• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
lol @ vgbc stealing metalmonster's date rather than moving their date themselves

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Nah it is alright, things weren't going that well for April 2nd anyway. I will try to get it up as soon as possible. There are a couple of things I have to do before I can post it.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Nah it is alright, things weren't going that well for April 2nd anyway. I will try to get it up as soon as possible. There are a couple of things I have to do before I can post it.
Have you posted on pojo.biz yet? I don't see anything about this tourney there, you should hurry to get more peeps at this :D

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Our event is Hagerstown is this weekend, tomorrow in fact. Kage you should update the title.

Urban Menace

Smash Journeyman
^^ where this guy been at?
school son! and remember? I live in Waldorf, which is not really near tournies. I was at pound cuz pound was close haha. Im out of high school now tho and i should have my license sometime this summer so i should be able to go to more tournies. What's been goin on takeo?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey MD/VA community. I found some vids that can help with understanding and upgrading yer dubs skills.

WHOBO 3: Coney (King Dedede) & RichBrown (Olimar) vs. Ally (Snake) & Dojo (Meta Knight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnyDS8Yne34

This one has one of yer very own. Coney! Anyways Ally and Dojo have extremely good teamwork. At Whobo 3 they came back from losers finals to sweep Gnes and Razor(Not losing a match)
Anyways here they almost lose game 2 but have amazing followups and win a 2v1. A team with teamwork will never lose a 2v1. Watch how they are always putting themselves in 2v1 situations even when all 4 characters are alive. This is key. In this team Ally is the aggro and Dojo is the support. They both capitalize on punishing the opponent when they hit their teammate or are distracted. Also, they don't get in each other's way. This is what I call "Team spacing". U don't see them hitting each other often or cutting off each other space.

WHOBO 3: Ally (Snake) & Dojo (Meta Knight) vs. Razer (Snake) & Gnes (Diddy Kong) GF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYYvbM2OPU

Analyze and see what they do. Learn and upgrade yer dubs skills. I know yall can do it! :)
Doing these things is how u get top 3 at nationals! MD/VA can take over the world! U guys have the skills now learn these smarts!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol true...but u missed the point.
No character should win a 2v1. If he does then the team did not play correctly and use teamwork. ;)
To get more specific. They didn't work together to cut off the opponents space to where he can't do anything. And didn't work together to punish his/her every move.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i'm just gonna be blunt

we can't even win singles yet, doubles is a whole different ball game

if we can get our singles act together, we can worry about doubles

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
u right. Singles is different than dubs. They are two different games. Imma dubs player. I have the opposite mindset lol. I focus on dubs.

Was just trying to help but I understand if that's the mindset. When is yall's next tourney!? I might be able to make it before I head back to Greensboro! aahh

Urban Menace

Smash Journeyman
I heard olimar was good in 2v1 :s

But yeah Tant sounds about right with the singles/doubles things. I really want to get active this summer so i'll try to get to as much stuff as I can haha.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I am trying to get things going. It has been busy though with school, work, trips, and a wedding.

Top Bottom