• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Blair is the most active of all skypal, and has made more gameclucks than Chris. But Chris and Blair should both be panelists now that I think about it. Blair, Chris, Ammon, Reggie, Otto, Nate, Teddy, and Mike would be pretty good panelists. Also Gimpy should be a panelist, even though he thinks Justin and Ammon are the same skill level.

I think we should only have like at most 4-5 panelists if we do power rankings, otherwise the panelists will just be the people on the power rankings, which would be pretty awkward. Also, we should note that SKYPAL folk like never go on the boards and would probably be too apathetic to give input on power rankings.

EDIT: rofl @ gimpyfish62 Mike. Your subtle Reed references are too good.

EDIT2: Reggie doesn't want Otto to be a panelist because Otto clowns on Reggie too much. I have no idea why he thinks your unqualified Mike.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
gimpyfish was not joking when he said he wanted no part of this

i think justin and ammon are at the same level?
i never knew that *asplodes*

otto as a panelist is just as good of an idea as otto being a mod on swf!

xD

nah jk he'd be a pretty good panelist i suppose haha

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
Blair is the most active of all skypal, and has made more gameclucks than Chris. But Chris and Blair should both be panelists now that I think about it. Blair, Chris, Ammon, Reggie, Otto, Nate, Teddy, and Mike would be pretty good panelists. Also Gimpy should be a panelist, even though he thinks Justin and Ammon are the same skill level.

I think we should only have like at most 4-5 panelists if we do power rankings, otherwise the panelists will just be the people on the power rankings, which would be pretty awkward. Also, we should note that SKYPAL folk like never go on the boards and would probably be too apathetic to give input on power rankings.

EDIT: rofl @ gimpyfish62 Mike. Your subtle Reed references are too good.

EDIT2: Reggie doesn't want Otto to be a panelist because Otto clowns on Reggie too much. I have no idea why he thinks your unqualified Mike.
I thought that the power rankings were like the Top 15+ ?

or so lowly of ammon, lol.
having power rankings would be kinda hard because the bestppl in WA are pretty much te leas active, o we would either have the right ppl for panelists but not a good rankings list, or we would have an active panel with not as great of an opinion. most of skypal still refer to you shane as a random mario player so it would be wierd to qualify them as panelists even though theyre amazing. maybe you guys should try to attend skypal smashfests more so they actually know you dont suck. i mean, if you can make it to toris, then im sure you could make it there.
just cause mst of my posts are dumb, doesnt mean i cant be serious gimpy, im sure they didnt just give me the position of a mod because i post a lot or anything.
panelists should be:
Me, Tori, Ammon, Blair, Sastopher, and Teddy.
try to get in more games with skypal at least ammon shane and reggie.
as for now, power rankings wouldnt work too well. but id like to have them.

whats the word on my video gimpy???
we would prolly do top 15.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
but you hate on us low tiers, otto! It's not that you can't be serious, it's that even when you're serious, you're still dumb. HAHAHA. You'd be smarter if you had a frohawk...

Do you mean that by not having you on the panel?
I don't see why we would since you haven't been t a single real WA tourney and don't know how good any of us actually are because we never try against you. If you mean low tier players in general, then If they're good enough and have knowledge on the WA scene then they could be panel members. Like Ammon. Even though you guys are equal apparently.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you know i'm just messing with you silent haha where'd this ammon = justin thing come from? i'm pretty sure i never said such a thing and thats a little silly no offense to justin but ammon's weej is wicked, especially IN TOURNEY matches

i dont know why we care enough to have power rankings, but maybe its just ME who doesn't care enough i suppose haha

silent i think silv was getting the vid underway, but i'm not sure how long it'll take, this quarter of school is winding down and finals and waht not are coming up fast, i'll talk to him though

okay, please keep me updated, hopefully not for much longer. :)
I have a solution, let's not have rankins if this is just gonna happen.
player finder though? i saw this ne WA guy start like 3 threads looking for WA ppl and stuff lol.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think i should be a panelist. Hahaha. I still don't even consider myself a WA smasher! NorCal is my home. Learn to take a joke, Otto... Jeeze. And where DID the Ammon = Justin thing come from? Cause I know I'm not as good as him.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ya we should make a player finder, like a compilation of wa players and locations, and in that we can have like some kinda power ranking thing so peopel know how good they are... oh wait... xD

seriously, the player finder is a great idea, power rankings i was never a fan of, it generally makes people angry about something that shoudl just be fun

silent get on aim please

Eggz

Smash Hero
I guess we can try making skypal the week after gameclucks or something, provided they have one. This week I wanna stick with our smashfest though, because I'm hoping our round robin will get me the money I need lol. Teddy, Otto, are you guys gonna come?

