• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 23-24, 2015] - Shuffle VII (Columbus, Ohio)

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
There are so many things wrong with trusting public polls. Since that chart is heavily skewed by players who have attended less than 2 tournaments. It is way too close to the event to switch it to 3 stock which would potentially deter players from attending.
True, true. Just giving suggestions that could be implemented next time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't get people.

"We should run 2 stock, for the streamers!"

public poll of smash players who watch said streams prefer 3 stock

"Public polls don't count, you can't trust them!"

*tears hair out*

3 stock is future! 2 stock is for For Glory scrubs.

That said I agree that its now too close to the tournament to drastically change rules; around two weeks away or so is typically the shortest I'd recommend changing a ruleset for a tournament, save for maybe small locals. This is getting to a week away, little late notice. I'm not attending this anyway, but telling people one thing and then switching to another after travel plans have been set makes for a sad time.

box of dunions

Smash Rookie
Well guys I need to hit the practice room asap cause I'm still terrible, I bet I won't even make it out of the pools in any of the brackets XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There are so many things wrong with trusting public polls. Since that chart is heavily skewed by players who have attended less than 2 tournaments. It is way too close to the event to switch it to 3 stock which would potentially deter players from attending.
Good news! I checked the results. After removing the "never attended a tournament" option, customs still were ahead by a significant margin. Interestingly enough, it was ahead in every group (only plays S4 + Melee, S4 + PM, S4 + Melee and PM, S4 + Brawl, etc.).

Owlyx

Smash Rookie
NNID
Owlyxx
3DS FC
2191-7647-1090
There are usually some biweeklies at the donatos on high st. and we randomly will have other tournaments on the weekend. If you haven't already done so I recommend joining our facebook page as that's where we post most tournaments. And as weird as it is summer is mainly our off-season :p
Can you link the fb page? I actually just moved down here, too, and I'm looking to connect with the community. Thanks!

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Could you please make sure I'm in wave 1 of pools for smash 4 Saturday? I have somewhere to be around 2:00. I'm registered as Tyrannosaurus-Flex and that's the only event I'm entering.

box of dunions

Smash Rookie
Ok so for the pm and melee pools, I'm in the first wave of both, and they both start at the same time according to the smash schedule, will I be dq'ed from one?

BurgerOfThePast

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurgerOfThePast
I keep trying to join the facebook group but I don't think I'm getting allowed in for some reason? Would like to see the pools...

Anyways, this is my first tournament in like 10 years, looking forward to it!

EDIT: Realized that the above post was referring to the event page, which I joined without needing to be approved, of course (the one I am unable to join is the local Cbus Smash 4 group, w/e). I can see the pools now.

double EDIT: now I was added to the local columbus group, thanks vigilant smashers!

Last edited:

Xolcin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xolcin
Is it too late to register? I assume as such since the Google doc said so, but I thought I'd at least ask!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Is it too late to register? I assume as such since the Google doc said so, but I thought I'd at least ask!
Unfortunately registration has been closed for nearly a week. Watch our facebook or twitter so you catch the next one early enough :).

Unit583

Smash Rookie
NNID
protoman64
Could you please make sure I'm in wave 1 of pools for smash 4 Saturday? I have somewhere to be around 2:00. I'm registered as Tyrannosaurus-Flex and that's the only event I'm entering.
You're in Wave 1, Pool 3 (Which is also my pool).

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
READ ALL OF THIS PLEASE, FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION:

CHECK YOUR POOLS HERE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE CHECKED THEM BEFORE TO MAKE SURE YOU WILL ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH:
They are final unless we accidentally omitted you, pools will not change from this point onward.

Singles Pools (each sheet is a different game): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oKH1VdM6VsQz8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=326099285
Doubles brackets will be edited into this post later tonight.

FOR CHECK IN:
If you are in melee/Smash4 pools wave 1: You must be checked in at the Great Hall meeting room by 10AM.
Melee/Smash4 Pools wave 2: Be checked in by 11AM.
All PM singles: Be checked in by 2PM.
All doubles players must check in by 1 hour before bracket start time.

These are FINAL. Failure to check in (IE in line if there is one) by these designated times will be met with disqualification, end of story.

There will be 2 lines at check-in: One for people with setups, and one for without setups.

Disqualification during pools/brackets:
TO word is final.
During Pools: If other pool games are finished (IE setups are empty at that pool) and a player is not available, they will have 5 minutes from the announcement of their name before a set loss. 10 minutes will be disqualification.

Bracket: Missing bracket players will be announced as they are found missing. 5 minutes from the first announcement will result in a match loss. 10 minutes from the first announcement will result in disqualification. Announcements will be made repeatedly through this 10 minute period.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway to watch the stream/event for Melee? Like is it saved somewhere for us to go back and watch?

Top Bottom