• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

melee comparason (spelling error) to Brawl

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
this is my opinion.

heres the thing

ignoreing the wavedashing, l cancle....ect.
brawl is actualy faster. but as humans we are able to take melee faster than its suppose to be. because were messing with the animation time and all that. we are able to do unofficial moves.

and of course there are still discoverys to be found in brawl, i says its still not safe to say that melee is faster,

what are ur thoughts?

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of L-canceling and wavedashing Melee was still faster. The floatyness alone makes it so we can't short hop fast fall as fast as we use to.

It is slower, really.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
oops i would also like to add that this is based on my observation of vids

i myself havnt played it so ....lol sorry if im wrong. but once i play it i may truly understand.

but even if it is slower its not a bad thing right....right...?

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
Why would that, in and of itself, be a bad thing? The original smash brothers was insanely slow compared to melee and people still love it and play it. From video observations Brawl does seem to be slower-paced than Melee though.

ronin_galiver

Smash Cadet
Yay for a slowing down of the insane pace that people created for the game! And then yay for the added chaos factors in Brawl! And then yay that all that is going to net in more players! Go brawl! Everybody wins! 'Cept you whiny *****es. You still lose. But that's ok, 'cause no one cares! ^_^

dotxhideki

Smash Rookie
Regardless of L-canceling and wavedashing Melee was still faster. The floatyness alone makes it so we can't short hop fast fall as fast as we use to.

It is slower, really.
I have to agree with this. Melee is insanely fast compared to Brawl. I haven't played the game yet, but judging from the videos that I have seen, Brawl will be played at a much slower pace.

I don't know about anybody else, but I really like the slower paced gameplay.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with this. Melee is insanely fast compared to Brawl. I haven't played the game yet, but judging from the videos that I have seen, Brawl will be played at a much slower pace.

I don't know about anybody else, but I really like the slower paced gameplay.
right cause then that gives the brain more time for more possible moves to make i guess.

JT_productions829

Smash Cadet
I already played the game and everything is pretty much slower than melee mostly because of the floatyness like Blue sHell said. I still miss the fast paced action from melee, but i guess we will all have to adapt.

S623

Smash Apprentice
My opinion? Stop making threads to compare the games. Spell better.

That being said, I have noticed that Brawl is slower than Melee, mostly because people aren't short-hopping to fast-fall every two seconds.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
this is my opinion.

heres the thing

ignoreing the wavedashing, l cancle....ect.
brawl is actualy faster. but as humans we are able to take melee faster than its suppose to be. because were messing with the animation time and all that. we are able to do unofficial moves.

and of course there are still discoverys to be found in brawl, i says its still not safe to say that melee is faster,

what are ur thoughts?
heres the thing

ignoreingignoring the wavedashing, l canclecancel....ectetc.

and of course there are still discoverysdiscoveries to be found in brawl, i says its still not safe to say that melee is faster,

dude you can clearly see that characters in brawl move slower, not even close to the other way around. look at how characters are way more floaty. if it is in our heads than we must be going crazy. jk. no really. gg.

spell check

Coselm

Smash Ace
I see what the original poseter is saying...

I have played brawl, and there are a lot of moves with less ending lag then there would have been in melee without l cancelling.

But I don't know.

If I had videos of myself playing melee for the first few times I could make a judgement.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Errr... Before I say ANYTHING: I have not played Brawl. I have only watched a few videos of it.

Now remember that, please. :p

I have watched a few professional Melee vids. And... I can't tell a difference in speed.

Maybe it's just me. *Shrug*

But still, i think any slow down is actually a good thing. Not being able to be good at a game just because you don't have the reflexes of Ken Hoang... Well, I can't call that fair, can I? :)

*Prepares for inevitable flame by a pro or "LIFE'S NOT FAIR" statement*

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Errr... Before I say ANYTHING: I have not played Brawl. I have only watched a few videos of it.

Now remember that, please. :p

I have watched a few professional Melee vids. And... I can't tell a difference in speed.

Maybe it's just me. *Shrug*

But still, i think any slow down is actually a good thing. Not being able to be good at a game just because you don't have the reflexes of Ken Hoang... Well, I can't call that fair, can I? :)

*Prepares for inevitable flame by a pro or "LIFE'S NOT FAIR" statement*
Yeah seriously, it's like basketball. Not being able to be good at it just because you're slow, weak, and can't make a shot... well that just isn't fair y'know?

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
well i have seen other characters vids and it seems that (too mee.) that it differs in characters

i know kirby is slower but with more stedy movesets. but iv seen pikachus and he seems alot faster (exept his lagging after an aireal attack.) but this is based on my veiwing of other people playing the game.

besides, fast or slow it seems alot more balanced than melee. can u at least agree with that?

Patinator

Smash Champion
I most certainly can, Takuyo90. I've only seen a few character videos; it's mostly music. :p

I haven't noticed a difference in Falcon. Mario seems quicker. Ganondorf's Specials seem slightly faster. Etc.

And as for WastingPenguins...

[Not trying to start a flame war or anything here] I can't say Smash and basketball are alike. Even so, there's a large difference between being a slow runner/weak shooter and being able to press about three buttons faster than you can blink your eye... :/

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I've played Brawl, and yes, it's slower. But I really thought that the gameplay was still quite solid.

To me, Melee was really fast. Jumping and doing moves was really quick, there was so much short-hopping and wavedashing... It's GREAT for people who are really pro, but for many, the speed can be a little much. Brawl is slower, has more ariel viability, and for that many n00bs enjoy it. Hopefully Brawl will have many new techs that make the gameplay just as hardcore as Melee.

Melee will always be special to me.

Anther

Smash Champion
Err. I think to not be able to see the difference in the pace of fights in this game seems crazy to me.
I mean, watch the difference between these 2 matches. The 2 same players same matchup different games.

Melee
Brawl

Course, doesn't mean that I don't love brawl more than I love melee =].

Top Bottom