• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

keeper

Smash Champion
Hi, Silent Wolf.

You, Eggz, and Ka-Master were really fun to watch. I also had fun doing doubles with you in friendlies.

lets start using this thread for gc purposes again, otherwise newcomers who dont know about gc wont know about it. updated

I'm assuming we haven't met him before? lmao

everyone bring set ups, we need 4 or 5. i would say more but gc guy prolly wants the rest for brawl.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I will do my best to give Melee as many TVs as possible, but with 30-50 Brawl players coming because it is the usual Brawl event, I can not have that actual money making tournament take 3x longer...
Once Brawl events are done, we can shift 2 or 3 TVs to Melee, so bring the Cubes for sure for when Brawl is over.

If Melee has a HUGE showing, we will work something out.

But at the start it will prob be 6 TVs for Brawl, 3 for Melee and 1 for SSB.
Brawl ends (winds down) and we will shift some....

Eggz

Smash Hero
This is only including GC TVs, so everyone be sure to bring your own and we'll find somewhere to settem up.

Nah Otto, we know Jack. Hes the bum guy that like lives on the SFU campus and runs most of their fests and tourneys

Eggz

Smash Hero
WHOS THE ******* WHO PRANKED ME

this kind of humor is INTOLERABLE

were trying to build a SMASH community

NOT a community of hornswaggling trickster babies

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Considering there is a GC every month, and brawl is the bigger event, its usually run first.

About what time is melee gonna start, was my question?

I feel that if ppl arent doing brawl and doing melee only. They can show up a bit later, and because there are less ppl, more tvs can be used for brawl-it gets done faster, and then the more tvs can be used for melee.

thats just my thought it might not even work well.

Edit:I guess more ppl should be showing up to this one, so prob start earlier.

i dont see why it being ran every month has anything to do with order of events. brawl is the bigger event, therefore it will have priority in terms of tvs, but not total priority. the last couple gcs have been ran fine with both events at the same time, you just havent been to one since the one where brawl was first and melee was at like 6pm or later lol. i answered your question, read the first post. sign ups usually start at 11 or so and the tournament will start around 12 or so.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Sort of agree with Otto... only issue is when we have a lot of cross over between events... its easier to finish one, then do the other.. but we can work it all out...

I would like to see Brawl 1v1 get done or mostly done before we start a Melee bracket... just to minimize the extra time, but whatever...

Just don't ***** when the whole thing isn't done by 4pm...because it wont be....

We will start Brawl 2v2 and Melee 2v2 at same time (assuming we have enough Melee 2v2 entries) about 1pm.
I would then like to get the first 4 rounds of Brawl 1v1 (first 2 upper rounds and first 2 lower rounds) done before we start Melee 1v1... just to minimize the wait time between players in both games...

theres only like 2, 3 people tops that enter brawl and melee, having the two tournaments coincide isnt much of an additional strain on either's overall duration.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea thats coo, I just thought we always started brawl a few hours earlier than melee because it was the bigger tourney.

12 sounds good

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Ka please!

Sweet vid Otto. Adam was screaming when we watched it LOL

Sorry I bailed guys, I promise I'll be at something before summer. I just want to be ready for it, and this being my first weekend of good smash in 5 months, I wasn't ready. LOL

Top Bottom