• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me vs. Hades

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's only just two vids that I could get recorded and uploaded, but it's better than nothing.

These were the last 2 matchs of a bof 5, PS1 was my own counter pick chosen out of a personal desicion, I don't know if it's good at all against G&W, but it works against hades and the same goes for the final kill, it was just a hard read I have on him.

Aside that, I would really appreciate any help and I'll be updating hopefuly soon with more vids from next tournament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTM0M-SZfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZCepBixDlk

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, I don't know much about Marth/G&W, but there's a couple things I noticed about the pika match.

First off, you're underusing Marth's up-B OOS. That thing is an amazing tool for reacting to shield pressure, particularly against Pika's low range attacks.

Secondly, the CG on Pika at 0% is actually F-throw x2 -> D-throw -> tipper F-smash, so you can get a little extra damaage there.

Thirdly, I'd advise against using the down variation of dancing blade, as that can be SDI'd out of by a good opponent.

On the whole you seemed to know the matchup decently well. There were some odd choices here and there, but they were either reads that worked out (the occasional random D-air), or things you'll just have to practice (For instance, retreating a fast-falled U-air when the opponent is slightly outside tipper F-air range... in that situation just going straight down with a F-air would probably work better.) The main thing you should work on is zoning, IMO. Pikachu seemed to be right next to you a lot during that match, and you need to keep him at the edge of your sword unless you want to be juggled and edgeguarded to death.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You were over-committing quite a bit against both characters. Stuff like instead of holding your ground and punishing his landings or actions, you would go after him and allow him to just go around you and take the center stage. Or you would be jumping and attacking too much, letting his Pika get under you and put you in bad positions. Try not to be pushing forward so hard that you end up getting past him. You want to be more like a wall that's pushing him to the edge than an arrow, if that makes sense. Pika is also extremely hard to gimp, as I'm sure you know, so don't focus so much on hitting him while he's off stage, so much as trapping him and knocking him back out while he's trying to get back on. There were times where you'd go after him and just get hit by jolts and then you'd be getting ledge guarded. Against GW, you would get him in the air and then rush after him and going for uairs or something and you would eat a dair. It's much easier to beat dair when falling and even easier to beat it with Counter. Be careful with your dashes, you dashed right into an fsmash one time and while ledge guarding, you would do your dash tricks and he'd just get back on while you were dashing away. Don't let the pressure up so easily there.

Top Bottom