• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 1/6 at 11:59 PM EST

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
^ is legit, can confirm
how did you know that gorf was legit? Why back him here instead of letting things play out as if a gambit?
Vote: Joey
Why not?
whered this vote xome from?
Because it's making the game around (no offense) two bigheads how it is which will drown out the whole dayphase, from how I saw it, and frankly I'm not up to reading that because what Gorf is doing right now is not indicative of alignment and I honestly don't think Ryker's reaction will be either because I figure this is something he's used to by now and he's not like some noob who would flip out and lose his **** over something like this. Would you agree?

wrt Maven: because I want it to be? I want town to agree with me because I would to think that I have best interests and want to vocalize what directions I think are good for town. That's it.
You think gorfs thing telling now? Does your thing about maven stand?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
misread my role pm, thought i simply had to pm the mod.

shoot dramatic flair
This is the tale of little IceMan.

There was a small Navi with a command over the frost. His power was great when it came to the matters of the cold, often freezing portions of the internet just because he could. His NetOp was nice and a caring dad, though sometimes going too far to protect his own. Like that time he joined WWW just because Wily threatened his son. Thankfully those days are behind him and now little IceMan just roams the internet without sinister motive anymore. He helps people here. He helps people there. He does the right thing because he cares.

He got shot dead, deleted in cold blood.

----

Dramatic Flair (#HBC | Ryker, Raziek), IceMan.EXE/Dr. Froid, Town Cryonics Expert has been slain

So many better shots...so much wasted time.

Gonna reread the whole game tomorrow if I can.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Remind me to never play in another game with Gorf.

What a ****ty shot holy ****. Catching up now.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I lost a lot of motivation for mafia with that shot. Like, there couldn't have been a worse shot you could have made.

Like, why would you shoot Raziek over me? You don't even read my ****ing posts and you were scum reading me, yet you shot Raziek, who is way more beneficial to town than I am.

**** this. I'll be back later.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Crappy shot with a crappy outcome.

You think gorfs thing telling now? Does your thing about maven stand?
He's probably town given his actions even if I probably will ignore what he ahs to say and his slot indefinitely due to that shot however. I don't know, Maven hasn't really given enough of anything and I'm kind of waiting on him (and a lot of people). Could you out some reads for me?

Let me go full circle and answer some people while I still can bear to look at the thread.

#HBC | ѕoup

JD said:
It must not have been all that remarkable becuase I don't remember it specifically other than you joined the wagon, but it also must not have been very damning either if I'm "dissipating" as well.
This post tells me that you didn't read my post at all because you don't understand the context in which I said it was dissipating, or the fact that I said that I wanted more pressure on you because I think it's a good wagon. I'm confused about your Vult approach and I think you're cherrypicking but that's just me.

S2 said:
You're right that there's a lot of waiting in this game. I'm waiting for JDietz to take an opinion on someone/thing that isn't a null read, and is someone that he wasn't asked to take an opinion specifically on.
What do you think of his Vult read now that he's made it?

FullMetalLynch

vults vote on dietz is gross

fandagox's direction on vult seems really put together

vult and fandagox might be scum together\

vult's vote on him was so weak

it's like he's building the stairs but voting like he has the house

dont like vult tryinmg to hang onto jd

FullMetalLynch

gorf's shot was gross but he's likely town, liking soup and zozo as he posts more

FullMetalLynch

gimme a couple minutes to pull up posts, the l;ong and short of it is basically hat fandangox's reasons to be pursuing vult seemed like something like from mypov a scum mate might latch to, because they have knowledge the other is scummy they nitpick arguably null things, but then pushing them into scum tells. Once i have posts i'll be able to have more detail but from what i've been reading it really seems like fandangox made the type of posts he did basically to just reposnd with reason enough to be on vult about it. gave me a lot of doubt that fandangox was town and moreso as i saw vult's response, fandangox's side is moreso though, which im noting now so that you dont get the impression one is dependant on the other

FullMetalLynch

you could "catch" more players ignoring it or or find out whether a player would respond to it without your prompting them.

does gorf's behavior really surprise you?

whoa whoa whoa are you rolefishing me?? that's very scummy you know...
this first part by vult is pretty weak, it's obvious fandangox isn't rolefishing but taken with a grain of salt im willing to elt it slide, however
Well you are still voting him despite you apparently changing your mind, you say you don't know where else to put your vote right now. What do you think about Soup's calling out maven's post? Jdietz's first post?

