• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juken

Smash Ace
I miss this pack so much. Need my Melee Pikachu an whiff sounds that don't sound like swinging fans.

Juken

Smash Ace
When I replaced my 7.sawnd file, my electric moves sound a little off, so anything involving Falcon's knee, Fox/Falco shine, Pikachu, etc has the same lingering static sound.
That's because nothing in the pack is updated to 3.6b, so many things are not working. Mario works for the most part but has a few off cues. It's still much better than Brawl Mario.

Juken

Smash Ace
I really don't play PM anymore since this pack isn't working for 3.6b...
I wish PMDT would just make the Melee sounds part of the official build or an alternate version that they kept updated, but just improve upon it by doing stuff like adding sound to Luigi's spin, keeping his Brawl voice, etc. I think they've already got some of Samus' Melee sounds in, and PM officially coding in the Melee alt costume sfx and death screams would be incredible...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
When I replaced my 7.sawnd file, my electric moves sound a little off, so anything involving Falcon's knee, Fox/Falco shine, Pikachu, etc has the same lingering static sound.
That's because nothing in the pack is updated to 3.6b, so many things are not working. Mario works for the most part but has a few off cues. It's still much better than Brawl Mario.
I actually already fixed this a while ago but never updated it. Here, have it now guys!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plck984xbgs6bw2/7.sawnd?dl=0

I really don't play PM anymore since this pack isn't working for 3.6b...
Awwww... That's both flattering and disappointing at the same time lol.

I wish PMDT would just make the Melee sounds part of the official build or an alternate version that they kept updated, but just improve upon it by doing stuff like adding sound to Luigi's spin, keeping his Brawl voice, etc. I think they've already got some of Samus' Melee sounds in, and PM officially coding in the Melee alt costume sfx and death screams would be incredible...
I also wish this things

STORY TIME!

So... Firstly, I promise I've been working on things... Not nearly as fast as I should. Life stuff has really been hitting me lately and a few weeks ago the wurst thing ever happened. MY HDD GOT WIPED! I was so pissed... I lost a lotta progress on trying to fix Mewtwo... which is a really big issue right now, harder than it was to update Marth/Roy stuff. (Oh yeah those two were done too... Except NOW THEY'RE NOT!)

But I have motivation to do things again now so I'll start on stuff and if you have any requests or things that I should fix that you probably already did request (I remember there was a Mario thing that I need to fix) post away and remind me. I'll make a list and once I reacquire all the programs I need that got rekt with my hard drive... I'll start workin away.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Holy **** there are so many more replies to be.... replied.

Is there any way you could just describe how I would go about it myself? Or is it just way too complex?
To answer this after waaaay too long (Sorry!), the actual replacing of the sounds is the easy part but still complicated because of SuperSawndz' limited capabillities, and editing the .pac file is waay even more ridiculous cause there are so many changes you have to make to not only the taunt, but to a bunch of other subactions as well so that it won't have any glitches/issues in certain circumstances.

I have a suggestion for Peach's side taunt. Because someone suggested to use a voice clip from another Mario game, I think you should use "I am the Princess" from Mario Party 8. It fits the taunt's animation perfectly and it makes perfect sense because that was her taunt in Mario Party 8. The only problem is that it is Samantha Kelly and not Jen Taylor who voices Peach in Melee, but that clip in particular sounded similar to Jen Taylpr. Plus that taunt is fun to spam in Mario Party. Just a suggetion.
Uuuuuuuuh which one is Peach's side-taunt again? Is it the "la la la la la la" taunt? Also find me a preview of the voice clip and I'll see.

so, Amazerommu, have seen this before? it's interesting, Fox and Falco char-specific voice clips, Sheik's "Moratta". could they be used for the next version? o:
You haven't had a Fox victory against Falco have you? That clip is already in his .pac file heheh. Falco, interestingly enough, doesn't have a Fox-specific win quote in Melee... So I just gave him a random win quote for his. I also have all of these clips except for the Mewtwo JP victory ones... which I stole from that very page... DAAAAMMIT! I DON'T HAVE ANY MELEE SFX ANYMORE... I have to redo a lot of stuff... feck! lol But yeah I definitely knew about this page. And I thought about adding the "Moratta" clip to one of Sheik's taunts... but it... idk it just didn't really seem to fit. I thought about the taunt with her chain but... decided against it in the past.

