• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
So... now I have several new questions:

• What about the numbered pac/pcs files that people often replace for different costumes? Do those also contain moveset data? Or can they be replaced without screwing up the SFX mod?

• Are there portions of the overall SFX mod that would still work properly with 3.61? If the answer is 'yes', then knowing which characters would 'break' with the mod's 3.5 version would at least let me pass the time until a full release happens.

• Does the current mod release allow one to replace character voices without affecting the rest of their sound effect data, or vice versa? Like, having Mario's Melee voice without affecting his attack sounds, or having Bowser's Melee sounds without affecting his current voice in PM: Is this possible?
when it comes to costumes it depends on what is required of each character. the sfx wouldnt be screwed up, but like if you replace mario's costumes you might make his cape look weird because his cape data is in each costume file. Same with yoshi's eggs.
I wouldnt know how many portions would work, thats up to Amazerommu when he changes things. I tried using the Ganondorf Alt sfx where he had Melee Ganon and Brawl ganon sound effects and was costume slot selective, but since i didnt have the moveset mod the sfx would appear at the wrong times, like i got him yelling whenever he dodged.
I believe attack sounds were changed along with the voice sfx. I know luigi specifically and zelda too i think had sound effects chagned. It is possible to do those things though. Amazerommu had a "Brawlee" bowser that kept his voice the same as brawl but gave him his awesome melee sound effects

Taltharius

Smash Cadet
when it comes to costumes it depends on what is required of each character. the sfx wouldnt be screwed up, but like if you replace mario's costumes you might make his cape look weird because his cape data is in each costume file. Same with yoshi's eggs.
I wouldnt know how many portions would work, thats up to Amazerommu when he changes things. I tried using the Ganondorf Alt sfx where he had Melee Ganon and Brawl ganon sound effects and was costume slot selective, but since i didnt have the moveset mod the sfx would appear at the wrong times, like i got him yelling whenever he dodged.
I believe attack sounds were changed along with the voice sfx. I know luigi specifically and zelda too i think had sound effects chagned. It is possible to do those things though. Amazerommu had a "Brawlee" bowser that kept his voice the same as brawl but gave him his awesome melee sound effects

I see. I only asked because I usually add different costumes for Samus: More specifically, I found textures that reflect her suit design in the Metroid Prime games.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking it more has to do with the CSE code and something else using same memory addresses or being overwritten or something...? Cause the CSS/Result Song Cycle codes are not working either. Then again, I don't even know if those two work with CSE.
I've tried using the CSS Song Cycle code with CSE before and ended up with silence on that menu. I'm going to assume that CSE doesn't work with that. Should still work with non CSE music though I would think.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I see. I only asked because I usually add different costumes for Samus: More specifically, I found textures that reflect her suit design in the Metroid Prime games.
If you just add costumes for samus then i think you should be fine, i haven't had any problems just adding random costumes to her. For every other character I wouldn't worry too much. Even if Mario and Yoshi dont have their texture data for the cape and eggs they will still work in game, just have weird glitchy looking capes and eggs. Other than that though i can't really think of any character that specifically needs anything in their costumes.

Taltharius

Smash Cadet
If you just add costumes for samus then i think you should be fine, i haven't had any problems just adding random costumes to her. For every other character I wouldn't worry too much. Even if Mario and Yoshi dont have their texture data for the cape and eggs they will still work in game, just have weird glitchy looking capes and eggs. Other than that though i can't really think of any character that specifically needs anything in their costumes.
That's good to know.

On a side note, I wonder if the 3.6 SFX update could be released in 'parts'. Like, individual characters could be released as they're completed (or several characters at once), until all characters are eventually released.

Obskore

Smash Ace
That's good to know.

On a side note, I wonder if the 3.6 SFX update could be released in 'parts'. Like, individual characters could be released as they're completed (or several characters at once), until all characters are eventually released.
gradual releases would be weird for the character's that have no SFX modifications in their moveset files, for example the sword swings. if Link or Marth were released (along the mandatory 7.sawnd file for the universal sounds) some characters that use the Brawl sword swings during unusual animations (which would be replaced with the Melee ones) such as Mewtwo's spot dodge and rolls i think, would look weird

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
gradual releases would be weird for the character's that have no SFX modifications in their moveset files, for example the sword swings. if Link or Marth were released (along the mandatory 7.sawnd file for the universal sounds) some characters that use the Brawl sword swings during unusual animations (which would be replaced with the Melee ones) such as Mewtwo's spot dodge and rolls i think, would look weird
Actually I'm pretty sure my latest general sfx update fixes this. In the .brsar file, one of the sword sounds was used twice, once for the actual sword swing, and again in some weird place that PMBR just happened to decide to use for dodging on so many characters... It annoyed me until I figured out I could just change that specific slot to an empty one... which should be the case for the current 7.sawnd file. So at least the dodges/techs aren't a problem, but... some chars do have weird sounds play during certain attacks n whatnot. So if everyone's okay with that, I'd be okay with doing character-by-character.

