• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Rediscussion: Zelda vs ROB

MrEh

Smash Hero
QFT

ROB will camp for the win. (and why wouldn't they?)

ROB Ftilt > Zelda
Zelda Usmash > ROB

Just sayin'

:bandit:
Ftilt is great against Zelda because Zelda has to approach.

Usmash would be great against ROB if Zelda forced ROB to approach her. But she does not.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Its discussions like these that make me think **** you Sakurai for getting us excited for Dins buffs that dont mean **** ;_;

Sudai

Stuff here
Chibo, name a good Zelda you've played? It's easy if the Zelda doesn't know what to do. A Zelda that does (extremely rare) can make it even.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Chibo will play me in Brawl+ this weekend if he comes down to Hackfest. JCaesar plays a pretty good Zelda and Cape will probably play Zelda randomly. Of course, it is Brawl+, so it is a little different (ROB is tougher to deal with in Brawl+ due to shield stun and other various game changes).

@Mars: Sudai is a very good ROB with Mocha experience (if you didn't already know). I have JCaesar (former best MD/VA ROB, now ROB+) experience.

Sudai and I know the story of this match-up so well that we could play it in our sleep, and it will still come out 45:55 ROB.

@MrEh: Zelda's powerful punishments will make up for failed approaches. Besides, a good Zelda player will bait retaliation. ROB's ftilt is pretty much, from my experience, the move that tips this into his favor. Zelda likes to be grounded, but ROB's ftilt range forces her to work inside her comfort zone. Without ftilt, this would be straight up 50:50 or slightly Zelda's favor.

Sudai

Stuff here
Basically everything Bandit said. Though I like to think that ROB's DTilt helps push it into our favor too. Without either, Zelda would probably win hard. It's true though, ROB's DTilt would lose a lot of its purpose without his FTilt in this MU.

MrEh

Smash Hero
@MrEh: Zelda's powerful punishments will make up for failed approaches.
No they don't. With an approach that bad, it's hard to even get in. And what will Zelda punish exactly? ROB has the range and speed advantage. If anything, Zelda is going to be punished for rushing in, which she is forced to do in the first place.

Besides, a good Zelda player will bait retaliation
Moot point. ROB player can do it right back.

Top Bottom