• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaFox? Best fox so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
TBH the Fox in those videos didn't seem to be playing that well.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Megafox has done really well and actually utilizes all the tech being found right now. Is he the best Fox maybe not but he is an exciting player for sure.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Fox does fine against Sheik ... even matchup.
I'm actually really curious why you think it's even Gheb. I personally think it's bad for Fox.

And yeah, Megafox is really good. He's very patient, I saw a vid of him playing against a Little Mac player in the Mac boards. Analyzing that vid helped me with the matchup. I dunno if he's the best... we need to consider Nakat too.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Megafox is a very talented patient fox player, but I don't think he's the best player, we can consider him one of the best fox players. We can consider Nakat and Zero since he mains fox now.

Last edited:

TKD

Smash Lord
Fox always had a slight advantage vs Sheik. With the 1.0.4 update, now he probably destroys her.

I have a feeling that every top Brawl player will do just as well in the WiiU game. The game is just too similar; everyone that places high in local tournaments here in Tijuana is a Brawl ranker that moved to 3DS.

Last edited:

Woker!

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Sheik now has less kill power! some guy said that Fox got better hitboxes with the new update, and I think now Fox´s dthrow has less knockback, so yeah, if this is true, fox can combo a lot better now.
Sheik, Rosalina and Yoshi got nerfed, so thats good news to us Fox mains :D

TKD

Smash Lord
I wish nothing happened to Sheik. Fox and DDD already beat her... now she has really bad match-ups :/ I hope she's still good; she's very fun to watch imo

Last edited:

RPK

Smash Lord
I do love all of the B-stick tricksies that she can do involving her needles as well as all the edge canceling shenanigans involving her bouncing fish.

Jtails

Smash Lord
I wish nothing happened to Sheik. Fox and DDD already beat her... now she has really bad match-ups :/ I hope she's still good; she's very fun to watch imo
You really think fox destroys Sheik? if so how does the match up play out generally?

M@v

Subarashii!
Megafox and I need to play more friendlies, especially since the wii u version wont be holding anyone back.

TKD

Smash Lord
You really think fox destroys Sheik? if so how does the match up play out generally?
It's two light characters pressuring each other hard with Sheik's good approach and Fox's good punishment. Projectile war Sheik has to crawl to Fox I guess since lasers outrange and outdamage needles. Both combo well but Fox has a better damage output and Sheik had trouble killing even before .0.4 as long as her opponent was aware of downb and tipper usmash.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Are there any videos of you up TKD?
Watching your matches helped me level up my brawl fox heaps back in the day and I remember talking to m2k and he was really afraid of ever having to play you if you came to the states.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Megafox won TGC 2 a 131 man tournament here in Houston yesterday.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I was getting texts from some people there saying that he was destroying everyone. Can't wait for the vids to come out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think megafox doing well is the result of two things. First, him being good. Second, everybody else being bad.

:059:

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Trela is a good player and only got 5th. I know vids will be up soon. So we can see first hand

TKD

Smash Lord
There are no vids and there probably won't; I played Fox for like 4 melee years and 4 brawl years; I really don't see myself maining him again. Plus, people are actually playing him in this game so he doesn't need my help.

TKD

Smash Lord
Yeah he got super good; I'm glad he's the "good Fox" and not Zero who just claims to be a good Fox haha

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what about yui, he's still around I'm pretty sure, anyone seen any vids of him?

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
He's beaten Dabuz who is ranked #3 so that speaks volumes for his skill level
  1. Why revive a thread which is over a year old? What was being talked about before is now almost irrelevant and it clutters the forum.
  2. Dabuz is maybe #3 in US but it's very debatable that he's #3 globally. I don't think there are official rankings at this stage.
  3. The title of best Fox is very debatable, for example Larry or Megafox possibly know the character best but ZeRo's Fox is probably scariest overall due to his crazy fundamental strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom