• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbournites: Monthly Smash Poll

Do you want to do a rotating bi-monthly game change?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • [s]bananas[/s] other

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All I want to is if the Melbourne Smash Community wants to bring back Melee, by rotating the following events each monthly:

- Brawl Teams
- Melee Singles
- Melee Teams

thx

~ Mr. Cao

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I say we rotate. It adds a different flavor to each monthly instead of the same old procedures. Besides, Brawl Teams takes way too long. Last monthly we finished at 6:30 (or was it 7:30?).

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
lol at literally having the most possible matches in a final almost, we just needed to lose 1 more in the first round, then that was it
3-1
2-3
too close, and lol 9 matches

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I say we rotate. It adds a different flavor to each monthly instead of the same old procedures. Besides, Brawl Teams takes way too long. Last monthly we finished at 6:30 (or was it 7:30?).
brawls teams takes less time than brawl singles
monthly finished at that time for a ton of other reasons

brawl doubles finals should be best of 5 sets, lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
All I want to is if the Melbourne Smash Community wants to bring back Melee, by rotating the following events each monthly:

- Brawl Teams
- Melee Singles
- Melee Teams
- Pikmin Singles

thx

~ Mr. Cao
i'm all for this

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Interesting...

what is this 'other' people are referring to? Plz explain :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
would be good if we started with brawl singles, then we could see how much time we have left and use that to work out whether to do melee singles or doubles (melee or brawl)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
once wrong ever
and it was still good advice, just a bad choice by cobalt not taking a tram =p

ooh, tight poll

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for rotating game change, this is because I like the idea of having something different every monthly, and plus it would be boring if all I recorded was just the same thing each time I go =(

I'm curious to know some of the reasons why people voted "No", and if people all say it's all about the time factor, I would be curious to know if any organisers would think that having a different game would make the monthly run longer.

~Vince.

P.S - My friend just read the poll, and the first post, and he thinks that it's a poll on whether to kill brawl or kill melee and doesn't seem to realise that you guys are rotating brawl doubles, and not brawl singles (which is where the rankings are at). Just to let you guys know xD

Nay Nay

Smash Rookie
I doubt it.

Its really not that hard to understand providing you can read, and as for wanting the people who voted no to provide reasons as to why they selected no, i thought the whole point of votes was so people could anonymously provide their opinions without having to provide reasons to justify them and get into arguements and whatnot.

Some people just like different things.

Peace

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's not anonomyous to the person who created the poll, I'll ask Mic later to see if the voters are legitimate. :)

kupo

Smash Lord
I'd love to just have Melee in as a fun thing. Extra TV = cube/wii + Melee..but I doubt that will happen due to the limited supply of TV's [props to the CW crew for bringing them]. An actual Melee tourney would be super, but it'd be nice to have "everyone" there and not just the people who still play melee somewhat hardcore.

Like what Vincent said, Brawl singles is what counts in the end. What else is there to lose from playing Melee? lol transition changes? I used to b*tch at the changes from both games, but you get used to it I guess.

Melee is more exciting. I can't wait to see some good comebacks...

...oh wait that's singles lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah, just so this is crystal clear, people want melee back in the mix for fun, i don't think anyone will practice or take it super seriously

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
What the hell, there is nothing separating Yes from No. Thank you Melbourne Smash Community! :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I think the first question to be asked would be who actually still wants to compete in Melee. I personally wouldn't mind if we were to have even a monthly Melee tournament separately to the CW event. I'm not sure about how many others would give a hoot, but it's an option we could look at that will allow us to keep a regular amount of Brawl singles and doubles practise for when Brawl national fever hits Vic gets a call to arms.
Venue would be the most costly depending on numbers interested...might have to have an entry fee for it were it to go ahead.
What say ye?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
As Burger the Truck would say, 'that would be the best invention ever since sliced bread'

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tak suggested that to me yesterday, said perhaps could use his school for free
which imo would be ok because not many people would come (like 15 max) and i'm pretty sure it would be east-siders only, amirite

else let's use the bundoora bookings and have it there =D

btw with not many people, how about double elim, 5 stock, best of 5 series, with finals best of 9
=D

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
yeah it wasn't a very good idea deks... and i didn't say free ;)

But it would be cool to have a seperate monthly for melee that eastsiders and westsiders could go to maybe Melbourne Uni or Bundoora or something :ohwell:

If you guys want i could see if my school could host it but i suggest a venue that is closer for the West Melbourne people

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaz is suggesting a separate monthly event for Melee which would end up having Smash tournaments that run bi-weekly.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Well like I mentioned a cost is likely going to be involved. before we can work out where it can be held we need to get a show of hands for interests sake. This way venue size and location can be addressed more thoroughly.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I doubt it.

Its really not that hard to understand providing you can read, and as for wanting the people who voted no to provide reasons as to why they selected no, i thought the whole point of votes was so people could anonymously provide their opinions without having to provide reasons to justify them and get into arguements and whatnot.

Some people just like different things.

Peace
Yeah sorry about that dude. I got carried away.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think this poll was useful. Eveyone will end up winning, since we're now looking at ways to create a separate Melee tourney scene.

Top Bottom