Amazerommu, do you host previous versions of this mod somewhere? Specifically, I'm looking for the version for Project M 3.02 (don't ask me why I'm not using the newest version).
I believe the oldest I have is 3.5.. Sooowwyyyyy... I'd've had more if not for that thing I mentioned in my above ^ post... (and in this below reply)

Edit: Yeah now actually thinking about it... before the HDD death... I think I had mods back to 2.6b...

3.6b update ????
I'm starting on it again. HDD wipe + Life events = no motivation... But I've activated Vergil Devil Trigger now sooo... stuff's happenin!

Out of curiosity, would it be difficult to do a version of these mods where the Brawl/PM hit effects are used, but the Melee voices are preserved? That's my ideal, but having the voices back in some form is better than Brawl voices for sure.
Things like this already exist I'm pretty sure.

Amazerommu, can you add a audio clip of Fox yelling out "Ike!" for Fox's final smash? This sound came from SSB64 and Fox's VA are the same in 64 and Melee. Take a listen.
the only downside is the quality of the clip :p
If it is as Obskore says with the not good quality... proooobably not...

Is there anyway you could do a Pikachu/pichu sfx thingy? I found a mod http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207094 that allows you to play as Pikachu and Pichu. Only downside is that it plays Pika sfx. I get it probably isn't your top priority, and I'd do it myself, but I don't know how...
It is as you say... Not a top priority but definitely doable. And I have of course thought about it in the past. It'd probably be one of the last things I do.

Still waiting for that tutorial...
Maybe when I finish this update... Maybe... I still have a lot of other things going on and this tutorial would take all the timez. I haven't forgotten about it tho! Pwomish!

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
have you redownloaded everything you can from what you've uploaded so far?
also, how did the HDD get wiped? :c
Ya I'm in the process of redownloading everything right meow.
And my HDD got corrupted like outta nowhere... It sucked I couldn't do anything about it... I tried all the everything to save it... but to no avail...

I hope that link that one person gave me for Rondoudou sfx is still working. (Yes I still plan to do the French Jigglypuff lol)

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Ya I'm in the process of redownloading everything right meow.
And my HDD got corrupted like outta nowhere... It sucked I couldn't do anything about it... I tried all the everything to save it... but to no avail...

I hope that link that one person gave me for Rondoudou sfx is still working. (Yes I still plan to do the French Jigglypuff lol)
yeah, gotta cover the future PAL release of PM tho.
on the other side, better keep backups progressively... one might not always know

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
yeah, gotta cover the future PAL release of PM tho.
on the other side, better keep backups progressively... one might not always know
Yeeeeaaaah I learned that lesson... Any progress ever now is gonna be backed up on dropbox immediateleh.
Edit: Also it's a fairly new HDD so I had no idea lol...
AND FRENCH JIGGZ IS GOOD!

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
The "Mario thing" you were thinking about is him (edit: NOT) shouting "Here we go!" when he does his little spin-uppercut victory pose. He currently just does a little shout with his Brawl voice.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is there a FitMario.pac file that's supposed to go with this or does the default 3.6 one work okay?
No that file is just the updated general sfx. No actual characters are done yet.

The "Mario thing" you were thinking about is him now shouting "Here we go!" when he does his little spin-uppercut victory pose.
Noted in the notepaaaad!

Juken

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or does the 3.6 release have some more Melee sounds in it?

Edit: I think it's because I transferred the little fix for the pack that was done to the newer 3.6.

Last edited:

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
Does the 3.6b Melee SFX that was released the other day still work with the 3.6 full version?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or does the 3.6 release have some more Melee sounds in it?

