• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 31, 2014] Rains of Castamere II: Melee and PM Monthly (San Antonio, TX)

C3R3ALgodOFheroes

Smash Rookie
NNID
C3R3AL
3DS FC
1934-0868-0477
As in what are pools? Pools is a format in which contestants are split into smaller groups and only the top players from the pool will be seeded into a double elimination bracket. With a small enough group it's usually done in a round robin style, ensuring that everyone who enters the tournament is guaranteed more matches than a strait double elimination tournament (only guaranteed 2 sets). The only downside is that pools requires more resources (time, setups, etc).
round robin?

Zhea

Smash Ace
We are playing straight bracket this tournament. I used to like that idea of more tournament matches, but considering my events tend to be more smash fest then tournament, I thought it wiser to just let people have more time for friendlies. I do have plans for things like redemption brackets, but at the moment I need a good base line run to know how fast I can run things, and therefore how much I can afford to run, because 4 events with high level player cross pollination hurts time a lot.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Also straight bracket saves time, which will generally mean longer lunch breaks, more friendlies, possibly more events, more downtime, more JF getting buzzed and acting goofy with PK, etc.

Zhea

Smash Ace
LAST MINUTE UPDATE FOR ANYONE ATTENDING RAINS OF CASTAMERE III:

I found out that the guy who was going to open the venue for us early won't be in that day so the new earliest time will be 12:00PM! If you show up before then you will be sitting around!

C3R3ALgodOFheroes

Smash Rookie
NNID
C3R3AL
3DS FC
1934-0868-0477
LAST MINUTE UPDATE FOR ANYONE ATTENDING RAINS OF CASTAMERE III:

I found out that the guy who was going to open the venue for us early won't be in that day so the new earliest time will be 12:00PM! If you show up before then you will be sitting around!
so I'm going to get there about an hour early....

RedGamer

Smash Ace
GOOD MORNING GUYS!! I'M GOING TO RAMI'S BEFORE THE TOURNEY!! Anybody wanna join?
@ Zhea Zhea I'll buy us a pizza pie. sound good?

Wait, so no PM doubles? :(
A third event was planned for AFTER the first two events finished.
If we finish early, then P:M doubles might happen.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
If we run out of time, you can just give all the dubs money to Shokio and I. #foregoneconclusion #TeamDoinAThang #platinumage #fanfavorites #unbeatable

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Thinking of showing up if I can find my controller...It's been a few years since I've played, so keep that in mind when I suck. #johns

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Well thank you sir! Definitely know how to make a smash player feel welcomed!

Zhea

Smash Ace
Results tonight after I get home from work. On the bright side Godzilla was pretty good, but only the parts with Godzilla.

Top Bottom