• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 23-24, 2015] - Shuffle VII (Columbus, Ohio)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
If I register now, do I have to pay now (electronically) or at the door? I don't have a partner for doubles yet, so I'd hate to have to pay for that now if I can't find a partner.

Also, idk if I can bring a set up yet. Can I put myself down as a maybe for that?

EDIT: Answered on the Facebook event page

Last edited:

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
Add either Norfair or Distant Planet. Too many close blastzones stages. Or increase the stagelist? Either way some character do well on larger stages with more room, so we need accomodations for some of the cast.

Drummaniac

Smash Rookie
Hey, if anyone is coming down 71 from like Cleveland, or if your coming from Wooster, and have room for one more, let me know, thanks

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I need a teammate for Sm4sh doubles. I play many characters but Metaknight is my main. I do well in Michigan events and am well suited to the role of support/stock tank. I also have a Wario and Sonic that use in doubles as well. If you're solid and are interested, please inquire. Thank you.

Bope

Smash Rookie
If I'm bringing a PM setup, do we have to use a build that you guys have prepared or can we bring in our own so long as the only changes that have been made to Vanilla PM 3.5 are Music changes, all stages, costumes, characters, anything that isn't music really would remain completely unaltered though. (Sorry if this is an ignorant question, never attended a tournament as professional as this before)

Last edited:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
I know there are time constraints and all, but could you please consider changing smash 4 to 3 stock?

box of dunions

Smash Rookie
ok i need some help real quick, when i signed up the first time I was getting ready to pay, and my internet forced closed. So what i did was redo everything excactly the same and i paid it with that, will that effect anything?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think you answered the question for yourself.
Educate yourself. 3 stock is as fast, or faster, than 2 stock and is more consistent for better players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAmI2HdBqw

2 stock also has less variance; there is an 85% chance that the person who gets the FIRST stock will also win the game. In 3 stock its closer to 60% for the first stock, and significantly higher for the second stock -- the stock before your last stock is the most important. This was true in Melee as well. Two stock makes your first stock the most important and increases variance drastically by putting who lost their first stock at a large disadvantage.

Dylan Fraley

Smash Rookie
Educate yourself. 3 stock is as fast, or faster, than 2 stock and is more consistent for better players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAmI2HdBqw

2 stock also has less variance; there is an 85% chance that the person who gets the FIRST stock will also win the game. In 3 stock its closer to 60% for the first stock, and significantly higher for the second stock -- the stock before your last stock is the most important. This was true in Melee as well. Two stock makes your first stock the most important and increases variance drastically by putting who lost their first stock at a large disadvantage.
You just made a post quoting your own information. This decision is final.

Owlyx

Smash Rookie
NNID
Owlyxx
3DS FC
2191-7647-1090
Ah, Karinole. I hope I get a chance to play some friendlies with you and work on that Rosalina matchup issue I realized I had when you knocked me out of loser's back in March!

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
I'm looking to get into the central OH competitive scene, this is going to be the first physical tournament I go to! Can't wait to see how I compare

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
A bit of a last-minute grasp for straws, but anybody want to be my dubs partner for Smash 4? I had someone, but he had some last-minute complications

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I'm looking to get into the central OH competitive scene, this is going to be the first physical tournament I go to! Can't wait to see how I compare
Good luck man! Come to more columbus tourneys if you can.

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
After talking to him on Twitter, we have a chance of DJ Nintendo showing.

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
Anyone good need a doubles partner I use sheik kirby and mew2. Hit me up by tommorow if interested

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
super pumped that this is under 2 weeks away!

Who is staying at the Varsity Inn South? I know most of the MI carpools will be there looking for Smash and Partying

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Aside form this and Smash @ Packrats, what other tourneys are there to join?
There are usually some biweeklies at the donatos on high st. and we randomly will have other tournaments on the weekend. If you haven't already done so I recommend joining our facebook page as that's where we post most tournaments. And as weird as it is summer is mainly our off-season :p

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
You just made a post quoting your own information. This decision is final.
Yo. Hate to be that guy, but it seems quite a large majority wants 3 stock for Smash 4

https://twitter.com/SmashCapps/status/598861825069846529

Also, let me quote a TO's comment on this reddit post:

"I've no idea when it started being popular to not have player-satisfaction as the highest priority when hosting a tournament.
If the players want 3 stock, then you give them 3 stock. It's not logistically impossible like some people like to believe."

#3StockForShuffle

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yo. Hate to be that guy, but it seems quite a large majority wants 3 stock for Smash 4

https://twitter.com/SmashCapps/status/598861825069846529

Also, let me quote a TO's comment on this reddit post:

"I've no idea when it started being popular to not have player-satisfaction as the highest priority when hosting a tournament.
If the players want 3 stock, then you give them 3 stock. It's not logistically impossible like some people like to believe."

#3StockForShuffle
There are so many things wrong with trusting public polls. Since that chart is heavily skewed by players who have attended less than 2 tournaments. It is way too close to the event to switch it to 3 stock which would potentially deter players from attending.

Top Bottom