Edit: I think it's because I transferred the little fix for the pack that was done to the newer 3.6.
^ I think that's why too lol

Does the 3.6b Melee SFX that was released the other day still work with the 3.6 full version?
I believe so. According to their changelog they didn't add any extra sounds for 3.6, so it should be good.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
^ I think that's why too lol

I believe so. According to their changelog they didn't add any extra sounds for 3.6, so it should be good.
It's nice to see you're still alive! do you need those Wario voices again since your HD apparently exploded lol?

Oh snap, the 3.6 sounds are done! Better snag em....

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's nice to see you're still alive! do you need those Wario voices again since your HD apparently exploded lol?

Oh snap, the 3.6 sounds are done! Better snag em....
Wait, there's an update for 3.6? I didn't see any links here recently and things in the OP aren't for 3.6...
Only the general sfx are done and I haven't updated the main page. That probably won't be done until... all the things are done.

Here have a look-see:
I actually already fixed this a while ago but never updated it. Here, have it now guys!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plck984xbgs6bw2/7.sawnd?dl=0

And yes, I definitely do need Wario again! Send me plox!

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
So, if I were to use the stuff in the OP like Piukachu or Melee Zelda, those wouldn't work properly still either? I know the alt costume SFX definitely don't work right.

Also, with the general sounds, I noticed that Ganondorf's stomp doesn't have any noise.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So, if I were to use the stuff in the OP like Piukachu or Melee Zelda, those wouldn't work properly still either? I know the alt costume SFX definitely don't work right.

Also, with the general sounds, I noticed that Ganondorf's stomp doesn't have any noise.
You could use the old stuff. You'd just have to also replace the FitMotion.pac files for each character with the ones from 3.5 as well until I get everything updated.

You'll probz just have to deal with the Ganondorf stomp until everything's updated. I'll check it out when i get to him heheh

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I do believe the hardest bit of this update is done... which was getting the high quality Mewtwo sounds into Lucario's .sawnd file. That was one of the more difficult things about this update. And somehow it was a lot easier than I thought it'd be.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I do believe the hardest bit of this update is done... which was getting the high quality Mewtwo sounds into Lucario's .sawnd file. That was one of the more difficult things about this update. And somehow it was a lot easier than I thought it'd be.
How did you do that? I'm looking for a way to add Mewtwo and Roy's Wii U SFX without touching Lucario/Marth sawnd files.

Obskore

Smash Ace
How did you do that? I'm looking for a way to add Mewtwo and Roy's Wii U SFX without touching Lucario/Marth sawnd files.
with the new release of Marth's Melee sounds, i believe there will be a few sounds that will go unused or filled with blank sound to save space, and thus maybe we could now fit those sounds

Jugo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1693-2230-7311
So I tried this on 3.6 (fox and falco alt) and everything works fine except the shine. When I hit an opponent with my shine the sound it makes is similar to zelda's up smash when it connects lol. Is there anyway to fix this?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Bruh I just got skillz... I'm also now convinced that I could fit an extra full voice pack in every characters .sawnd file... Imagine the character possibilities!? (with fixed KO sounds) But really... you just gotta pay really close attention to the amount of space that you take up... See below

with the new release of Marth's Melee sounds, i believe there will be a few sounds that will go unused or filled with blank sound to save space, and thus maybe we could now fit those sounds
In the case of Marth, who I actually thought was gonna be toughest... cause he had like the largest .sawnd file with Melee SFX, I actually didn't have to remove anything from him that wasn't already removed initially. I did have to lower the quality of his win quotes though... basically meaning they're back to Brawl quality. Slightly less crisp/clear... I had to do this for Roy as well. And I was actually able to add a few more sounds that Roy was missing... (fixing that issue with his second Double Edge Dance up hit)
For Mewtwo, I didn't have to touch Lucario's sounds at all. I did some clever things that reuse one sound in two slots for slots that had the same sound effect - not sure why that existed anyway - and then I just went to town adding his sounds in. Oh his Final Smash sounds are higher quality than PM's Lucario now too. They lowered it quite a bit for the Mewtwo sounds to fit. I still have some testing and fine tuning to do for these guys tho. Wanna make sure Mewtwo his air dodge and jump sounds are appropriate.

