• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies

Vote Count II:

LoliLovesRain [0]
Ori_bro [1] PrivateJoker-Brown, Anomdaris_Rake
BadWolf28738 [1] Badwolf
PrivateJoker-Brown [0]
King of Brawl [0]
Rake [1] Ori_bro
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]
No Lynch [1] King of Brawl

Not Voting: LoliLovesRain, BSP, Gheb_01.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
I'm voting myself?

Badwolf, why walk into the loaded question?

Kary, what's with the loaded questions? Are you trying to incriminate before a person even gives an answer?

:phone:
Just for the ****s and kicks.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Fixed it. Let me know if there are any other errors.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
^ wtf double post ?

@BSP: Your question suggests you think there is a reason he would walk into them.

Y / N ?

Elaborate if Yes

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

My sincerest apologies for being late to the party.

@Rake : Bandwagon? Randomly, I would say Gheb actually. Something about him makes my bolts twitch.

Randomly lynching somebody seems like too high of a risk for me, so I'm going to have to side with BSP on this one. I know 5 : 2 doesn't sound like a bad ratio, but we could accidentally lynch the Bodyguard or Watcher on day one.

Vote: No Lynch
Except the ratio is 7: 2

Also why not Vote Gheb then ?

Your vote will not lynch him , why are you hesitating on actually voting someone you just stated you would have no issue bandwagoning.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Well IF I was to be scum, I would want one of the IC's to be a buddy. They have the most experience and would make the least mistakes. Only seems logical to me.

Argh! I'm at band camp all day... This is the first time I've had on my comp today. I just leave it on. Deal with it.

Lol no. Rake is just being spaz. I don't think this points to scum but it doesn't give any big red flags to me.
1)

Why do you deflect by making the IF so noticeable ?
Why not simply say : Were i to be scum I would want an IC to buddy ?

2)

Why make such a big deal over having your computer on ?

Gheb wasn't even applying any pressure to you, he was just being advice dog about answering vs. not answering.
Why did you feel the need to say
I just leave it on. Deal with it.
It seems like your over-reacting when someone even mentions your name.

3)

What makes my gameplay "spaz" ?
Also why are already attempting to discredit my scum read on you even if it is a RVS read ?

It would have been just as easy to say : No , Rake's push does not feel legitimate , but instead you take the time to call it me being "spaz". Again it seems a tad aggressive for this stage in the game.

4) What sort of red-flags would make you take more notice , is Kary line of loaded questions more of a red-flag or do you have a list of "this is what I should watch for " ?

I take it that
I don't think this points to scum but it doesn't give any big red flags to me.
means you have me as a null read, are there any slots yet you have a solid idea on ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'm going to walk straight into this but anyway. Fortunately for me I'm not frustrated any more.
Why walk into it , were you taking the question as a joke ?

What had you frustrated, the fact that Kary and I have nailed your alignment ?

Just keep loading them Kary... I really enjoy shooting myself XD

Nah, I'm finally town for once.
Why would a townie enjoy shooting themselves ?

I know you say later "for ****'s and giggles " and this suggest you didn't take the questions seriously , is this because you didn't think Kary meant them legitimately or because you read them as a standard RVS type questioning ?

Badwolf, why walk into the loaded question?

Kary, what's with the loaded questions? Are you trying to incriminate before a person even gives an answer?

What sort of vibes do you get from Karys line of questions and do Badwulf's answers seem legitimate to you ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I had no idea this was going to start before 20 was over, lol. Sorry for being late

Confirmed
Thoughts so far ?

Is the current BW wagon of interest to you ?

How should we treat inactives in this small of a game ?

I am in favour of establishing inactivity will result in a lynch should we have no other solution that day, but only do this one day. Would you agree or disagree with this plan ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

A quick mod note to anyone. Your mod loves putting flavor into games. Please let me know if you want me to change the title so it is a bit more professional if you are confused.

Please click the links that I make in posts! Megaman Zero has an awesome soundtrack and you won't be dissapointed!!!!!
Request title be made into :

Newbie Megaman Mafia D1, The Departure.

BSP

Smash Legend
@BSP: Your question suggests you think there is a reason he would walk into them.

Y / N ?

Elaborate if Yes
I didn't have any reasons for walking into a loaded question in mind when I asked Badwolf that.

Now that we're on the subject, I could think about it. I'd imagine you'd just be placing more doubt onto yourself (in the case of the question Kary asked, it implies Badwolf is scum, as Kary explained.), which is bad no matter what side you're on (unless you're a fool trying to get lynched).

What sort of vibes do you get from Karys line of questions and do Badwulf's answers seem legitimate to you ?

At the bare minimum, questions point towards town since you are trying to put more information out. I'm not really getting a negative vibe from Kary's questions.

As for Badwolf's answers: again, I think we're in RVS, so I think he was legitimately just messing around with that answer. Let me say it wouldn't be part of my reasoning for marking him as scum if I ever do so.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
1)

Why do you deflect by making the IF so noticeable ?
Why not simply say : Were i to be scum I would want an IC to buddy ?
Not really deflecting but whatever. Um, I didn't want some ******* idiot to go "Go my god you just claimed scum! *Kill frenzy*"

2)

Why make such a big deal over having your computer on ?

Gheb wasn't even applying any pressure to you, he was just being advice dog about answering vs. not answering.
Why did you feel the need to say It seems like your over-reacting when someone even mentions your name.
I had already posted about it. The fact that he kept on it annoyed me. I get a little irked when bothered about the same thing more than once.

3)

What makes my gameplay "spaz" ?
Also why are already attempting to discredit my scum read on you even if it is a RVS read ?

It would have been just as easy to say : No , Rake's push does not feel legitimate , but instead you take the time to call it me being "spaz". Again it seems a tad aggressive for this stage in the game.
You are making your gameplay spazzy. The fact that you went off on Ori then jumped on me was spazzy. Granted i do play a little aggro but that's not a read is it?

4) What sort of red-flags would make you take more notice , is Kary line of loaded questions more of a red-flag or do you have a list of "this is what I should watch for " ?

I take it that means you have me as a null read, are there any slots yet you have a solid idea on ?
Rephrase the first question. I don't understand it.

Nah, not yet...

Why walk into it , were you taking the question as a joke ?
Well considering he actually stated that it was a loaded question while asking it, yeah I treated it like a joke.

What had you frustrated, the fact that Kary and I have nailed your alignment ?
Nah, frustrated at the over abundance of scum roles. Not any more.

Why would a townie enjoy shooting themselves ?
Why would a scum shoot themselves?

I know you say later "for ****'s and giggles " and this suggest you didn't take the questions seriously , is this because you didn't think Kary meant them legitimately or because you read them as a standard RVS type questioning ?
Nah, I don't take RVS seriously at all. This is my **** around part of the game.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Sorry for my lack of posting today guys. I was doing landscaping from like 7:30am-11:00pm (EST) so right now i am fuggin dead. I'll try to catch up, but i may doze off in the process. Lets hope something exciting happened.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

SUICIDE BOMB: PrivateJokerBrown

Good game guy but your obv scum with this "oh so townie act"

Might as well claim out before Soup flips your scum role and i get my MVP

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Randomly lynching somebody seems like too high of a risk for me, so I'm going to have to side with BSP on this one. I know 5 : 2 doesn't sound like a bad ratio, but we could accidentally lynch the Bodyguard or Watcher on day one.

Vote: No Lynch
What makes you think we're lynching somebody on random?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rake, you should take a chill-pill. Have you even read through Badwolf's posts and tried to understand whether his points make sense from a townie point of view? You're not trying to actually convince people either. Being a ****head to him for the sake of it is not convincing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There is no clear line when RVS starts or ends. Asking "are we still in RVS?" is pointless and ultimately irrelevant. A lot of experienced players choose to skip it entirely or get out of it asap. Rake has offered us a platform of discussion that's beyond mere random voting - joining it will cause RVS sooner and serious discussion is always better than RVS.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Rake: I really think you need to go through and edit your posts before you make them, because a lot of the points you raise / questions you ask seem to be similar, and it basically waters down your line of questioning. More information isn't necessarily better for town; it depends on the quality of that information.