I've tried using the CSS Song Cycle code with CSE before and ended up with silence on that menu. I'm going to assume that CSE doesn't work with that. Should still work with non CSE music though I would think.
That's a bummer. I guess it's time to see if @PyotrLuzhin can make the CSS Song Cycle and Results Song Cycle codes work with CSE then too? Althooough. Pyotr said he's working on a sound code that's gonna make people flip sh*t. Or at least that's how I took it. Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopefully it's some ridiculous... ridiculousness that makes these Song Cycle codes obsolete lol. (I wonder if I was supposed to say anything about this...)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Amazerommu Amazerommu Wait, so you're still gonna do this for 3.6, yeah? It'd be sick to have the Alt voices like you did for the older versions (I think it was 3.5 at least).

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu Amazerommu Wait, so you're still gonna do this for 3.6, yeah? It'd be sick to have the Alt voices like you did for the older versions (I think it was 3.5 at least).
Duuuuuuuuhhh! And the alt voices are coming back too of course. Aaaaand! Pyotr said he gon look in to makin it a complete thing, with alt KO/Star KO/Crowd soundz (crowd sounds for a few specific characters I'm gonna do once all this other stuff is done-ish. You'll like these things.... continued belooooow v this thing.)
I just want Mario for now, personally. Then I can utilize the critical annoyance of his back throw yelling, just like Melee days. Heheheh...
( ^ one of those things above this thing might even have to do with Mario huehuehueh)

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
It's been a bit of a while since I've used the Melee SFX with PM, largely because of an issue I've had rather than not wanting to use it. I tried to self-edit a Mario sound or two (i.e. replace the ones that were leftover from Brawl/PM vanilla or change "yeehaw" to "yahoo"), but when I played the game, the sounds for Mario went all haywire (missing sounds, sounds in the wrong places). I also mistakenly put the 3.5 PSAs in, so I couldn't use my "original" Melee SFX build as it had the wrong character stats. I had also tried reinstalling the default Melee SFX package (full version), but strangely the problem still persisted, even though the files went over a vanilla copy of PM. Would anyone here know how to fix this problem?

Obskore

Smash Ace
the mod in not compatible with 3.6
but what PSAs did you use with it? you have to use the PSAs included in this mod along the .sawnd files, if you use vanilla PM PSA files it will sound all wrong and glitchy

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's been a bit of a while since I've used the Melee SFX with PM, largely because of an issue I've had rather than not wanting to use it. I tried to self-edit a Mario sound or two (i.e. replace the ones that were leftover from Brawl/PM vanilla or change "yeehaw" to "yahoo"), but when I played the game, the sounds for Mario went all haywire (missing sounds, sounds in the wrong places). I also mistakenly put the 3.5 PSAs in, so I couldn't use my "original" Melee SFX build as it had the wrong character stats. I had also tried reinstalling the default Melee SFX package (full version), but strangely the problem still persisted, even though the files went over a vanilla copy of PM. Would anyone here know how to fix this problem?
the mod in not compatible with 3.6
but what PSAs did you use with it? you have to use the PSAs included in this mod along the .sawnd files, if you use vanilla PM PSA files it will sound all wrong and glitchy
^ Wut he had sed

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Still soon guise! I have 3 doodz done. Tonight will be either 4 or 5... Depending on what someone says to the following:

@ITALIAN N1NJA I sat behind you and watched that hot a$$ Link of yours going in on that Ganondorf when you were on stage at SnS2 this past weekend. It has motivated me to get Link done/updated earlier than I had intended. My question to you iiiiiiiiis... Do you have any special requests before I get started on this guy?