So I tried this on 3.6 (fox and falco alt) and everything works fine except the shine. When I hit an opponent with my shine the sound it makes is similar to zelda's up smash when it connects lol. Is there anyway to fix this?
A few posts up there should be a link to the newest 7.sawnd file. This fixes the issue where all electric hits just keep playing electric sounds lol.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
mootoo, luke-erio, mars, and roi stuff
By chance would it be possible for you to give Mewtwo's Final Smash unique, Melee-ish sounds(he currently shares Lucario's ones, and has his shadow ball sounds play on top of Lucario's SFX)?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
By chance would it be possible for you to give Mewtwo's Final Smash unique, Melee-ish sounds(he currently shares Lucario's ones, and has his shadow ball sounds play on top of Lucario's SFX)?
I could try making it sound like it did before 3.6 changes. I'm pressed for space as of now so no unqiue sounds really.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I could try making it sound like it did before 3.6 changes. I'm pressed for space as of now so no unqiue sounds really.
I looked up a video of the 3.0 version of of the final smash. I wonder how good it would sound if you had those sounds and the shadow ball sfx from the new one. (Essentially replace the lucario sfx calls with the pm 3.0 ones..)

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I looked up a video of the 3.0 version of of the final smash. I wonder how good it would sound if you had those sounds and the shadow ball sfx from the new one. (Essentially replace the lucario sfx calls with the pm 3.0 ones..)
Well, you might have watched a not-accurate representation of it. Most of the sounds used in the old Mewtwo Final Smash are replaced with Melee SFX. It sounded RIDICULOUS too. Like constant explosions-ish. I specifically remember my friends jaw dropping when he heard it lol. <-- True story.

I'll add that to my list and see what works.

Edit: Actually I forgot I'm a genius... and could probably actually add sounds specific for his Final Smash (would most likely require 7.sawnd be used)... The question is... what sound effects would I use...? @ Obskore Obskore ! That's your cue! lol

Edit2EditEditEdit: Actually... there's a voice clip in Lucario's .sawnd file that's not used... PMBR got rid of it to provide adequate room for Mewtwo... I could also remove this clip... but don't wanna touch it unless I absolutely have to.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Well, you might have watched a not-accurate representation of it. Most of the sounds used in the old Mewtwo Final Smash are replaced with Melee SFX. It sounded RIDICULOUS too. Like constant explosions-ish. I specifically remember my friends jaw dropping when he heard it lol. <-- True story.

I'll add that to my list and see what works.

Edit: Actually I forgot I'm a genius... and could probably actually add sounds specific for his Final Smash (would most likely require 7.sawnd be used)... The question is... what sound effects would I use...? @ Obskore Obskore ! That's your cue! lol

Edit2EditEditEdit: Actually... there's a voice clip in Lucario's .sawnd file that's not used... PMBR got rid of it to provide adequate room for Mewtwo... I could also remove this clip... but don't wanna touch it unless I absolutely have to.
IIRC, there are 2 aura sounds that go unused in pm 3.6 Lucario. One's right below the other.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
well, the startup for Mewtwo's Final Smash is fine as it is right now (that evil laughter voice clip), but as for when he unleashes the beam thing, you should add to randomly play the "HRRRRRRAAAGH" clip or the taunt laughter.
as for the "instrumental" (non-voice lol), not really sure, use the same clip as Samus's Final Smash? but make it play electric sounds on-hit

LinkDaBoss

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkDaBoss
3DS FC
2466-2931-6107
So just let me get this straight... aside from general sounds, individual characters aren't working right now, correct? The 2 I care for the most are Luigi & Captain Falcon (Mewtwo's ball sounds cool in 3.6). So if I was to put in their sawnd files what would happen? And their PACs... if I put in the ones from here, it would revert them to their 3.5 selves? Sorry if this has all been made clear already, I just want to be sure.