I guess we will go...if SKYPAL's not doing anything. :D
Oh yea, we need a name for the Falcon tourneys like this:

Falcons
Are
Great

Everyone in washington click on the link on my sig and post ur stuff for the player finder, if you dont for a while, i will. ill prolly post stuff for ppl who arent active like link and stuff.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Oh yea, we need a name for the Falcon tourneys like this:

Falcons
Are
Great
I Lol'd my pants off! Thats just to great. Best name ever.

May I ask who here is most likely coming to the Canadian tournament on the 16? A few of us are a little confused on how many are coming and don't know how many people we need for crews.
I guessed 6? Zeru/Wolf/Tori/Eggz/Bladewise/Blair but then I heard rumors that Derilink and Sastopher were coming.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
I don't understand why Teddy and Tori are more qualified as panelists thn Otto or Me?
Im not saying that they are not, Im just wondering what's your logic Reggie?
Lol, I didn't mean to offend you Mike, it's not about the player's skill imo. I'm just going off of who says the most obnoxiously intelligent things referring to smash, cause then I know that they "know how to judge", basically.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol. What are all the Canadians doin' in this thread? COME TO GAMECLUCKS CANADIANS. Anyways, I'm pretty useless at Canada attendee info, since I'm not goin' XD.

Shane, we need to get them Gameclucks shirts, for the advertising antics. I'm tired of 3 people coming to Gameclucks.

Going to Canada:
Me
Tori
Baldwise lol
Eggz
blair
sastopher said hes interested.
i didnt hear anything about link but hes cool
gimpy wants to go too.
after this though, you all have to go to a game clucks again, we can try and make OR come too, so we can have 40+ ppl.
i have a canadian 5$, anyone want to mm for it in canada???
it has hockey on the back so i know you want it.
ryan should be a panelist for BC cause hes the best in the world.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
200% actually, the last place finisher has to pay off the entire pool after they lose... we hold a pools set to see who is worst from those who got eliminated in 2 rounds, the loser owes like 200 or whatever the amount of money is, its shameful really. but funny

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
GC keeps 20% (LAN Center standard is 40% though)

Shirts - Eggz, I remember that you left yours, so remind me on Sat and I will get you one.

Power Rankings - You need a "base line" to do this, so you would use Tournament wins as a starting place IMO, so like an MLG Point system, you get X Points per Win....dont show for a couple of tournaments, you would go down in points.
So you would want to assign points to things like your Smashfests and such also.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so KA MASTER IS THE BEST IN WASHINGTON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh wait, gimpyfish has won a lot of them, even some he didn't actually enter in *points to winner box and it says gimpyfish, like always*

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Blair and Ka are at about the same # of wins at GC.

Now factor in Skypal and Smashfests attendance and Wins, maybe even PAX and you would be well on the way to some sort of ranking.

Every GC Blair's been to since they started doing them again, he's won.
point system=dumb, cause most of the best dont even go to tourneys anymore really.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Lol. Wow, these posts are so useful.

...I hate the grammar police. >_>

Gameclucks is almost at 100 pages, yaaay. More spamming plzkthx. I want to post something useful, I really do.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Point System -
Its not a be all/end all, but it is the most logical way to track something like this. To just use like GC Tournaments as the only event to score people would be dumb, but if you look at all WA Smash events and then come up with a weighted scoring from them, you would have the most accurate representation.
It would also add to the reasons to come to WA Events so that your name could be next to points and you could see where you rank.

If not points then what determines it? There is not other qualitative method. Anything other then using wins, losses and appearances is purely objective and debatable.
Lets say you have 5 people on this Panel and 3 say Chris is best and 2 say Blair is best... does that mean Chris is best because 3 out of 5 think so? Majority is not always "right" though it is accepted in most instances as the "best alternative".
Now I am sure it would be 5/0 as to Blair being best...but go down the list to spots 5, 6, 7, etc... At some point the Vote System breaks down as well, unless you have a large panel to decide vote, it would still break down, but more votes generally means more accurate.

Now if the top couple of people choose to never attend events, sure the point system at some point breaks down... BUT being the "best" is not just skill, it also involves how you support the community, how helpful you are, do you support events...

Anyone in any competitive sphere should have enough of an ego that they wan tto be recognized as one of the best, so with some sort of point system put into place, that would (under normal human behavior) encourage them to show up to as many events as they can...

There is no perfect system for ranking people, but points are generally the most accepted/best option for something like this.

Just my thoughts on it...

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Skypal is a huge WA smash supporter. Not so much a supporter of local tournaments, but they often show up if there's money to be won. XD The point is, the "Skypal house" houses smashers from all over the country and the world, so they are both very skilled and very supportive to the smash community in case you are wondering.

Top Bottom