• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Side Tourneys Tentative Schedule, Questions, Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
For those going to FC, this is a list of side tourneys that I (and others) are planning on running at FC this year. If you would like to participate, post up!! ^_^ And please bring your own ps2 controller or stick or DS.

List of tourneys I plan on running:
Guilty Gear Accent Core (ps2), Melty Blood ACverB (ps2), Street Fighter: Third Strike (ps2), Street Fighter 2: ST (ps2), Tetris DS (DS), MarioKart DS (DS), Zoo Keeper (DS), Bomberman (DS)

Other tourneys (that I know of so far):
Dodgeball (Viperboy)
Smash64 (Kishes)
Low-Tier (Tink)

Most tourneys will be double elim, best 2/3, $5 entry. I will try to record the top 4 of each tourney. Depending on if I have help running these tourneys I may have to cap entry at 32.

Tentative Schedule:

Thursday:
07:30pm-08:30pm: Tetris DS, SFII:ST - Sign-ups
08:45pm: Tetris, SFII:ST Tourney begins
-Notes: Tetris will be 1v1.
-If there are too many ppl, may change to 2v2.
-No items.
-SFII Turbo on "3."
-Tetris will be recorded via observation mode (aka, I join the game but SD right away)

Friday:
11:00am-12:15pm: Melty Blood, MarioKart - Sign-ups
12:30pm: Melty Blood, MarioKart Tourney begins
-Notes: I don't really know what kind of MarioKart rules I want to run. I was thinking of doing 1v1 balloon battles. Input from others would be appreciated. ^_^

02:30pm-03:30pm: Guilty Gear, Bomberman - Sign-ups
04:30pm: Guilty Gear, Bomberman Tourney begins
-Notes: Start time may wait till after Crew Finals finishes.
-Bomberman Format, may be 1v1.. but I think that 4 player ffa would be more fun. Input?

07:30pm-08:30pm: Third Strike, Zoo Keeper
08:45pm: Third Strike, Zoo Keeper Tourney begins
Notes: Both are 1v1.

10:00pm: Smash64 Tourney (aka Isai's Allowance) starts (run by Kishes, etc..)

Finals Notes:
-Please bring your own pads/controllers/sticks/DSs.
-If you own any of these games (particullarly the DS games), and would like to participate, please bring them. ^_^ Otherwise these tourneys will all be run on "one setup."
-I'll try to setup my station with a bulletin boards close to the Kish Command Center (near the entrance to the gym, opposite from the state).

To Kishes:
If any of this is not cool w/ you guys, just let me know. You guys have ultimate say in what goes on afterall.

I should be able to post answers to any questions Wed afternoon, Wed night, and Thurs morning before I leave for South Bend.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I'll definetly enter the guilty gear tourney, and maybe the S3. I've played X2, is accent core much different? Also what is melty blood, is it similar to any other game?

Tink

Smash Hero
Low Tier Tourny!!!!

edit: capps, if ima run a low tier tourny, which day would be best that it wouldnt interfer with your tournies?

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
melty blood - kind of similar to guilty gear. meaning there are air dashes, ground dashes, and lots of air combos and ground combos.

Tink- i think theyre running smash 64 on friday night, so maybe thurs night is the best time for low tier. Thurs 9pm-10pm-ish? if you want it any other time thats fine too, i dont think itll interfere w/ anything im doing

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I can help you run stuff if you need it, Capps.

I was planning on running a bunch of stuff, but it was gonna be on the fly... props for planning things out ahead of time.

Oh, I also have a second setup for most of the games.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
I can help you run stuff if you need it, Capps.

I was planning on running a bunch of stuff, but it was gonna be on the fly... props for planning things out ahead of time.

Oh, I also have a second setup for most of the games.
good stuff. im really looking forward to this now. ^_^

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
FC ends tomorrow, and everyone who would enjoy side tournaments is already at FC, so...

yeah....

though, i do hope these side tournaments are fun:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom