• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Delvro

Smash Ace
s2, characters were randomly assigned supposedly. I just thought a character claim could do no harm, i.e. information is better than no information.

I'm honestly not in support of this lynch. Mayling makes the best points about Mister Eric though. I can definitely see scum voting Eric so that they don't look like they're trying to save their partner. Regardless, I'm still worried and this 24 hour wait period is seriously going to kill me (as I'm sure many others feel the suspense too)

Right now I'm thinking McFox, Vand, and s2 (only because there's nobody really left for me to suspect). If Eric turns up scum, than remove s2 from that list.

Until now I've been doubting the existance of independant roles. However, after knowing that Mayling is a redirector, it is entirely plausable that there is in fact a 3rd party killing role and exactly one of the two night kills were blocked both nights.

If this was a Hilt game, I WOULD suspect Mayling of being an independant. However, since this is not a Hilt game I do not suspect that Mayling is in fact some kind of redirector killer craziness. And if she is, then kudos to her because I was fooled completely. =]

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If this was a Hilt game, I WOULD suspect Mayling of being an independant. However, since this is not a Hilt game I do not suspect that Mayling is in fact some kind of redirector killer craziness. And if she is, then kudos to her because I was fooled completely. =]
I believe I mentioned it earlier. Nexus serial killer, anyone? And Hilt games are usually "Well, we're looking for the indy now... S2 is dead night one, so he's obviously not the indy, oh it must be Mayling!" :(

Oh and yeah, I just now realized that the characters are randomly assigned too, so my bad. It still makes me unhappy, and a random scum team makes me unhappier. I'm going to be really mad when Tristan is the mafia godfather.

Also yeah, wait for the flip is gonna kill me.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't think you were serious about the nexus serial killer, but if I have to take that seriously then nexus is random whereas I knew my redirect went to Mister Eric.

Which would conclude I'm a redirector not nexus silliness. And if I were to ask Xiivi to be some special role y'all know I would ask for DESTROYER OF DREAMS and not nexus serial killer shenanigans. :p

eric, tell us your flip??

Greg, are you suspecting S2 to be godfather then?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I believe roxy is scum
I believe vand is scum
I believe McFox is scum.

2/3 are scum...i believe

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Lol I haven't played scummy, S2.
Newer players are always harder to read.

I chose this way to play because I was hoping that I would obviously seem suspicious to everyone. But I figured that such obvious play of scummy moves would allow town to wait for scum to bite, build nice cases on me, and hope for the easy way out. Why would I be so obv scum and not care? I failed to build cases, not because I was tied down or anything. I have plenty of free time. I did it so it would take the heat off of me during the night, save our townie power rolers some free night actions on me and use them on ppl that mattered, and allow me to squirm through this mess of lies that we call mafia (btw im terrible with PRs so excuse me if i make no sense). My hopes were to bite the scum in the butt in the end for keeping me around. Why would they kill what town is suspicious of? I feel those that are completely clear are in the greater danger. At least this is the way I think and will continue to think. I really thought my R.O.B. background post would help describe the way I feel about this game without being too obvious. Kind of like a puzzle.

@Mayling: I'm so sowwie if you're townie too. I rly hope you win this.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's okay Eric. I have to say it's better to act 100% townie instead of purposely being suspicious so you don't get night killed especially if you weren't a PR (PRs may or may not be excused depending on the situation), although I admit I've done the same thing (as PRs). Always be careful with your VOTE at the very least. The careless way you placed your vote was the killer not to mention you weren't willing to defend against the points raised against you. Also you asked if it was okay to hammer yourself, and it never is as town and especially in a potential MYLO situation for town.

Huggles. :(

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I wanted to hammer myself because it was inevitable.