Yes? Literally the very first post of the game and he already claimed a power role and targeted a specific player, how's that not surprising? I've played only a few games here, but Gorf has been in all of them and I didn't think he'd pull off a stunt like that so early.

Don't be daft, if you have any sort of ability or information your post right there made that clear to every one, I am merely asking if you are joking or not. Even your response to Nabe doesn't clarify nor deny if you are being serious or not.

I get it that you found it awkward, but what specifically? That doesn't gives us much to get into.
Fandangox's answer is pretty dancy from the outset, it seems like he's trying to scum read vult for not ousting his information by having bits like " Don't be daft, if you have any sort of ability or information your post right there made that clear to every one, I am merely asking if you are joking or not. Even your response to Nabe doesn't clarify nor deny if you are being serious or not. " it's not direct confrontation, more like passive confrontation prettied up a bit.

Why do you think I should clarify?

:glare:
Okay, its obvious now what you were trying to do. However you are not thinking critically about this.

I was questioning your behavior because it was confusing, Look at the context of my questions and why I asked them. I still have no strong leans on anyone even despite Gorf's post basically eliminating any sort of RVP, I am just questioning and seeing where everyone's head is at.

I was questioning you because as I said, I was really confused about what you were hoping to gain out of your post had I thought you were scum I would have just voted you. Of course I was concerned about the timing, that's what made me initially dismiss your post as a joke, it was your behavior later that confused me and made me reconsider. I also brought up that it was bad play to back up the claim there because it does actually hurt the town, in that situation it would have been better to wait to see what Gorf's gambit was (since you'd know they are legit) and see Ryker's response and then backup their claim, backing up their claim there only gives Ryker the possibility to rethink their options.
These two posts are also weird inside a box because it stils feels like fandangox is creating reasons to disagree or fight with / try to scum read vult, he's still dancing around direct confrontation of saying vult's refusal to comment was scummy (which it technically was because fandangox's point about the inforamtion being null if he actually joked about it is true) It seems like fandangox is kinda trying even in this post to find a reason to vote vult without having a direct confrontation out of it.

FullMetalLynch

like i said, it seems like he's just putting together his read on vult more than actually reading him, thinking it over:

vote : fandangox

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
how did you know that gorf was legit? Why back him here instead of letting things play out as if a gambit?
because I saw an opportunity to stir the pot immediately when the game started. I like antics at the beginning of the game and also I like picking on Ryker because we have history.

this first part by vult is pretty weak, it's obvious fandangox isn't rolefishing but taken with a grain of salt im willing to elt it slide, however
um, DUH it's obvious he wasn't rolefishing. I said that mostly because I was trying to gauge how serious he was with his questions. I thought there was no way ANYone could have taken Gorf's and my claims seriously... so when he comes along asking questions like he's all concerned about my behavior I was trying to figure out if he was faking it.

like i said, it seems like he's just putting together his read on vult more than actually reading him, thinking it over:

vote : fandangox
I don't disagree with this...

gorf's shot was gross but he's likely town
what was town about his shot

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
The way he got on my case but refused to respond to comments back with anything but a dissmisive smiley and then let Inglorious ******* do all the work only to later say "Everything IR said is what I meant by my silence" has left a bad taste in my mouth.
I was frustrated that everyone and their mother was acting like they have no idea why we were voting you because it was obvious (Gorf noticed it on a cursory read for goodness sake) AND I didn't want to elaborate on it because I wanted to give more time to see how more players would react to the wagon without my explaining it. (ie. find out if more any players would be like "Derr this wagon is dumb and I don't get it???") which would become relevant if you flipped scum later.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vult, ... who's scum?
Remind me to get back to this q tomorrow... there is enough info now for me to post some reads. I just have to reread a little.