David Shults

Smash Rookie
How soon!! Evo was awesome and I just started reading these comments. So you've got at least 3 done that work with 3.6? That's awesome!! Could you post on the main page so I can test them?! Also, how were the changes from 3.5 to 3.6 so dramatic? I noticed you had almost half the cast working perfectly in 2.6! Just confused me how they wouldn't work going from those to 3.6. They must've done a sound overhaul or something! TBH the main characters I'm excited for are spacies, Marth and Falcon! If those are ready then I'd be down to beta test lol!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
How soon!! Evo was awesome and I just started reading these comments. So you've got at least 3 done that work with 3.6? That's awesome!! Could you post on the main page so I can test them?! Also, how were the changes from 3.5 to 3.6 so dramatic? I noticed you had almost half the cast working perfectly in 2.6! Just confused me how they wouldn't work going from those to 3.6. They must've done a sound overhaul or something! TBH the main characters I'm excited for are spacies, Marth and Falcon! If those are ready then I'd be down to beta test lol!
Spacies, Marth and Falcon... literally the 4 characters that I have done right now lol.

Also, a lot of the movesets were edited between versions. so each version, I've had to update all the characters >_>

3.6 is kinda the last update. Though there are people working even further to balance some of the cast. I've decided I will also have updates for whatever that version is called as well. I should do some of these things today... But I'd rather go to the Waterfront and catch Pokemon today (I haven't played much at all and am only lvl 9)... lol. I might do a little bit later tonight.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Spacies, Marth and Falcon... literally the 4 characters that I have done right now lol.

Also, a lot of the movesets were edited between versions. so each version, I've had to update all the characters >_>

3.6 is kinda the last update. Though there are people working even further to balance some of the cast. I've decided I will also have updates for whatever that version is called as well. I should do some of these things today... But I'd rather go to the Waterfront and catch Pokemon today (I haven't played much at all and am only lvl 9)... lol. I might do a little bit later tonight.
oh u mean you'll provide versions for PMCE?

David Shults

Smash Rookie
Omg!! Could you send me the SFX files for those characters and the General SFX I guess! I'd really appreciate it! :)

Last edited:

David Shults

Smash Rookie
I'm just so excited for the SFX! I've been checking this thread's main page forever and hoping for an update to 3.6 but since I figured out how to comment and discover that those characters are done, that makes me 10x more hype!!! Please Amazerommu!! Email me those SFX! :)

Obskore

Smash Ace
I'm just so excited for the SFX! I've been checking this thread's main page forever and hoping for an update to 3.6 but since I figured out how to comment and discover that those characters are done, that makes me 10x more hype!!! Please Amazerommu!! Email me those SFX! :)
no, careful with email stuff made public in any kind of forums, edit your post and get rid of the email address, then try using private messages instead

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
How 'bout this? Remove your email and I'll consider updating the characters I have done on Dropbox/Brawl Vault. You wanna be safe on the internrtz at all times. People WILL dunk on you...

David Shults

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry I tried to delete it. My browser actually crashed because the smash logo kept loading forever :( I really wanna try those sfx tho lol

Obskore

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I tried to delete it. My browser actually crashed because the smash logo kept loading forever :( I really wanna try those sfx tho lol
oh one more thing, avoid multiposting (posting multiple times in a row in a thread that isn't your), it's bad for reasons i can't remember

David Shults

Smash Rookie
thanks guys! i was able to remove it! omg im excited!! i am new here so that's why i dont know about multiposting and rules like emails! :)

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
i'll consider updating the characters I have done on Dropbox/Brawl Vault..
Please do. I would love to get back to adding Melee SFX back to some certain characters in my personal build, plus hope you got the ones you haven't did yet (Jigglypuff and Kirby are my top two priorities)

Obskore

Smash Ace
Please do. I would love to get back to adding Melee SFX back to some certain characters in my personal build, plus hope you got the ones you haven't did yet (Jigglypuff and Kirby are my top two priorities)
imagine getting every copy ability done before releasing it. if i were to do Kirby that's how i'd like process to go, with every hat ready on release. but in my version of Melee SFX i have the Brawl newcomers in higher priority. though so far, process has been theory only, no files have been made, modified or tested yet, i just have a word document with how every move should sound, basically... maybe i'll post a screenshot of how it looks

David Shults

Smash Rookie
A personal build I built from Project M 3.61 as a base, with many changed stages, voice SFX (including the announcer), very few character changes and custom music of my interest.
Pretty cool. Care to share the details? I'm always finding something new and cool with others' builds.
Amazerommu!! Come back! :(

hand

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I haven't looked in this thread for a good year lol
Is there a release for 3.6? I really miss the sound pack. It was so great in 3.5 and without it I really don't wanna play... And I don't want to go back to 3.5 as well :-/

Top Bottom