I placed my vote carelessly...but would scum rly do that? arent they slyer than that? (usually) plus im not that dumb

idk. i just feel that playing completely town-like is easy easier pickings for the scum.

hugglez

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Perhaps instead of "scummy" I should have said "anti-town". I'd wait for a flip before any mourning. Don't know anymore, but process of elimination says Vand I guess.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Well, this is a lesson learned Mister Eric.
Actually, no I haven't. I liked this style and will use it again if need be. I would have been helpful eventually, but prob when we hit a good streak haha. Until then..unduh the radar. I'm not the one who placed the votes! haha

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Eric, why do you think Roxy is scum? That makes... Pretty much no sense based on the circumstances of his claim (there was probably a Cop based on Miller being in the game, no one CC'd, and it explains his hammering Hida)

What I'm wondering now is if Sold is GF or one of the other claimed PRs was lying about alignment.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I promise I'm not GF and I'm willing to take back my promise of eating Delvro's foot if Mayling is scum.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I reeeeally don't think s2 is scum. I think someone is lying about their role. Vand and McFox are two of the anti town though so let's just get them first.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I wanted to hammer myself because it was inevitable.

I placed my vote carelessly...but would scum rly do that? arent they slyer than that? (usually) plus im not that dumb

idk. i just feel that playing completely town-like is easy easier pickings for the scum.

hugglez
Eric, I want you to meet my friend WIFOM. WIFOM, meet Eric.

Wee hee hee this game is fun

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Night 3 Begins & Twilight 3 Ends!

[collapse=Day 3 End]Under construction.[/collapse]

Mister Eric, Bakura Ryo, Vanilla Townie has been lynched!

The deadline for Night 3 is 06.13.10 11:59PM EST.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Slammed weekend for me guys; this post will become an update later tonight when I get back from work late tonight. ;)

Mod's allowed to be busy/V/LA too. :p

------------

Clownbot, Bandit Keith, Town Jail Keeper has been murdered!

Sold2, Yugi Muto, Vanilla Townie has been end-gamed!

Delvro, Rex Raptor, Town Tracker has been end-gamed!

vanderzant, Téa Gardner, Town Saulus Cop has been end-gamed!

Roxy, Mai Valentine, Mafiosi Ninja has survived!

McFox, Tristan Taylor
, Mafiosi Roleblocker has survived!

Mayling,
Maximillion Pegasus
, Mafiosi Redirector has survived!

Mafiosi (Roxy, McFox, Mayling) win!

[collapse=Mayling Family Mafia Set-Up]
[collapse=Mister Eric]

You are Bakura Ryo, owner of the Millennium Ring! An evil spirit resides in the ring manifesting itself as Yami Bakura. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Sold2]

You are Yugi Muto, owner of the Millennium Puzzle! The spirit of the Pharaoh Atem manifests himself as Yami Yugi through the Millennium Puzzle to aid you. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
[/collapse]
[collapse=Soaring-Raptor-Blast]

You are Mokuba Kaiba, vice-president of KaibaCorp! You have found yourself captured by your enemies multiple times, but have always managed to come out clean. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

[/collapse]
[collapse=Cello_Marl]

You are Joey Wheeler, a high ranking amateur duelist! You have consistently proven yourself to be a strong duelist in multiple tournaments such as the Duelist Kingdom and Battle City. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

[/collapse]
[collapse=hidajiremi]

You are Seto Kaiba, CEO of KaibaCorp! Owner of not only a multi-national company but 3 of 4 Blue Eyes White Dragons, your fortune knows no end. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Miller
Abilities: You will return a mafiosi-aligned result to investigations that determine your alignment.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Tandora]

You are Marik Ishtar, owner of the Millennium Rod! The evil spirit Yami Marik manifests himself within you to further his goal of using the three Egyptian God cards to obtain ultimate power. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Vigilite
Abilities: One night you may send me the command "Blank: NAME". This player will be targeted with a non-lethal action. One night, after you have used the previous command, you may send me the command "Bullet: NAME". This player will be targeted with a lethal action. You may not target yourself with either command. You may elect to use the commands "Blank: No Target" & "Bullet: No Target", however these commands do not count as using either.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Clownbot]

You are Bandit Keith, U.S. Duel Monsters Champion! Your experience with machine monsters knows no end and you participated in the Duelist Kingdom tournament. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Jail Keeper
Abilities: Each night you can target a player by sending me the command "Jail: NAME". The targeted player will not be able to target any other players or be targeted by any other players excluding yourself. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Jail: No Target".
[/collapse]
[collapse=Delvro]

You are Rex Raptor, Runner-Up of Japan's National Duel Monster tournament! Your experience with dinosaur monsters knows no end and you participated in both the Duelist Kingdom and Battle City tournaments. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Tracker
Abilities: Each night you can target a player by sending me the command "Track: NAME". You will be told if that player visited NAME(s) OR None. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Track: No Target".
[/collapse]
[collapse=vanderzant]

You are Téa Gardner, casual duelist and dancer in training! Despite being a casual duelist, you have participated in multiple tournaments and bested professional duelists. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards...or not!

