• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega "Oh Man"

D

Deleted member

GENO IS A NINTENDO OWNED CHARACTER.

Anyway, Megaman has been with Ninty since the beginning and is insanely popular in Japan. Its a no brainer really, and on the level of leaving Link out of Brawl.

Choosing non-populairst votes is for Nintendo franchises only, Sakurai.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
If you like Megaman. dont read the spoiler below.

Sora > Megaman

Sory Megafans. Megaman may not (probably wont) be in, and, that leaves the Top Third Party spot to alot of people
Sora.
and Almost anyone could get it.

mcs

Smash Cadet
well...it still could be possible. i mean we dident kno that sonic was in until the dojo update. so we just have to wait.

FINALLY! no more mega-man But hoping for cloud strife from kingdom hearts chain of memories or Sigfried from Soul calibur legends.
zhnlolfhswroflskgbacon WHA?!?!?!

Sora > Megaman

Sory Megafans. Megaman may not (probably wont) be in, and, that leaves the Top Third Party spot to alot of people Sora. and Almost anyone could get it
good point. though megaman has been on more nintendo systems. sora does have popularity so he might get in.

ps: anyone have a link to the poll results for characters?

Yeah Cause I miss the part where Sora is a gaming Icon and is the most wanted 3rd party, seriously sora>megaman? BS all over it...
@mcs: if sora has more popularity, how come megaman is currently the most wanted 3rd party?
hmmm......good point.

Stryks

Smash Hero

Sora > Megaman

Sory Megafans. Megaman may not (probably wont) be in, and, that leaves the Top Third Party spot to alot of people
Sora.
Yeah Cause I miss the part where Sora is a gaming Icon and is the most wanted 3rd party, seriously sora>megaman? BS all over it...
@mcs: if sora has more popularity, how come megaman is currently the most wanted 3rd party?

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
No, he's not, did you ever beat Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga? Geno is credited to Square-enix in the credits.

Anyways, CD-I reference:
Nintendo:"Sonic is under attack by the evil forces of SEGA I'm going to put him in Brawl to save him!"
Capcom:"But Nintendo, what if Megaman isn't in brawl?"
Nintendo:"If you don't hear about it within a month, send DLC"

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm hoping, praying that he'll be playable since he is an iconic character. I still plan to get the game regardless of his appearance or not, but out of all the other 3rd party characters he had the best chance.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm hoping, praying that he'll be playable since he is an iconic character. I still plan to get the game regardless of his appearance or not, but out of all the other 3rd party characters he had the best chance.
I mean, whos more deserving than good ol Mega huh? Furthermore, saying that he's iconic is a huge understatement. And yeah, even if he....dare I say it....isn't on the game, I'll still get Brawl as well.

sento0

Smash Rookie
Um this may be totally useless but it appears as if Zero from the megaman X will be making an apperance for on a movie posted friday there is a moment where you see a character with a green laser sword cutting through some enemies

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
I'm going with Starphoenix's statement on this. Probably because I think I'm in denial (yes, I admit it) but until a final roster is posted, I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i would only like classic megaman in. the new megaman is just........******** to me. only 30 or so days until we get the roster....going by so slow....

WOOT!! POST 100!!!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hate the fact that everyone jumps to conclusions.

Untill the Dojo says it, keep speculating!
Exactly.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga begs to argue. He's a Mario character who stared Super MArio RPG, but he's Square Enix-owned. If Sakurai DOESN'T go out of his way for Mega Man anyways, why will he go for a minor character who has no popularity compared to Mega Man for a third party spot=??? Square Enix would have HAD TO approach Sakurai, if that were the case. Also, Sakurai is obviously not a idiot, and obviously would have asked Mega Man to join the Super Smash Bros. Brawl roster-the ultimate fighting game of all-time, uniting all-stars in one area to fight for the win. Mega Man is the only obvious choice, and if Sakurai choses another character, he is GOING AGAINST THE FANS! He's making it for the fans, not the minorities only. It's not a ALL-STAR 3rd party Brawl without Mega Man, period.

Anyway, Megaman has been with Ninty since the beginning and is insanely popular in Japan. Its a no brainer really, and on the level of leaving Link out of Brawl.

LOL. It's as bad as Smash without Donkey Kong. o_O Mega Man is only the first real 3rd party character that Nintendo launched into a SUPER STAR! Am I the ONLY ONE who remembers Mega Man 7 on the SNES and how big it was=??? And the 2nd was the biggest, anyways! :laugh:

Choosing non-populairst votes is for Nintendo franchises only, Sakurai.