@everyone: Do you think it is likely that Rake and Badwolf are mafia partners?

@Ori_bro: who should I be voting for?

Vote: Ori_bro

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

bah Soup lol.
@Gheb : its entirely possible that after reading Badwulfs response and the fact that it was based off RVS, that i now have a different opinion of Badwulf.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kary, a Rake/Badwolf scum team would be interesting I haven't looked much into Badwolf and only a few passing glances at Rake's post. I think a deeper look into Rake could benefit town right now.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well this game certainly seems like it will be... interesting?

Is anyone else completely not buying this performance being put on by Rake? His cocky attitude and constant jumping around back and forth between several targets seems like he's just trying too hard to look like he's doing something. All he's really done is call people scum.

@Gheb : its entirely possible that after reading Badwulfs response and the fact that it was based off RVS, that i now have a different opinion of Badwulf.
He's also deliberately not sharing his reads.

Rake wagon ?
Seems legit.

Unvote
Vote: Rake

And why would a townie ever do this?

Unvote
Vote: Rake

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

except that attitude != alignment.

and that i said opinion, not read, there is a distinction between the two.

Gheb already explained what I was doing.

You also failed to answer my questions to you.

As if I really need to add, Unvote

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I didnt' say I thought you were scum cuz of your attitude. I said your attitude was contributing to your appearance of looking busy, but not actually doing anything. Which is true, you haven't done anything. With all your posting, all you've accomplished is an RVS push on Badwolf, that you've yet to justify as anything other than RVS silliness.

And what question? You never asked me any questions.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Thoughts so far ?

I am in favour of establishing inactivity will result in a lynch should we have no other solution that day, but only do this one day. Would you agree or disagree with this plan ?
dese ones

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I wasn't aware those questions were directed at me. Apologies.

Thoughts so far ?
My thoughts so far is that might be trying a little too hard to look busy. This could be nothing, it's still pretty early in the game, but I've made note. I've been a little distracted this game, so I haven't looked at anyone specifically. You just stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm not completely disinterested. The fact that he's pushing so hard with the "I'm finally not scum this game!" line makes me think twice about him. Like I said, I still need to look into people.

I think lynching people for inactivity in a game this small is asking for trouble. We stand to lose too much if they flip town. It's best to deal with it on a case by case basis.

I think it's a fine idea in theory, but I don't think it would actually work in practice. Adhering to a strict plan like that just makes it that much easier for people to manipulate the game.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
What makes you think we're lynching somebody on random?
It is a 7:2 ratio, as Rake corrected me(Thank you for that). That's about a 30% randomly voting. Now I see that, through these questions, you are trying to see through the others to notice scum. However, there is always the chance that, even playing cautiously, the wrong man is lynched. I see it as a risky move with a high reward.

Unless there is, without a doubt in my mind, someone who is scum, then I will proceed to play cautiously for now.

@Rake : It is merely a hunch. I do not like acting on the most minimal of feelings alone.

@ICs : Thanks for explaining the pressure voting. Honestly didn't think of that.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Not really deflecting but whatever. Um, I didn't want some ******* idiot to go "Go my god you just claimed scum! *Kill frenzy*"
Why would you have to worry about this if you could make your township shine through ?

And it would be pure WIFOM to boot.

I had already posted about it. The fact that he kept on it annoyed me. I get a little irked when bothered about the same thing more than once.

But it wasnt even about you being on, it was advice dog about answering vs not answering , there wasn't really a need for that reaction , do you see what I am saying ?

You are making your gameplay spazzy. The fact that you went off on Ori then jumped on me was spazzy. Granted i do play a little aggro but that's not a read is it?
But i never went off on Ori 0_0

Nah, frustrated at the over abundance of scum roles. Not any more.
So town should be easy after all the scum roles right ?

Nah, I don't take RVS seriously at all. This is my **** around part of the game.
So do you get anything out of RVS

Top Bottom