This does not line up. ******* explanation in 222 consider JDietz's recent posts (at the time) which weren't all around then. So what WAS your issue with Dietz that evening? I might be missing something.
iirc IR went into more depth than I had thought about Dietz at the point I cast the vote - you are right. I was initially only considering that he was not commenting on relevant issues at the time of his post, ignoring them completely. It was a decent game-opening vote that I liked more

safe for the last point this post is horrible
no it isn't. if you really thought that you would point out why.

considering whether players have scumhunting perspectives is important to my reads. to me, it's very striking that Fand was merely asking for 'clarification' and gauging whether I made a 'mistake' rather than accusing me more directly.

you are bandwagoning on a safe opinion because 'good' players called my post weak. stop.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
wait a minute...

DONT tell me i just found a way to coast on a clear! cuz sheeeeeeeeeit thats dope af!

btw the shot was made because rykers one of the few players who i perceive as a threat and better than me and he didnt comply with my demands. sometimes calling a bluffs the right move. sometimes its not. or maybe sometimes doing something just cuz you have the power to is stupid.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Vote: Vult Redux

We have a bit more than a day left until deadline. Can we lynch Vult? If not, can we at least settle for Ryu or Maven or some other worthless slot that I'm probably not even aware of being in this game at all?

#HBC | ѕoup

Is there really only a day left until deadline? What an uneventful day. You don't scum-read JD anymore IR?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Don't expect anything from me with finals tomorrow btw, I'll be just sheeping what people are doing at this point or voting myself if it comes down to it.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote: Vult Redux

We have a bit more than a day left until deadline. Can we lynch Vult? If not, can we at least settle for Ryu or Maven or some other worthless slot that I'm probably not even aware of being in this game at all?
but the vult wagon is bad. the only valid reasons ("he didn't try to convince people of Fand hard enough" is NOT valid when I hadn't posted between my Fand vote and when you said that) are that I'm tied to Fand but in that case Fand is clearly more suspicious (does he have reads even??? iirc some posts ago he said he was pretty much neutral towards everybody. I mean come on.).

if that there's a 'bit more than a day' left before deadline was a concern to you, you shouldn't be switching off the bigger, more established wagon in favor of the more questionable one.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 1.2

1. DF:
2. FML: Dietz > Fanny
3. Soup: Dietz
4. Ruy:
5. Maven:
6. Stew: Vult > Dietz
7. ZoZo: Soup > Dietz
8. IR: Dietz > Vult
9. Dietz: Nabe > Vult
10. Joey: Gorf >
11. Vult: Dietz > Fanny
12. Nabe: Joey
13. Gorf: Joey
14. Fanny:

Count
Dietz (3): Soup, Stew, ZoZo
Joey (2): Nabe, Gorf
Fanny (2): Vult, FML
Vult (2): Dietz, IR

Not voting: Ruy, Maven, ZoZo, Joey, Fanny

Deadline is Monday, December 15th at 11:59 PM EST! With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Prodding Maven.

Considering deadline extension per finals.

:186:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
... nor has he tried to draw other players' attention onto it which makes it look even weaker.
this is the comment I was referencing above.

seriously WHAT??? This makes literally NO SENSE and is completely invalid. Like, I posted some problems I had with Fand and voted him some evening before I go to sleep, then I take a short hiatus because I was busy, and then you say this BEFORE I had a chance to POST AGAIN.

you are out of control gheb.

But right now it looks like Vult is just poking him for the sake of it while not digging into any of the other subjects at hand.
but that's not true. Fand really stood out to me which I why I took particular time to focus on him. I explained why yesterday, but to repeat myself: it stands out that Fand was the only player going 'gee, gotta wonder if gorf is legit or not... and that vult is confusing'.
(The fact that Gorf turned out to actually be dayvig is irrelevant [unless someone has any reason to think otherwise???] because he made the claim during the non-serious rvs stage and probably intended to be taken half-seriously)

I've also NOT been ignoring "any other subjects at hand" (okay, admittedly I haven't given a wide breadth of attention... for example I haven't read soup or joey at all, and haven't had a chance to talk much about why I think we shouldn't let Gorf off the hook. I am producing decent content though.), ESPECIALLY not to the extent of some other players.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I have to check out for now. I have a ton of time to post tomorrow, and will try check in again tonight.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Request deadline extension

