• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Reps

Which character from Megaman is most likely to get in?

• Sage Harpuia

• Hidden Phantom

• Fairy Leviathan

• Fighting Fefnir

• Copy X

• Chill Penguin

• Spark Mandrill

• Sting Chameleon

• Vent/Aile

• Axl

• Sigma

• Redips

• Weil

• Crash (no, not Bandicoot. Anyone who played Megaman Zero 4 knows who this is.)

• And last but definitely not least, Vile.

Results are only viewable after voting.

bowserx19

Smash Rookie
In the Direct on 8/8/18, we saw Zero is now an assist trophy (still salty about that) and it played the Highway Theme from Megaman X was playing in the background. This means that they are venturing into more of the Megaman Franchise. This raises the question, might we get another Megaman Character? Yes, I know the chances are slim, but with a popular character like Zero being confirmed as an assist trophy and us having Megaman X music now, it's not impossible. Also, it's fairly obvious that Smash Ultimate is taking on a Heroes vs. Villains theme. So... Which Megaman Character do you think is most likely to make it?

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I personally would want Vile as a new rep for MegaMan. He, (at least in the newer installments) has a unhealthy desire to be better then X.

He even started to get even more cruel against Mavricks that even his other hunter allies started to consider him unhinged.
And later on, he became a Marvick, under the ploy of Sigma because of X.

He is, (besides Sigma) is a reoccurring villain in the X-series that you could even play as in the PSP issue of Mega Man X.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Zero is the best and most logical choice.

-Represents both the X and Zero series without having the problem of overlapping with Rock like the Marth/Ike/Chrom debacle
-One of the most popular Mega Man characters, period, if not the most popular
-Shows up frequently in other crossovers

Now that he's an Assist Trophy I expect this to be the final roster of Mega Man characters: :ultmegaman:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Where's Roll and Dr. Wily? I found Roll hillarious in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, so I would probably pick her.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
None of the options listed in the poll even remotely have a chance at being considered, either due to lack of popularity (Vent/Aile, Vile) or not being playable protagonists in their own subseries (nearly everyone else).

I don't expect Mega Man to get much in regards to new content in general, let alone in the playable character department. However... it would be an absolute waste to throw out Mega's customs from 4 as they were arguably some of the best.

That said, with Proto Man and Bass out of the running (especially Bass... he was my pick for a new Classic rep/semi-clone), the only one I can think of is Roll. She was Mega's "echo" in MvC, a series Sakurai is very aware of, and also made a playable appearance alongside Zero in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii. She's shown herself being capable of using some of the Robot Master weapons, and she even has her own Roll Buster. I still don't consider her likely in the slightest, but I guess there's still some reasoning on the offchance she did make it.

Concerning the Heroes vs. Villains theme, I would like for Dr. Wily in any of his Wily Machines/Capsules to be a boss... but I still doubt it. Best case scenario, they promoted Elec Man from AT to boss.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I run the Roll thread (as a Mega Man Echo) and we've got about 20 supporters.

Feel free to come around and add your names to the list.

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Since Protoman,Bass,and Zero are out here are my choices
Classic: Roll or Dr.Wily using Different Robot Masters like Pokemon Trainer
X: Sigma,Vile,Chill Penguin,Boomer Kuwanger,Sting Chameleon,Magma Dragoon
Legends: Tron Bonne
Battle Network: Bass EXE,GutsmanEXE, NumbermanEXE, SharkmanEXE ,Killerman/ErasemanEXE ,VideomanEXE,LasermanEXE,CosmomanEXE,BowlmanEXE
Megaman Zero: Megaman Zero,Anubis,Fefnir,Harpuia
ZX: Serpent
StarForce: Harp Note

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Sigma's the only one I recognize so I guess he wins

D

Deleted member

Everyone is either disconfirmed (Zero, Proto Man, Bass, etc.), unlikely (Roll, Tron, Wily, etc), or I just can't imagine a situation where they'd actually get in (almost anyone else that I haven't listed).

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Proto Man would have been the obvious choice for echo, and Zero would have been the obvious choice for newcomer, so probably nobody.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I'm reaching really hard, but the almost impossible newcomer would be Rockman Zero.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Honestly I think that none of the characters in the poll have chances.

Protoman, Zero, Bass maybe, but they seem to be deconfirmed already (right?).

So I think that the only options are Roll and a different version of Megaman (Megaman X or Megaman.EXE), and out of them, for some reason, I think that Megaman.EXE is the one with the biggest chance, mainly because of the Mii costume in Smash 4 (that they mentioned it was made due to request of the fans, if I remember well).

99% of chance that it would be an echo, though it has potential of havng original gameplay too, based on the most common/iconic battlechips.
But even that is probably not happening.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Where's Dr. Wiley? Cause him.
Yeah, Wily would be awesome even though the chance is nonexistent. Riding around in a Wily Capsule and his moves utilizing his Robot Masters would be awesome. Down Special using Flash Man and his Time Stopper as a counter, Side Special using Quick Man and his Quick Boomerangs, etc. Awesome in theory, impossible in practice.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Yeah, Wily would be awesome even though the chance is nonexistent. Riding around in a Wily Capsule and his moves utilizing his Robot Masters would be awesome. Down Special using Flash Man and his Time Stopper as a counter, Side Special using Quick Man and his Quick Boomerangs, etc. Awesome in theory, impossible in practice.
As I said before! They could just easily make Wily a echo fighter for Bowser Jr. (Such A Thing Shouldn't be too difficult to pull off)!

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Without Zero or X... Hmm... Either Sigma or Axl have the most recurring appearances, I think? Sigma was just in a crossover fighting game, too.

But I voted Axl, I just love that dork. I hope he gets an Assist Trophy (...or at least a regular trophy)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
With Proto Man, Bass, X and Zero all given NPC Roles, the only characters I could see having a chance are Roll, Tron Bonne and, to a lesser extent, Sigma.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Sigma is still an awesome villain.

In reality, both viable choices got sealed inside of his Final Smash, and Roll just wouldn't hype the same way. But Mega Man is perfectly fine being alone.

Top Bottom