• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

NNID
dansalvato
Aahhh so wiiflow doesn't work eh. I've had to change loaders like 5 times in my wii hacking career.
I haven't been successful with WiiFlow, but it reported that it couldn't find the codes file, so it may have been a trivial error on my part.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
IE, does configurable USB loader need the storage which was formatted to WBFS?
My storage is FAT32.
How do you formatted iso to WBFS and put iso into the storage?

I know that Only WBFS can compatible with GameCube iso is version 4.0.
4.0 could be installed but couldn't format because of my PC of 64-bit OS.
Just to make sure, I tried v3.0. But v3.0 also couldn't format.

Next, I tried how to format in configurable USB loader.
It looked to be succeeded, but I couldn't put GC iso into the storage using WBFS Manager 4.0 & 3.0.
When I tried v3.0, it say "successful" but actually there is no data.

Is there v4.0 for 64-bit OS?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
GCReEx.exe that .ISO!
I tried it.
I can see the title in the select game menu but it couldn't be booted.
Maybe because there is no "game.iso" when using GCReEX.exe (this makes "root" and "sys" folder).

When I select the iso which was used DiscEX-v0.8, the message said something like "found game.iso!", but tooooo slow loading or not booting.

When I use "DIOS MIOS booter", a GC USB Loader, I can play very comfortably (But able to use only AR codes. it can't use Ocarina Cheats) .

[edit]
Oh my god I became disable to launching GC from USB device even DIOS MIOS booter...
maybe because of Installing "RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad".
I tried uninstall it using "Wii Mod" but I couldn't and occured error.

[edit2]
Somehow I could boot again using in case of DIOS MIOS booter

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I tried it.
I can see the title in the select game menu but it couldn't be booted.
Maybe because there is no "game.iso" when using GCReEX.exe (this makes "root" and "sys" folder).

When I select the iso which was used DiscEX-v0.8, the message said something like "found game.iso!", but tooooo slow loading or not booting.

When I use "DIOS MIOS booter", a GC USB Loader, I can play very comfortably (But able to use only AR codes. it can't use Ocarina Cheats) .
Funny, mine is GCReEx.exe'd, and I use CFGLoader ver70r65. I use it to play Melee, PAL Melee, AND Melee: SD Remix (not on the same USB because obvious. but still). Which DIOS MIOS version are you using?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Funny, mine is GCReEx.exe'd, and I use CFGLoader ver70r65. I use it to play Melee, PAL Melee, AND Melee: SD Remix (not on the same USB because obvious. but still). Which DIOS MIOS version are you using?
Now I'm using latest version (2.10).

[edit]
I could booted!
but I could see only the screen of "Press Start".
Somehow it seems to be disable to load. I can hear only BGM.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm using latest version (2.10).

[edit]
I could booted!
but I could see only the screen of "Press Start".
Somehow it seems to be disable to load. I can hear only BGM.
Which codes are you using? When I try to use the Input Delay Tester code, that always happens to me. I don't know if it's Dios Mios or the code but I've never been able to get it to work. Come to think of it I've even tried using Gecko OS Mod and loading Melee with the original Mios and that code still didn't work. Maybe it's only for Dolphin.

And for the record, I've never been able to get the turn white on shield stun code to work either. :( That one sounds awesome. Wish I knew the problem.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I could confirm that Being disable to go to the screen next to PressStart when using "Input Delay Tester" or "D-pad Control Damage".
Widescreen did work.

Widescreen Only -> Worked
Widescreen + Input Delay Tester -> Stopped at the PressStart
Widescreen + D-pad Control Damage -> Stopped at the PressStart

I know "Turn white on Shield stun code" also makes it.

I think the code which have influence on memory in playing doesn't work in USB loder.
To use these cheats, we need to use how to modify .dol for the same effect as them.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Do these only work in 1.2?

What if I use them in a different version?

NNID
dansalvato
They only work on v1.02 unless otherwise specified. If you try using it in a different version, either nothing will happen or the game will crash.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
About 16:9 widescreen, there is only an unconfortable thing.
It's the place of loupe and triangle.
I think loupe and triangle should be nearer the edge of the screen.

like this (reversal colored is ideal place I think)
http://kie.nu/.1rYB

NNID
dansalvato
About 16:9 widescreen, there is only an unconfortable thing.
It's the place of loupe and triangle.
I think loupe and triangle should be nearer the edge of the screen.

like this (reversal colored is ideal place I think)
http://kie.nu/.1rYB
Kou, thanks for showing me. This was another bug that I missed. I think I fixed it, so please test the new code in the OP.
http://i.imgur.com/JRPWbxK.png
I think the bubble is stretched now, but in my opinion it's not a big deal, and it would take too much work to fix.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Kou, thanks for showing me. This was another bug that I missed. I think I fixed it, so please test the new code in the OP.
http://i.imgur.com/JRPWbxK.png
I think the bubble is stretched now, but in my opinion it's not a big deal, and it would take too much work to fix.