I'm STILL livid with Gorf. I think I'm just going to put his account on ignore and start a reread from the beginning of the game, because reading a single thing from him has pissed me off more than anything I've seen in mafia recently.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was frustrated that everyone and their mother was acting like they have no idea why we were voting you because it was obvious (Gorf noticed it on a cursory read for goodness sake) AND I didn't want to elaborate on it because I wanted to give more time to see how more players would react to the wagon without my explaining it. (ie. find out if more any players would be like "Derr this wagon is dumb and I don't get it???") which would become relevant if you flipped scum later.
Well, you should've immediately understood it wasn't obvious when I personally asked and Sold immediately responded with:

vult I'm not even going to pretend to not understand what you're going on about I just plain don't understand it.
Sold found his own separate reason afterwards, but it was definitely a request for elaboration that went unanswered until IR made a more substantial opinion of his own. Furthermore I don't think Gorf should be your shining example of town immediately getting it... Last point is fair, but is open to the same hands-off problem of you latching on to someone else's observations rather than making your own. I can understand why you might think that me poking Ryker isn't handling the issues at hand if you don't know our relationship, but leaving the dislike completely blank so I could never respond to it isn't okay and lets you get away with random mudslinging to see what sticks.

safe for the last point this post is horrible
no it isn't. if you really thought that you would point out why.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
vult and fandagox might be scum together
That's an angle I hadn't considered. I'm not sure if it lines up at all, but truth be told I should read Fanny harder for scum intent over assuming he's dumb.

gorf's shot was gross but he's likely town, liking soup and zozo as he posts more
I don't agree at all. Gorf's shot is an extremely salty dumb social justice null that spilled over into a game. What makes it town of all the possible options?

FullMetalLynch

That's an angle I hadn't considered. I'm not sure if it lines up at all, but truth be told I should read Fanny harder for scum intent over assuming he's dumb.

I don't agree at all. Gorf's shot is an extremely salty dumb social justice null that spilled over into a game. What makes it town of all the possible options?
Rake posted that but i can gove you the pov on the second and look through fb for the prior
Gorfs shot itself was null. I can buy him wanting to shoot ryker over what he did to mp2 maf, but i refuse to believe that was the whole part of it. Rake iirc believes gorf wouldnt ballsout shoot razker like that as scum with all the attention he brought upon it.
My side i think gorf is a dumbass but thats not indicative of anything. I dislike how he pulled up to the shot and i despise his refusal to give allthe reasons because gorf isnt spiteful enough to wreck something over a thing that happened like a year plus ago

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm making it clear that I was 100% serious about putting Gorf on my ignore list. I do not see any of his posts, I do not see any of his posts quoted by others, and I will not show his ignored comments. I'm 100% done with him this game. Take that as you will.

Vote: Vult

I'm not a fan of the way you're handling Fan at all. I also don't like the fact that you said the things you did about him, and then follow it up with this:

I should clarify that I'm not jumping off the Dietz wagon and I am still there in spirit. I also am not suggesting that I would prefer to lynch Fand over him.

My vote switch is because I was concerned about the game lagging and wanted to mix something up (in your words... give it a "spark").

this is also @ whoever else mentioned that they don't like my switch

That's not to say that my vote is meaningless. I DO think that the direction of Fand's questions are problematic. I think it's pretty clear at this point (it was probably clear was I first said it too...) that I don't know anything about Gorf's role. Fand is the only player who is still focused on it - and not for the right reasons.
I don't like this last paragraph at all. The fact that you don't know anything about Gorf's role is reason why people would want to question it in the first place, and the fact that he was confused about his slot explains perfectly how he handled yours. I don't like the fact that you say that you were trying to mix something up in order to stop the game from lagging, yet you don't continue the discussion you used to create this.

I also don't like that your vote is still on Fand after saying that he's not your preferred lynch choice, especially as close to deadline as we are. You're pushing his lynch over Jdietz now as well. Did your read on Fand strengthen since this post was made?

Top Bottom