• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
gameclucks guy:

i know the project i was going to do for you kinda fell through due to my overwhelming lack of time, but I am working on (and am almost done with) a washignton smash bros documentary, sort of a player profile of most washington smashers, it would be updated as i got more players to participate and what not but I was just asking if (once its done and i show it to you) it could be put on your site to help promote the washington smash scene for gameclucks

its pretty kewl, i can e-mail you a sample of silversh4d0ws part, its the one i show people to get them interested, because i'm a businessman and stuff like that

SINCE we were just doing "</random>" things heres a fun fact

Gimpyfish has been named gimpyfish as long as he can remember, however there were times went alternate account names were made. Overmind147 was one of these accounts... Imagine if that was still my smash name. Very strange indeed. </random>

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
I say Blaire is the best in Washington, followed closely by Chris, followed closely by Ammon.
I think that Chris is slightly better than Blair
but Fox vs Peach matchup is kinda strange and when 2 people play together as much they probably have the better player isn't always apparent. As far as Ammon being closely following them is hard to tell because he hasn't played in bigger tournaments like any of the FCs or OC2 but he is VERY good and does well against the two. Well thats what i think.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
If we were talking Bowser, sure Gimpy, you are Numero Uno, but somehow "Power Ranking" and "Bowser" just do not seem to belong in the same sentance, possibly even the same paragraph or book...

WA Smashers Thing - Depends how big it is. My website provider only allows like 100 megs and I am at 40 right now. But I would certainly add a link if it was hosted somewhere, or will host it myself if its small enough.

Power Rankings - BTW not trying to take over the way the rankings are done, just throwing out a suggestion with my reasoning behind it. So please no one take offense if you hate the idea...Or do take offense, but keep coming to GC Tournaments :)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hey, WA people, I'm almost certainly coming up this weekend with three other people, but I need to get ahold of the SKYPAL house. They aren't too responsive on AIM, so could someone maybe like call them or PM me their number so I can talk to them and not show up "unexpectedly"?

Who else got Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin today?

Also, if you want a good voting system, do what NorCal did for theirs. Each panelist gets to rank people 1-25, and points are assigned to those players for the inverse of their rank (1st gets 25 points, 2nd 24, 3rd 23 and so on). After all panelists have voted, you add up the points and rank the people. That way, you'd have your players all lined up without need for arguing over little rank changes like you would if everyone needed to agree on X rank before moving on. It also makes the list revisions more accurate, as a panelist who didn't know so much about X smasher but 2 or 3 others ranked that person highly, then the next time that person may change their mind and as the knowledge about the players increases due to their appearance on the list, you'll get better placements.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Whoa dang, 3 other people from Oregon including yourself? Awesome. Who else? Jesse, Andrew annd...Kyle? Or David guy who I've never met?

Anyways, I can't be of too much help with your SKYPAL dilema, though I did find this old number to like Yagi's cell phone on the SKYPAL thread XD. That might help somehow.

425-747-2387

BladeWise

Smash Lord
lol good tourney, funny outcomes at times.

Singles:
1st Blair
2nd Ka-Master
3rd BladeWise

Double:
1st Blair/Me
2nd SilentWolf/Tori

Falcon tourney:
1st Ka-Master
2nd Blair
3rd Me

Gimpyfish - lol wtf. you came sooo close to beating me, then you beat tori. boozer hax. glad that you brought Silv

Otto - sorry for knocking you into Loser's Bracket again, lol. Fox Ditto on Green Greens was too good.

Blair - Dude, you are way too good. It was a lot of fun teaming with you.

RC - falcon tourney was crazy, man.

Oregon - It's strange how I didnt face any of you in singles. oh well. it was fun playing you at Skypal-house and after the tourney.

Ka-Master - I dont see how you do it dude. I am often surprised by how creative you can be.

Eggz - lol, you suck against Oregon in tourneys. =P

Tori - lol boozer. btw i have your cube. ill give it to you soon.

Jumpfreak - no johns

Gameclucks - thanks again for hosting another tournament.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Maaan... I wanted to go to this one, too! But I have too much to do before monday to justify going to a smash tournament... I'll go to one eventually!

Nythius

Smash Cadet
This was an interesting first tourney for me. I had to play against two different Peaches (who is pretty much my nemesis due to her dsmash and stitchfaces) and it wouldn't have mattered if I won because I would have had to play another Peach and then Blade. Pfft.

Thanks GameClucks. I'll try to make next month's >=D

Eggz

Smash Hero
I like how poorly I performed in the singles tournament. And every single money match. Too good. Lotsa fun had after the falcon tourney, that got me pretty warmed up.

I'll give shoutouts when I feel less terrible at the game. (probably next gameclucks...>_<)

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Even though I played really pathetically against Teddy and Ammon... and in the Falcon Tourney... I had alot of fun overall, good games Oregon and GC people.

Eggz

Smash Hero
James- I had alot of fun playing you. Comboing Samus is really fun now that I know how. Your one of my favorites to play from Oregon (because I don't end up feeling gay for chainthrowing)

Jesse- I didn't play well in our tourney match at all and you didn't deserve the victory. =D
LOL Good games though, it's really fun playing you. I like how your Falcon doesn't do gay techchase chainthrow too much, so I actually had fun playing it.

Otto- Good times. Money matches this friday or saturday before Canada?

Nate- We got some nice friendlies, you ***** me all over. *sleep johns* You guys ***** us in 2v2s though. Too good. I wish we banned.

Ammon- good times

Blair- Your Falcon is too good. I'd like to play a real match with your fox at some point in time though. LoL, maybe I'll actually go to skypal sometime. =/

Teddy- Nice job on third. I guess we both lost to Jesse, so I can't make fun of you for it anymore. =(

Timmy- We had a close CF - Kirby money match, it was fun. Sorry I didn't go Mario or fox, but those arn't fun at all because I can't combo. Good games!

Tommy- We had some pretty good friendlies, yayuhhhz. Your Marth is fun, your falco is weird, and your pichu is a low tier character, so I don't care about it. :p

SupaGimp62@yahoo.com- Your advice is too good. I enjoyed our hug. We should have more hugs.

Other people- I either forgot you existed or didnt play you. I'm very tired, so sorry. Later.

Top Bottom