Sora > Megaman

Megaman is a gaming ICON! Sora is a class D icon, and Nintendo fans and fighting fans don't know who the hell he is. Plus, Disney in Brawl=Brawl sounds dumb.

Sora.
Sora is TOTALLY A GAMING ICON! Honestly, his fanbase is 90% n00bs similar to the ones of Waluigi. (no offense) So sure of themselves, yet they fail. Plus why would ANY Disney characters be in Brawl=??? That'd be retarted. Even more then Donald Duck in Kingdom Hearts! >_<

I mean, whos more deserving than good ol Mega huh? Furthermore, saying that he's iconic is a huge understatement. And yeah, even if he....dare I say it....isn't on the game, I'll still get Brawl as well.
QFT. Megaman is the biggest icon not in Brawl. Pacman is dead, so no other continual gaming icons AREN'T in Brawl....unless you extend it to 5th party characters! :laugh: *points at MasteR Chief* Or is he 4th party! :chuckle:

In the end, listen to people with the highest post count. Most of the time, we're right! :p :chuckle: :psycho: Or we'll kill you, and steal your powers, Blue Bomber STYLE! :grin:

Nothing is deconfirmed until:

1. Sakurai says so.
2. Nintendo says so, or some high up person at Nintendo (ie: Reggie Flims-Aimes, Shigeru Miyamoto, Ejii Anouma or Iwata).
3. It's on the Dojo/the Dojo says so.
4. It's not in the final game.

Stop assuming your speculation is fact, stop jumping to conclusions, and start THINING! Go to the smart thread to discuss it, in other words, and stop assuming. Think about it, then post/have your say. And listen to the smart people here who are dominating. K, thanks! :)

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Uhh...yeah...

A Megaman v. Sora flamewar is just ridiculous.

They're both good characters, and trying to compare them is just ridiculous. Just stop it.

If you want to be angry at anyone, direct your anger at Nintendo for not getting the best third-party character ever.

... :(

sento0

Smash Rookie
in all honesty megaman has been more a contiual nintendo user and has a very high probabilty of an appears but judge by Friday's post i think Zero will be representing him

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with the theory that since this podcast happened 3 months ago or whatever, and that it coincides perfectly with the delay being announced almost 2 and 1/2 months ago... they DID delay the game for Megaman!

In any case, this is disheartening, but I will remain hopeful. We'll all know soon enough.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
v v
/. '
___

Not even thought of it?
For shame, Nintendo.

Megaman: DECONFIRMED
Sakurai Reads SWF: DECONFIRMED
The Next Third Party: COMPLETELY UP IN THE AIR
It's a sad day for Smash...

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
hehehe i bet the guy went to nintendo and was like PUT MEGAMAN IN and nintendo was like, we already did: can we use him?

lol

but really, it sounds really... taunting or playful i don't take it seriously

also i love how this topic turned into a noobing sora flame war... sigh....

As er.. cool some people think sora is, one game isn't really enough to make him "an all star" (on nintendo system)

Master chief in brawl would cause massive wii shortage

sento0

Smash Rookie
only problem with MC is he mostly uses guns and nintendo doesn't like that, that's why snake only uses a rocket launcher and gernades instead of pistols and machine guns
(curse you samus and your stun gun)

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Mega man isn't in ... duh. Look at the facts, Sonic is blue. So is megaman! I mean if you played them both you'd get all confused as to who you were playing. I mean, what's next ...

PAPA SMURF FOR BRAWL!

BLUE MAN GROUP FOR BRAWL!

THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE FOR BRAWL!

Look at this way: Sonic showed up. Megaman'll show up. We'll all show up. It'll be anarchy!

(P.S. This comment was not serious.)

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm going with the theory that since this podcast happened 3 months ago or whatever, and that it coincides perfectly with the delay being announced almost 2 and 1/2 months ago... they DID delay the game for Megaman!

In any case, this is disheartening, but I will remain hopeful. We'll all know soon enough.
. . . Do I have to sig that this podcast was made Dec 18th-20th?:ohwell:

Tony_

Smash Ace
Just because Sora got on the poll, doesn't mean he is in. If he didn't get a large popular vote he's pretty much a dead choice.

Also, Kenji dodged the question like Yuji did when he was asked about Sonic. It was pretty much scouted.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Stop lashing out at Sora cause MM got pimp slapped. . .
Sora:

He sings under the sea. In full mermaid gear. With all the main characters from the Little Mermaid.