Role: Mafiosi Traitor
Abilities: In concerns to your win condition, you do not count towards the majority rule needed for your faction. You will return a town-aligned result to investigations that determine your alignment. You are not in contact with the Mafiosi or aware of their members. The Mafiosi are aware you are a member. Each night you can target a player by sending me the command "Join: NAME". If that player visited returns a Mafiosi result, you will count towards the majority rule needed for your faction, return a mafiosi-aligned result to investigations that determine your alignment, be in contact with the Mafiosi and aware of their members, and be given a role safe-claim. If the player visited returns a Town result, nothing will occur. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Join: No Target".
Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Mayling]

You are Maximillion Pegasus, creator of Duel Monsters! You hold the Millennium Eye in your possession and are president of Industrial Illusions. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards...or not!

Role: Mafiosi Redirector
Partners: McFox (Tristan Taylor), Mafiosi Roleblocker; Roxy (Mai Valentine), Mafiosi Ninja
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners only during the Twilight and Night phases in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/XQ3HtipRnsMNF. If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. Each night you may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action. Each night you may send me the command "Switch: NAME". All lethal and non-lethal actions that target you will be changed to target that player. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Switch: No Target".
Safe-Claim: [collapse=Mayling]

You are Maximillion Pegasus, creator of Duel Monsters! You hold the Millennium Eye in your possession and are president of Industrial Illusions. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Redirector
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Switch: NAME". All lethal and non-lethal actions that target you will be changed to target that player. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Switch: No Target".
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]
Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.
[/collapse]
[collapse=McFox]

You are Tristan Taylor, casual duelist and student of Domino High School! Despite being a casual duelist, you have participated in multiple tournaments and even had your soul trapped in a robot monkey. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards...or not!

Role: Mafiosi Roleblocker
Partners: Mayling (Maximillion Pegasus), Mafiosi Redirector; Roxy (Mai Valentine), Mafiosi Ninja
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners only during the Twilight and Night phases in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/XQ3HtipRnsMNF. If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. Each night you may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia for a lethal action. Each night you may send me the command "Halt: NAME". All actions used on that night by that player will fail. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Halt: No Target".
Safe-Claim: [collapse=McFox]

You are Tristan Taylor, casual duelist and student of Domino High School! Despite being a casual duelist, you have participated in multiple tournaments and even had your soul trapped in a robot monkey. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Patriot Voyeur
Abilities: You will be unaffected by all actions that attempt to recruit you; regardless of the alignment of the recruiter. Each night you may send me the command "View: NAME". You will be told all Action(s) OR None that targeted that player. You may target yourself. You may elect to use the command "View: No Target".
[/collapse]
[collapse=Roxy]

You are Mai Valentine, professional duelist and self-proclaimed psychic! While your claims to being psychic are untrue, your master of the Harpie cards and tournament standings are no lie. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards...or not!

Role: Mafiosi Ninja
Partners: Mayling (Maximillion Pegasus), Mafiosi Redirector; McFox (Tristan Taylor), Mafiosi Roleblocker
Abilities: You may communicate with your partners only during the Twilight and Night phases in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/XQ3HtipRnsMNF. If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. You will return no result to investigations that determine which players you visit.
Safe-Claim: [collapse=Roxy]

You are Mai Valentine, professional duelist and self-proclaimed psychic! While your claims to being psychic are untrue, your master of the Harpie cards and tournament standings are no lie. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

