• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

omfgbetaukbf! we could have it on October 21st and 22nd if we need to, because first of all those are weekends, and second of all:
21st=my birthday
22nd=eggz's birthday!!
im sure if we had enough ppl we could drag this out for 2 days, cause wed do pools and stuff that takes forever, lol.:)
LETS DO IT!

It should go like this:
60$ entry fee for all tourneys....
it would be 25$ for 1v1
25$ per person for 2v2
10$ for low teir
then it SHOULD be split 60%, 30%, 10% between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
us WA poeple should definately house travelers.
and maybe provide food...i dont know about that though.
GC, you must get a bigger place to do this. and we should all bring our gamecubes and tvs if possible.
then some of us can help run the tourney too.
we need to spread the word to canada and the west coast.
once were sure well have enough ppl, we will set a date. and prepare blah blah blah.
SOUND GOOD!?
btw, i could house 1 or 2 people if needed, but they must be young, so no one who lives at my house will look at them wierd and stuffs, LOL.

hey, does anyone wanna additionally mm my shiek? and get an *** whoopin? kthx
double post cause i can!
EDIT: Gimpy...?

Eggz

Smash Hero
LoL thats awesome. Remember me two stocking your shiek at the smashfest, and comboing into a double uair to fsmash ftw? Lawls. All your money are belong to me.

LOL, i know. but i dont remember using my shiek when you didnt earn the right to play him...LOL. BAMF! right click, and open the edit page in a new link to edit. mm is still awn tho...for sho.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
I'm back from AK earlier than expected - so I'm making it to PAX.

I cant friggin get ahold of Westcoastwes, lucky for you guys cuz we would've rocked. I need a 2v2 partner!! Aaagh! See you guys either there or at the Sept tourney.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Ahh GC does care about profit :)
Just on $10 tournaments, there isnt any so I havent cared about making it with you all. But take Halo Tournaments for example.
$25/person ($75/team) and I give out 40% to 1st, 20% to 2nd and GC gets 40%, which is th enormal tournament distribution for Halo, Warcraft, CS, etc...

If I did something this big, it would be like the above sort of thing (prob spread a bit for 1st - 5th or something... like 30%, 20%, 15%, 10%, 5% which is 80% given away WAY more then anyone else ever has...but thats a TBD sort of thing based on entries). Because I would have to rent some place that would have to get paid for, as well as pay Staff and such.

This is where Sponsors would come in also. (So if any of you have Sponsor connections let me know!!)

In addition I would prob try and run this at the same time as a 50 team Halo2 tournament, so I would be talking something like the Lynnwood Convention Center, which is prob $2500 for a weekend. Would also mean I would need 10-15 more TVs, maybe even 20.

So I would not expect to make anything on the first GC Big *** Tournament and prob lose $1500 on the whole thing instead... but it would set it up for the next one to make some serious cash and get sponsors so that prizes as well as cash was given out to 1st place++

The way these tournaments work is that Sponsors pay all the bills and prizes and the Organization keeps all entry fee's. MLG makes HUGE cash off tournaments, because everything is paid for.
Since GC is small has few/no connections, I would be footing this entire bill the first one or two times...until I had a track record to get Sponsors on board.

So maybe for first time around, I split this and do a SSBM one time and a Halo a diff time and then try and combo them for the 3rd one or something...

*****All of the above is "thinking outloud" and is not based on jack for statistics or math... its just thoughts on how I would do this and completely subject to change as soon as the next post maybe even within this same post...*****

Eggz

Smash Hero
DAN! Partner with Hero Sublime! DOOO IT!

Cant wait to see you at PAX Dan! I missed you so much...Even though I barely know you. LoL.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
*is creeped out* lol.

Is he gooooood? I want to place very highly at this tournament. I'd loooove to take out silent and tori *evil grin*

**** Wes...

yshikllr

Smash Apprentice
I'm back from AK earlier than expected - so I'm making it to PAX.

I cant friggin get ahold of Westcoastwes, lucky for you guys cuz we would've rocked. I need a 2v2 partner!! Aaagh! See you guys either there or at the Sept tourney.
I wanna go to PAX but need a 2v2 partner also! I'm pretty sure I've never played you jumpfreak but i know ur a fox player and i play fox/sheik. So ya, let me know yo.
Who all is going to PAX anyways?

*is creeped out* lol.

Is he gooooood? I want to place very highly at this tournament. I'd loooove to take out silent and tori *evil grin*

**** Wes...
I would be creeped out if someone offered me reggie as my partner too, LOL.
me and tori are going yoshikiller, we will win!!!!!
btw, you guys will do good, everyone there sux.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
*is creeped out* lol.

**** Wes...
Adult Link is my strongest 2v2 character, but I can do Samus or CF too. I'm no Wes when it comes to Samus, but I doubt you're going to find anyone else there as good as me.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Sheik in teams isn't exactly hard at all, I could do that. The team saves and general strategies to playing him in that game type are like the simplest. Which is why like EVERYONE chooses Sheik in 2v2

Well then play shiek, let Dan the Man decide. I 2nd main as shiek now, additional mm? :]
Im watching Boozer Cute right now.

yshikllr

Smash Apprentice
lol hero, ya i'm def not skypal. skypal isn't going to pax.

dude, silent, i wanna play you soon, i've been practicing fox a lot but need some good fox dittos and/or fox/sheik matches.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Reeeegggieee??! You have to partner with Chris kid. No way out.

Dan partner with yshikllr.

I haven't played you in forever, Yshikllr. I remember never beating your Sheik once at Gimpy's smashfest. >_<

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Alright, as of right now I guess yshikllr is my best bet. Hopefully I get to warm up with you to see if we have good 'team' chemistry. ****, I still havent played in almost two months, but I'll working hard these next two days to get the rust off. I wouldn't want to disappoint.

So Yshikllr, my cell is 360-731-7163 and I guess I'll get together with you on friday at pax.

yshikllr

Smash Apprentice
Alright cool yeah hopefully we'll get to play together beforehand on friday. I've been practicing a fair amount lately though only with fox and not against anyone good. I can "un-rust" my sheik next couple days if you wanna go fox/sheik. But don't worry about disappointing ha.....except for a few teams I'm pretty sure everyone there will be complete n00bs.........which is half the reason I'm going ha, it should be pretty funny. My # is 541-731-9073. What time r u gonna show up?

Ka, yes yes we should play soon, ur getting very good I hear. As much as I hate luigi we should smash soon :) U teaming w/eggz @PAX?

Oh and does anyone know if Oregon is coming up for PAX?... i saw james post about staying w/skypal.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
hm...I'll try to make it to PAX...I might have to work though.
I'd need a partner, but I am unsure at all if I can make it there, so dont rely on my attendance.
What time does day-of registration begin and when does the 2v2 tourney start?

edit: and yes, David/RC, I am also certain we could easily take teams, unless Blair/Chris/etc showed up.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Wow so apparently I have to team with another n00b player at a 2v2 tourney, how wonderful. Why don't one of you team with Chris Ammon/Shane, so I can actually get a chance to have a decent partner for once?

Top Bottom