• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega "Oh Man"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
READ THIS!

Now, speculation, die. Would you say "no comment"=??? NO, that CONFIRMS Megaman in Brawl basically. Saying "you don't know" is the same thing. So lying is the best option out. Read demoncaterpie's post there, and you'll see it. Let's see...Brawl started on a lie. "The director of the game will be none other then Masahiro Sakurai". Ya, Sakurai became the director late that night. It was at Megaman's 20th Anniversary IN JAPAN! At Megaman's 20th Anniversary in America, he said no comment. Funny, eh?

phantomfungus

Smash Rookie
Well, I was never on either side of the double M's inclusion. He would've been cool, but, hey, look on the bright side! This will highten the chance of geno and other 3rd parties!

And for those of you who read my posts in the dojo discussion thread Sakurai unveils more sse teasing (or something like that), I'm still having that same problem, just now I can also post on this thread. What the heck is going on?:confused:

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
im honestly not that much of a fan of third party characters i dont feel like they belong really idk just me sonic nd megaman r the exceptions

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
It's funny people saying how Nintendo would make so much more money if megaman is in brawl but they really wouldn't because Megaman just isn't popular anymore.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Now, speculation, die. Would you say "no comment"=??? NO, that CONFIRMS Megaman in Brawl basically. Saying "you don't know" is the same thing. So lying is the best option out. [...]

At Megaman's 20th Anniversary in America, he said no comment. Funny, eh?
you know... When he said nothing, maybe his intentions were to prevent this situation:

Sakurai said Mega Man wasn't in Brawl on his 20 th anniversary! very appropriated for a place were hundreds of eager fans would burn him live and start a campaign of "I'm not gonna buy Brawl"...

it "can" make sense don't you think?

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
it would make him popular again though. i never would of played a samus game untill n64 or a zelda game, so it definelty boost popularity, and just because he may not be popular doesn't mean he was forgoten

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
READ THIS!

Now, speculation, die. Would you say "no comment"=??? NO, that CONFIRMS Megaman in Brawl basically. Saying "you don't know" is the same thing. So lying is the best option out. Read demoncaterpie's post there, and you'll see it. Let's see...Brawl started on a lie. "The director of the game will be none other then Masahiro Sakurai". Ya, Sakurai became the director late that night. It was at Megaman's 20th Anniversary IN JAPAN! At Megaman's 20th Anniversary in America, he said no comment. Funny, eh?
Oh, cut it out. That in no way confirms megaman. Most of the megaman supporters are in denial.

I'm not trying to offend you or any other megaman supporters though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's funny people saying how Nintendo would make so much more money if megaman is in brawl but they really wouldn't because Megaman just isn't popular anymore.
He has more cult followers then any other characters not in smash already. Sonic isn't popular either, and LOOK AT HIS HYPE! Both have had rather bad games as of late, so ya. His following is still there. Why else is the Megaman thread the most posted on "X Character for Brawl" thread=??? He's a fricken icon, and everyone who knows ANYTHING about video games knows who he is. And if you call yourself a gamer and you don't know who Megaman is, you are a liar!

True facts.

Hippochinfat: NOTHING OUTSIDE OF THE DOJO OR NINTENDO SITES MEAN 100% CONFIRMATION/DECONFIRMATION! Wise up, fast.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Going back with my comment, ask yourself the other situation:

Wasn't very appropriated to say "Mega Man is in Brawl" on his 20th Anniversary?

What I want to explain is don't expect your favorite non-confirmed character to be in... I want cel shaded Link and a Castlevania rep, but I'm trying to don't assume they're in, because Brawl will be an excellent game and I don't want to ruin it with the situation of not seeing them in.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Wow, if they do manage to get him in they will really have to work hard to fit him into everything...Character, SE, Third Party AT's, stickers, trophies, stages, items, any of that stuff, if they manage to get permission for him....they will have to get the WHOLE team working on it

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
the one with the creator af anmal crossing they mention they came up with a character
That one was made up by some guy on Gamefaqs.

the one with the people that work on zelda games about the design of sheik and ganondorf
They just gave them some artwork.

and the one interview of that guy that said luigi was in....
I haven't heard that interview, unless it was that brief snippet of some guy on a video saying that Luigi's in. And anyway, there's no way he's not in.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
Nooooooooooooo00000000000000000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO allll is lostttttt!!!!!!!!

**stab 2 the heart**

platnum

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just had to let it out.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Yay and all that, though I won't get too excited until there is a distinct lack of Megaman all the way up to release day. As has been said numerous times in this thread: "anything can happen".

Well, one thing actually wouldn't happen. The developers would most certainly NOT go and make a Megaman character (or any character they don't own/have direct rights to) without having rights purchased/released, even if they had the intention of asking at some point. Such an act would result in ridiculously large lawsuits, even if the Megaman developers would have wanted him in anyway. The suits up top would go for the money anyway (and heck, so would I... mmm copyright infringement).

I'd also like to say that I'm doubting any character but Master Chief (lulz) could significantly increase the sales of this game: it's been one of the most hyped games in the world for years now. That being said, I'd take a guess and say that the sales increases from Megaman 's inclusion would probably cover - and then some - the liscencing fees Nintendo would have to pay to get him in (once again, I severely doubt the suits would let them "just have him"). But then, I'm not savvy at all to the inner workings of videogame marketing and liscencing...