[/collapse]
[collapse=Mod Notes]
The Shadow Realm QuickTopic is located at: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/tmPFixzBkpmz.
Town Miller returns a Mafiosi result to Mafiosi Traitor.
Town Vigilite's "Blank: NAME" command triggers the same effect as a Mafiosi result for the Mafiosi Traitor.
Town Tracker will follow the Town Uninformed Gravedigger [Cello_Marl] to any player killed by the Mafiosi.
Town Tracker will follow players to who they visit regardless of whether the tracked player's action succeeded or failed (roleblocked).
Town Tracker can only see the Mafiosi Redirector if that role is targeting itself or no one.
Mafiosi Traitor if lynched or night killed, either will fail and the same effect as a Mafiosi result for the Mafiosi Traitor will trigger.
Mafiosi Traitor's effect cannot be roleblocked, however can be redirected.
Mafiosi Traitor is actually the Town Saulus Cop; and upon obtaining a Mafiosi result will obtain the following Role PM:
[collapse=vanderzant]

You are Téa Gardner, casual duelist and dancer in training! Despite being a casual duelist, you have participated in multiple tournaments and bested professional duelists. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Town Saulus Cop
Abilities: An event has triggered your true role to be revealed. The results you have received throughout the course of this game are accurate and should be considered "Cop: NAME" as opposed to "Join: NAME". You are unable to use either of these commands for the remainder of the game. The mafiosi are not aware of your current or former role PMs.
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated. [/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Good game guys. I had no clue Mayling was scum. >_<

I really appreciated this game. I want to give a big round of applause to Xiivi for modding for us. I like the concept of the shadow realm. Not sure how I feel about twilight. It has its advantages, but I also get antsy for night phase! I wish he hadn't been such a tease at the end though. =p

I hope we can play together again some time. I hope everyone learned some valuable playstyle techniques too.

Yay Mayfia!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Sorry town. I thought I was scum this whole game >.<

I feel bad because I wasn't able to pick scum until N3, when Town had already lost. I was a bit lazy (because I thought I was scum), so I was just coasting mainly. My V/LA's were legit, but I doubt I would of found scum earlier on anyway.

@Delvro, you were pretty spot on this whole game. You should try and influence town a bit more. If you'd gotten me/McFox lynched Day 3 would of gone into Day 4, as I couldn't be killed or lynched.

@McFox and Mayling: I figured you guys were scum, but it was too late by then anyway. Any reason why you never tried to get me lynched? I thought it was because you thought we were on the same team lol.

@Roxy: Good job. Everyone thought your claim was legit lol.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made up Roxy's CC. :3

Sorry, but pretty proud of myself for that one. Kept waiting for a Cop CC but it never came.

@Vand: Xiivi might post our chat logs to show what we were thinking.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Lack of CC on cop really lost the game for town. Reading Vand's pm, I can see where the confusion happened. I probably would have misunderstood too. I had to ask Xiivi a few times what mine meant.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
As bad as I feel about how I played this game no amount of experience could have prepared me for the results. O____O

Congrats to McFox/Mayling/Roxy, and thanks to Xiivi for hosting!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Nononono.

Guys, I didn't know I was cop until the game was over.

I thought my role was Mafia Traitor. Read my role pm's lol.

I thought that Xiivi was going to reveal that McFox, Mayling and myself had won. I got trolled

EDIT: Also, I thought it was OBVIOUS that a Town Roleblocker + Town Redirector couldn't co exist.

That's like two protects a night :O

But I never spoke up BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS SCUM... :(:(:(

Delvro

Smash Ace
Nononono.

Guys, I didn't know I was cop until the game was over.

I thought my role was Mafia Traitor. Read my role pm's lol.

I thought that Xiivi was going to reveal that McFox, Mayling and myself had won. I got trolled

EDIT: Also, I thought it was OBVIOUS that a Town Roleblocker + Town Redirector couldn't co exist.

That's like two protects a night :O

But I never spoke up BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS SCUM... :(:(:(
Oh I get it. Your role is confusing. I had to read it 3 times to understand it

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
ehhhh good games. I felt pretty good about Mayling and McFox a majority of the game because they were actually making cases... and making sense... and actually like scumhunting and stuff. For D1 and D2, they were the only players I trusted lol. It wasn't until all the claims started coming out that I began questioning their towniness... but that was too late. Roxy's claim just fit too well, especially given that there was no CC, and that he hammered a Miller that he "investigated".

Top Bottom