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
The Temple sucks....too big. It's the crappiest past stage since Yoshi's Story (SSB64). It should be three seperate stages, not one big one, and should not return, but NO says Sakurai! O well, this update makes me happy DESPITE THAT, because it confirms classic stages, and new music for them, too. COOLz! :)

Why didn't Sakurai show or have a AWSOME STATGE (instead of crap), like Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise (my favorite Melee original stage), Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Story, Onett, Pokémon Stadium (even if it is basically the same as Pokémon Stadium 2), etc.

Or even some awsome SSB64 stage like Dreamland 64 (my favorite smash stage ever!), Hyrule Castle (the real Hyrule), Congo Jungle, Saffron City, or Peach's Castle=??? Man, I hate Hyrule Temple and it's oversizeiness (yes, I made a new word, sue me)! XD

:laugh:
Rainbow Cruise, Onett, Yoshi's Story are all garbage. Temple is nowhere near as crappy as those stages.

I'm pretty happy they brought the Temple stage back. It has such an epic feel to it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
let's see I want:

Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City (64)
Mushroom Kingdom (64)

Also
either sector Z (64) or corneria (melee)

and a stage similar to FD (melee)

Kruton

Smash Ace
Brinstar:

It's a pretty good semi-neutral stage. I like it because the stage destruction was unique at the time (now there's Skyworld haha), and I like the platform positioning. Plus it seems appropriate, because both Brinstar and Norfair are in the planet Zebes.

Corneria:

Another good semi-neutral stage, the slightly flat top is a nice, wide place to fight on, and it's almost always fun to fight under the wing. Plus it was basically in SSB even, even though much larger and under the name Sector Z. It's always funny for someone when a character gets blasted away in the front too. :)
Dream Land:

Probably my favorite neutral stage, aside from Final D. I like how it's a larger than average stage with basic platform placement. Plus, it's been in the last two, so why not add it?. It's not like it's a graphically intensive, epic stage, it's Whispy Woods being slightly annoying. One thing they would have to change though is Dedede in the background haha. :D

Fountain of Dreams:

I like this stage a lot too. The moving left and right platforms can give matches something unexpected (like Ganon Dairing on the platform, hitting the guy under it haha) This stage would be the perfect stage to come back for Brawl. The stage would definitely play a lot smoother than it did in Melee (especially w/3 + people), as the Wii will be able to handle pretty much anything Sakurai and his team dishes out. Plus, they could definitely improve he reflection graphics for the water on the stage, because we all know that it was deplorable in Melee. Plus, the bg music for the stage kicks ***, and I would love to hear it, original or buffed, in Brawl. Plus Kirby vs Dedede/Metaknight @ FoD = epic

Mushroom Kingdom I and II:

The only reason I want these stages back is because I think there needs to be a Mushroom Kingdom III in Brawl that is based off the first level of Super Mario 3. I wouldn't mind them re-doing the Mushroom Kingdom levels though. like they did for Mushroom Kingdom from SSB to SSBM.

Pokemon Stadium:

I like it because it's the most random 'neutral' stage in Melee. Plus, since I will bet Pokemon Stadium 2 will be banned competitively when Brawl comes out, it would be nice being able to competitively fight on a Pokemon Stadium stage.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Brinstar:

It's a pretty good semi-neutral stage. I like it because the stage destruction was unique at the time (now there's Skyworld haha), and I like the platform positioning. Plus it seems appropriate, because both Brinstar and Norfair are in the planet Zebes.
I think you're thinking of something else. Wasn't brinstar the one that rotated from the dragon in the background attacking it? I enjoyed that one. If they implemented some stage destruction like the map you're talking about (and I know which one you're thinking of), then it would be the absolute greatest stage ever.

Also on a side note, I don't like fountain of dreams. There was too much colour in it, sometimes I couldn;t even see where I was. If they could somehow fix that then i wouldn;t mind it being back.

Weed

Smash Lord
I want Corneria, FoD, Kirby 64, Yoshi's story, Final destination if they improve the background and music, and make it into something other than purple ._< and Jungle Japes

Kruton

Smash Ace
I think you're thinking of something else. Wasn't brinstar the one that rotated from the dragon in the background attacking it? I enjoyed that one. If they implemented some stage destruction like the map you're talking about (and I know which one you're thinking of), then it would be the absolute greatest stage ever.

Also on a side note, I don't like fountain of dreams. There was too much colour in it, sometimes I couldn;t even see where I was. If they could somehow fix that then i wouldn;t mind it being back.

No, Brinstar is a starter stage in Melee with three platforms, basic platform setup, except the left and right platforms are off the stage a little more, and are connected by this living organism that you can destroy by attacking it. Also, there is the lava.

The one you're thinking of is Brinstar Depths, with Kraid in the background turning the stage. It has no ledges and it sucks. Brinstar is sweet though, and I would love for it to return in Brawl.

Kruton

Smash Ace
If they bring back Final Destination, which there is no doubt in my mind that they will, I think that they will give it a complete makeover like they did with Battlefield.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
oh.. Ok I liked brinstar because of the attacking the stage concept, but I hated the lava. If they mixed brinstar and brinstar depths that'd be awesome :) (I already said it like two posts above lol)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I would personally like to see...

Fountain of Dreams
Rainbow Ride (I think thats its name)
Poke Floats
Pokemon Stadium

from SSB64:
Dreamland
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Peach's Castle

Supiddo

Smash Apprentice
I do. that level was funny. I would annoy my brother by constantly abusing it's use. lol I would like to see FD and Corneria from Melee to return. I think they should bring back more classic stages from SSB like Saffron City or The old star fox level.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Fountain of Dreams
Hyrule Castle (with updated graphics)
Dream Land (updated graphics are not required; just remove Dedede in the background)
Mute City
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Man, I think you're the only intelligent person that's posted on this thread so far, including the guy who started the thread. I didn't get past your post though since it was the first intelligent one, so don't hold me to that.
But yeah, perfect list of stages to return.
Add Corneria and Saffron to those and I'm a happy boy. Mute actually doesn't need to come back since Delphino plays similarly, but I'm happy if it comes back.
Pokemon Stadium Melee? Definitely, this new one is really iffy.

"Do you guys really not like the mushroom kingdom that had the pipes in ssb64 "

oooh and that would be nice too.

Top Bottom