Obskore

Smash Ace
yes, those moveset files are out of date, and will interfere with the "tournament friendly" standard
and with the .sawnd files alone, i'm not sure of what could happen, but those don't affect gameplay regardless of how ugly or misaligned they may sound :p

DeployableMuffin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DaRaginAsian
3DS FC
4725-9074-1531
seems like the alt link is the only alt pack that doesnt work properly (for me at least) all of the other alt packs work fine

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Hey, I dunno if this is still being worked on: but would a Melee Kirby SFX pack be possible? I liked his 'inhale' sound in that better TBH.

Also, Any plans for a "better" Luigi at all? Not saying you need to considering I found one with his Double Dash and M&L voice clips that blend well together, really. But it would be nice. ((I never liked the High-Pitched Mario voice they used... it just feels lazy.))

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
IIRC, there are 2 aura sounds that go unused in pm 3.6 Lucario. One's right below the other.
I shall check this thing. Wait, do you mean for his Aura Sphere?

well, the startup for Mewtwo's Final Smash is fine as it is right now (that evil laughter voice clip), but as for when he unleashes the beam thing, you should add to randomly play the "HRRRRRRAAAGH" clip or the taunt laughter.
as for the "instrumental" (non-voice lol), not really sure, use the same clip as Samus's Final Smash? but make it play electric sounds on-hit
Does it not play his taunt laugh on startup? OH OR WHAT ABOUT... his victory laugh? I think that one would be good. I wonder... if Samus' charge shot could be altered enough to sound unique. I'd try to make it sound... deeper? And if it's not too big it would fit right into Lucario's .sawnd if I get rid of that unused voice clip I mentioned. Ideas are good indeed.

So just let me get this straight... aside from general sounds, individual characters aren't working right now, correct? The 2 I care for the most are Luigi & Captain Falcon (Mewtwo's ball sounds cool in 3.6). So if I was to put in their sawnd files what would happen? And their PACs... if I put in the ones from here, it would revert them to their 3.5 selves? Sorry if this has all been made clear already, I just want to be sure.
yes, those moveset files are out of date, and will interfere with the "tournament friendly" standard
and with the .sawnd files alone, i'm not sure of what could happen, but those don't affect gameplay regardless of how ugly or misaligned they may sound :p
^ Wat he had said.

seems like the alt link is the only alt pack that doesnt work properly (for me at least) all of the other alt packs work fine
His... everything is heavily changed in the .pac file compared to the others, so that makes sense.

Hey, I dunno if this is still being worked on: but would a Melee Kirby SFX pack be possible? I liked his 'inhale' sound in that better TBH.

Also, Any plans for a "better" Luigi at all? Not saying you need to considering I found one with his Double Dash and M&L voice clips that blend well together, really. But it would be nice. ((I never liked the High-Pitched Mario voice they used... it just feels lazy.))
This is why I use the "Brelee" Luigi. If you haven't downloaded any of the individual mods, there are extra versions of Bowser and Luigi that give them their Brawl voices with Melee SFX... That might tickle your fancy.

And yes. Kirby is gonna be a thing. I absolutely hate... well, I don't hate his Brawl voice... but there are some voice ciips that make me cringe...

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Neato, I'll post the Luigi sounds I found BTW if you do wanna have a look at em ((They sorta fit the 'era' of Melee more, personally if you know what I mean.)) I am curious if Master/Crazy Hand would be possible. An announcer pack I have actually came with voice packs for them already of course.

Obskore

Smash Ace
i personally like his 64 voice more, he has some aggressive clips that i like, but they lack in the later games. i also hate that he doesn't have an angry frown in Melee and Brawl
so, when the pack comes out, i'll just slap in some of the 64 or smash 4 clips, i don't like the Melee Kirby UpB voice clips lol

Top Bottom