Wow, could I be anymore on-the-fence with that post (aside from the fact that I don't want Megaman)?

EDIT: Ack! Can somebody fix the d*** NOOOO's in the post above me... Dang page stretching...

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yea the page is annoying, I have to scroll sideways to read posts...

Anyway I am a huge Megaman fan so I am sad to see him not in it BUT I am very curious to see who it will be. I would be happy with Geno but I would really like to see someone unexpected. Not crappy though, just unexpected.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo, what are you thinking?!?

Megaman is one of the most recognizable video game characters in the world. How could you not think to put him in? I actually can't think of better player to fill the third party spot.

This is madness.
I'm being serious, don't anyone dare make a 300 reference here.
THESE! ARE! THE POSSIBLE THIRD THIRD-PARTY CHARACTERS!

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Blaze

Silver

Shadow

*Uses Chuck Norris on whoever suggests anyone else*

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone stopped to consider that he may be LYING? I mean, if Megaman is in the game, the creator wouldn't be shouting it from the roof would he? And Nintendo should have told him to keep it quiet, because this would be very important and they probably are planning the announcement for like... Christmas? IDK. But you certainly didn't hear Sonic Team saying here and there "Sonic will be in Brawl!", they announced him at a certain event the night before his update.

And when was this podcast anyway?, maybe there was enough time as he stated. Was this before the delay? Cause Megaman sure is important enough to delay a game!
sega said before Sonic was reveiled that he "wasn't on the cards at the moment" ala he wasn't in.

I'm not sure what to make of this though, as he sounds sincere that Megaman isn't it... but umm... who's that dang other icon before Sonic. If you believe the theory on alphebetical (as I do) only Rockman, Pikman and Golden Sun (as its japanese name) fit :o

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to see the Megaman fans' dissapointment, but I have to say this makes room for higher chances for Pac-Man. I would say Sakurai hasn't asked yet, but the game is most likely already being packaged right now, so it would be too late for Sakurai to ask, but of course, the creator would say yes, but Sakurai doesn't know this. So all theories cancel each other out.

Also, Pac-Man for BRAWL!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Amy, Shadow and Silver should definetly not be in Brawl, except as AT's at the most. :urg:

Denirio

Smash Rookie
He says im still waiten... as if he's expecting them to come ask...
thats a thinker... :lick:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Sonic the Baron, I hope you're really joking. (Besides Tails or Knuckles)

Then again, it's sometimes hard to tell sarcasm on the internet, sue me D:

D

Deleted member

Sonic the Baron, I hope you're really joking. (Besides Tails or Knuckles)

Then again, it's sometimes hard to tell sarcasm on the internet, sue me D:
I am joking...besides Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I hate to be an optimist, but the whole segment about Mega Man in brawl can be counted truthful, and yet Mega Man still be in Brawl. What if Inafune himself went to Nintendo and asked for Mega Man, as Kojima did with Snake? That way, everything Inafune said is true, but misleading, and ends up telling us nothing.

Maybe he posed it the other way around just to taunt or tease, or it's some kind of formality that needs to be put through. Besides, why would he say he loves Smash Brothers, then taunt the fans with apparently false hopes at the end of the paragraph?

I'll accept it if Mega Man isn't in Brawl, but what a wasted opportunity if not.

Stryks

Smash Hero
THESE! ARE! THE POSSIBLE THIRD THIRD-PARTY CHARACTERS!

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Blaze

Silver

Shadow

*Uses Chuck Norris on whoever suggests anyone else*
U must b joking, cause we ALL know how deserving sega is and sakurai should give the last 3rd party spot no ANOTHER sonic character, I mean look at his 3D games, sega is SO deserving[/sarcasm]

anyway the Blue bomber aint going down without a figth, til proven wrong by sakurai, ill keep on supporting....

Fenrir393

Smash Rookie
Man I played Megaman before I could walk…those were my favorite games. I hope they put him in brawl, i couldnt think of any better third party character.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
I am not too worried about this, remember back in May when Sega said, "Sonic was not on the cards at the moment" and what 5 months later guess what, he is in. Inafune was clever with his wording, he did not say he wasn't in, he said "He has not been contacted."
He plulled a political move, to the untrained ear it sounds like he's out but really he skated around the question. Now he could also be lying, it is not the first time we have been lied too, Sega did it as well with the issue of Sonic being in Brawl. I think Inafune was pulling a Sega on us, notice his last statement, "we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out
for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call." Two things can be derived from this,

1) This was done BEFORE the delay.
2) He is also further clarifying that this sentence is a neither
confirm nor deny statement.

According to another website called thenproject.com, they claimed that a few weeks before the delay Nintendo and Capcom finished a deal for Megaman in Brawl, and that it might be delayed to further work this out. Obviously by the way this statement was done it was a prior Brawl delay interview, however I think NINTENDO wanted this released now to kinda get peoples hopes down so they can turn around and suprise us with Megaman.

Just my thought, after the Sega interview about Sonic in Brawl I have come to not believe any person outside of Sakurai on these things.

YOUKO if you are listening, PLEASE bring this up in Show Me Your News, people need ALL the facts. And the fact is, Sega lied about Sonic in Brawl, Capcom may be doing the SAME THING!

You're talking about this one, right?
http://www.thenproject.com/?p=290

It gives me hope too. XD

Top Bottom