Tell me how that is awsome, seriously. Sora isn't that great of a character, though Kingdom Hearts is a excellent series.

Megaman: He kills robots. He takes their powers. He kills stuff.

Megaman is GODLY, in other words. AND TAKE NOTHING OUTSIDE OF THE DOJO OR NINTENDO AS FACT! EVER!

No exceptions, ever. Remember "Prepare to Brawl 2007". :p

courte

Smash Lord
so does this solidify geno's spot?? does this confirm 3 3rd party chars??!

Sora:

He sings under the sea. In full mermaid gear. With all the main characters from the Little Mermaid.

Tell me how that is awsome, seriously. Sora isn't that great of a character, though Kingdom Hearts is a excellent series.

Megaman: He kills robots. He takes their powers. He kills stuff.

Megaman is GODLY, in other words. AND TAKE NOTHING OUTSIDE OF THE DOJO OR NINTENDO AS FACT! EVER!

No exceptions, ever. Remember "Prepare to Brawl 2007". :p
megaman loves to take place in soccer and is frequently bullied by other robots as well as an old man.

it's fun to point out only one thing about a charr:smile:

Black/Light

Smash Master
For the last time, Geno doesn't count as a 3rd Party character!!!
Yes he does! And there was never a rule we we get 3 3rd party characters. . . after Snake "1 or 2" was what I remember hearing. So no, this in no way makes another 3rd party slot more likely.

@ Tony_ :No, a character doesn't have to be "high" on the brawl journel to get in. Sonic and PT where not even on the thing.:ohwell:

And no one ever denailed that Sonic was in brawl.

@J1: Stop haten on Sora cause you feel bad about Mega Man. Hate on Snake or MM's dev for not trying to pull a Snake with MM.:p

courte

Smash Lord
For the last time, Geno doesn't count as a 3rd Party character!!!
REALLLLLLLLLLY?! link plz:chuckle:

because i know wiki can't be trusted
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geno_(Super_Mario)#Geno
third paragraph first sentence. That's all i can find, i am not being sarcastic. I would like to see the "rights" or whatever stating geno's ownership... however that is slightly off topic

perhaps nintendo does not want megaman in this iteration of smash i mean he IS most commonly known for projectile attack- {s/img} and who knows what theyre willing to go through after snake?? that was a rhetorical question as only they know. You{anyone on this site} don't know. No one knows.

also unrelated --sora set a standard for which mickey made his bit ch--seriously anyone who doesn't think KH mickey=Yoda must roll a warlock or something keyblade ftw

MEGAJAM

Smash Rookie
i think... we wont see megaman in the game... but something of his world BUT if mega axl or zero r in it lord christ almighty il dribble. lol i wouldent mind a dark cap f returning though

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why I think I can see this:

Tomorrow's Announcement:
Megaman Joins the Brawl!!

The day after tomorrow's Announcement:
New delay. We're trying to make some aspects of the game better so this can be an awesome gaming experience for all of you fans. Sorry for all these delays and thank you. Oh, by the way, the game will be released @ September the 8th at the Americas.

kimchii xD

Smash Cadet
i think... we wont see megaman in the game... but something of his world BUT if mega axl or zero r in it lord christ almighty il dribble. lol i wouldent mind a dark cap f returning though
Sakurai would still need permission to use Zero and Axle. He didnt.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
if geno is second party i can accept him as a character in brawl if he's third then *** that

Black/Light

Smash Master
E-mail Nintendo. Ask about the rights. Apparently Geno is owned by both Nintendo and Square. Which I think that makes him 2nd party.
OOO Reallyy?
Originally Posted by Nintendo representative
Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Sorry that our response was not clear. The characters in the Super Smash Bros game are not all the property of Nintendo. They generally remain the property of the company that originally created them. While Geno and Mallow originally appeared in a game that was marketed by Nintendo, the title was designed and programmed by Square Soft. Geno and Mallow would still remain as the intellectual property of Square-Enix (the current name). Unfortunately, we have not heard any information that would support any rumors of Nintendo acquiring these characters.

Thanks for your email and good luck with all your games!
Intellectual property means IP. . .

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
It's funny people saying how Nintendo would make so much more money if megaman is in brawl but they really wouldn't because Megaman just isn't popular anymore.
And him being in Brawl would be such a great way to make him more popular. That's probably why Inafune was almost begging Nintendo if they could hear the podcast.

I'M NOT IN DENIAL :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

...Anyway. Wait and see. It's not like it will affect the whole game anyway. But we can still hope.

Top Bottom