• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Rediscussion: Zelda vs Ness

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's news to me.

Match up ratios are like difficulty settings. You've got the ones you need to put more effort into and then ones not so much. Also, a match up topic isn't necessarily about how well YOU do against the opponent. It's more about what options your character has vs the other character and so on. I could say the MK match up for Ness should be 55:45, Ness just because I know how to defeat MK so easily when it's actually 60:40, MK.
but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that ness is easier than lucas for us.

Uffe

Smash Hero
i wonder who would do better if Ness and Zelda fought on Yoshis. :3
Sounds like a grand idea.

but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that ness is easier than lucas for us.
What's the match up on that?

this I agree with i guess Zelda is at a disadvantage agaisnt Lucas since this match up is "even".
That's not necessarily true. Lucas is a Luigi-clone of Ness. Both have similar attacks as far as special and f-smash go, but they're two different characters. Believe it or not, Ness and Lucas don't exactly have the same match ups. So if Lucas does bad against Zelda, it doesn't mean Ness will.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What's the match up on that?
My opinion of the matchups is that Lucas Vs. Zelda is something close to 51:49 Lucas and Zelda vs. Ness is more like 51:59 Zelda.

That is to say, I feel a SLIGHT dissadvantage against lucas, but a slight advantage in ness; however, both are so close that they don't play anything like a 55:45 matchup.

I don't think I was alone in this thought but, either way, we felt it was close to even in both cases so 50:50 is our summary of each matchup.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
My opinion of the matchups is that Lucas Vs. Zelda is something close to 51:49 Lucas and Zelda vs. Ness is more like 51:59 Zelda.
She has so notably accurate advantage that the combined number has to go over 100 to be able to express it? Wow.

Seriously though, I completely agree with this. Lucas has very small adavntage over us and we have just as small advantage over Ness, but both are so close to even that they're best handled as one.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
She has so notably accurate advantage that the combined number has to go over 100 to be able to express it? Wow.

Seriously though, I completely agree with this. Lucas has very small adavntage over us and we have just as small advantage over Ness, but both are so close to even that they're best handled as one.
oops.... you know what that was supposed to mean.

there's no wrong reason to write them that way though, it's just uncommon

and no rule says ratios need to add up to 100.... I COULD say it's, like 75:70 zelda's advantage if I wanted to ^_^ I'm that accurate!

sasook

Smash Champion
and no rule says ratios need to add up to 100.... I COULD say it's, like 75:70 zelda's advantage if I wanted to ^_^ I'm that accurate!
Well, if you really wanna be nitpicky, one could argue that matchup ratios are determined by 2 players of equal skill at the highest level of play playing 10 (or 100) matches and roughly how many matches each character would win.

But at that point, who even cares anymore? lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I thought the ratios were more to show by what theoretical and intangible margin a player must outplay his opponent at high skill levels to win. Because, let's be honest, a small advantage makes for more than a small cut of the wins if both players are equally skilled unless counterpicking stages has huge effects

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yeah, a 60:40 doesn't mean the advantaged wins 60 times. In fact, it usually means they win a bit more than that when both players are at a good skill level and are up to par. If I have a car that is always 5-10 mph slower than your car and we decide to race around different parts of the world, you're always going to have the advantage of being able to go faster than me and therefore you simply have to race well while I have to race so well that it overcomes your speed advantage.

That's typically why Zelda has such a ridiculous time winning even 40:60s, in the sense that I'm speaking of. If she were to win something 40 out of 100 times, the match-up could probably be closer to even.

Top Bottom