Thank you.
This solution (stretched) had a problem when I applying code on Wii (somehow, the effect of code sometimes didn't appeared in the beginning of the match. This didn't occured on Dolphin).
but this new code have no problem.
I think this is the best widescreen ever.

I wish there would be for v1.00...

Malurth

Smash Cadet
(I didn't read the whole thread but...) would it be possible to make a code that disables certain button inputs?

For example, I'd like to disable using the control stick to control rolls/spot dodges (so I'd have to use the c-stick instead). I find it's a lot easier to unlearn bad muscle memory when the command I'm trying to unlearn simply doesn't work.

If so, I'd also request disabling directed aerials with the A button. If you can't cull all but the nair with aerials, disabling it entirely would be fine (always got the Z button).

NNID
dansalvato
That's not very much information, but make sure you're adding it as a Gecko code and not an AR code, and make sure "enable cheats" is selected in the config. Also, Dolphin 4.0 is out, upgrade to that.

CaptainFabulous

Smash Cadet
Is is possible to use your codes through cfg loader? I've tried but alot of them just seem to crash my game

NNID
dansalvato
Is is possible to use your codes through cfg loader? I've tried but alot of them just seem to crash my game
Yes, it's possible. Make sure your version of Melee is v1.02, because most of my codes are for that version. It may also help to make sure that you have the latest versions of DIOS MIOS (v2.10) and CFG Loader (v70r65).

Doq

Smash Lord
That's not very much information, but make sure you're adding it as a Gecko code and not an AR code, and make sure "enable cheats" is selected in the config. Also, Dolphin 4.0 is out, upgrade to that.
So when I use it, the menus aren't fixed like in the old code, and the HUD completely disappears in battle, following the battle I get nothing on screen.
It is a Gecko code, Enable cheats are on.

In other news... WTF DOLPHIN 4!?!?! Ok I'll test it there. It should work then.

NNID
dansalvato
Hey guys, I spent about 7 hours on a new code last night. What could it be? You'll never guess, but stay tuned.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I spent about 7 hours on a new code last night. What could it be? You'll never guess, but stay tuned.
CPU modifications? :cool:

Also, I was going to say that it'd be really cool if you could create a code that turns someone a color when they're in hitstun. I use 1.0 and you make most things in 1.2 if I'm correct but if it's not a giant code something like that wouldn't be hard to convert would it?

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
REQUEST: Flash on first frame of dash. (or last frame of foxtrot, not sure which is more useful)

So you can tell exactly when you go from foxtrot to dash

Also:

How about a code to make Zelda's always start as Sheik?
+disable transformation

Malurth

Smash Cadet
(I didn't read the whole thread but...) would it be possible to make a code that disables certain button inputs?

For example, I'd like to disable using the control stick to control rolls/spot dodges (so I'd have to use the c-stick instead). I find it's a lot easier to unlearn bad muscle memory when the command I'm trying to unlearn simply doesn't work.

If so, I'd also request disabling directed aerials with the A button. If you can't cull all but the nair with aerials, disabling it entirely would be fine (always got the Z button).
I'll take the lack of response as a no, then.

NNID
dansalvato
I'll take the lack of response as a no, then.
Sorry, I forgot. It's technically possible but I don't plan on putting in the time.

I think my latest widescreen code stretches the HUD again. Can someone verify this on their own setup? I might look into a fix.

NNID
dansalvato
I worked a lot on HUD just now.

I can do all kinds of things, like stretch it and move it around, but I can't change the position of the bubbles. =(
However, between messed up lenses and a stretched HUD, I prefer messed up lenses.

NNID
dansalvato
I assume this is what you've been working on then? How much work did this involve?
I think about 12 hours. It required writing 13 separate ASM codes that perform different actions in tandem to make this mode possible.

NNID
dansalvato
New code: L-Cancel Training Wheels. This code automatically L-cancels all aerials, but your character will flash white if your input was correct. This allows players to practice L-canceling but suffer no penalty if the L-cancel is missed, allowing the player to practice combos and mental game even without yet having mastered L-canceling.

I wrote this to help out some new players I met at yesterday's tournament. I believe that players will be able to learn much faster if they don't have to spend the first couple months struggling with L-canceling, but can instead practice L-canceling at the same time they practice their combos and mental game.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
posted this in NC Melee so it'll hopefully get ****** to stop making dumb status' about rating their wavedashes and L Cancels.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
New code: L-Cancel Training Wheels. This code automatically L-cancels all aerials, but your character will flash white if your input was correct. This allows players to practice L-canceling but suffer no penalty if the L-cancel is missed, allowing the player to practice combos and mental game even without yet having mastered L-canceling.

I wrote this to help out some new players I met at yesterday's tournament. I believe that players will be able to learn much faster if they don't have to spend the first couple months struggling with L-canceling, but can instead practice L-canceling at the same time they practice their combos and mental game.
This is awesome! I personally have no need for this since I've had L-Canceling down for years but I know a few people that this will really help with!

You're too good.

NNID
dansalvato
Just put up a rudimentary guide on how to get these working on a softmodded Wii. I may add more detail if people find parts too vague or run into unforeseen trouble during installation.

Top Bottom