• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Rediscussion: Zelda vs Diddy Kong

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Norfair is a good place to bring Diddy. Id think Brinstar is ok, since the lava can make the ground unaccessable for nanners.
I considered this... and then I remembered that it's a bad zelda stage, and one I hate at that.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Poke Stadium 2 is iffy for Diddy, although Poke Stadium 1 is pretty good for him. He can SH Z-catch bananas on the small platforms, and the transformations give him opportunities to banana lock. Realistically it doesn't happen much, but they can make it pretty hard to approach him (the Earth one especially).

How good is Zelda on Brinstar? Diddy alone is iffy on the stage, although some characters can abuse them to their advantage. With Zelda (this is just theory craft, so ignore it if I'm completely wrong) but you might be able to camp behind the match and use Din's Fire for a bit longer than normal. The terrain makes his normal banana control different and kinda odd, and breaking the mesh and forcing him to recover from the center can make his recovery more punishable.

Don't take Diddy to Norfair. He isn't LOLGREAT on the stage, but he doesn't suck there either. If you suffer on Norfair, don't take him there. If you're good on Norfair, consider it, but it sounds like Zelda isn't good on Norfair.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Poke Stadium 2 is iffy for Diddy, although Poke Stadium 1 is pretty good for him. He can SH Z-catch bananas on the small platforms, and the transformations give him opportunities to banana lock. Realistically it doesn't happen much, but they can make it pretty hard to approach him (the Earth one especially).

How good is Zelda on Brinstar? Diddy alone is iffy on the stage, although some characters can abuse them to their advantage. With Zelda (this is just theory craft, so ignore it if I'm completely wrong) but you might be able to camp behind the match and use Din's Fire for a bit longer than normal. The terrain makes his normal banana control different and kinda odd, and breaking the mesh and forcing him to recover from the center can make his recovery more punishable.

Don't take Diddy to Norfair. He isn't LOLGREAT on the stage, but he doesn't suck there either. If you suffer on Norfair, don't take him there. If you're good on Norfair, consider it, but it sounds like Zelda isn't good on Norfair.
Well PS2 is iffy for zelda and PS1 is pretty kind to her, so it sounds like stage advantages will balance out there.

Norfair sounds like a no (I figured as much)

But Brinstar is actually a good Zelda stage. Quite good really, though it's often overlooked. The terain normally does good things for her, and its layout leaves options that makes it hard to control her with bananas. Pillar camping isn't as big an issue here as in luigi's mansion, but, yeah, she can do it. The terain's layout kinda helps her hitboxes in a hard to explain way.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well, I use Marth as a secondary, if that's any good @.@

Ignore my sig, it's old. >_>
Marth is atcually a pretty bad secondary considering he gets wrecked by some of your worst match ups snake and MK. A better secondary for Zelda would be DK. He covers your worst match ups better.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Marth is atcually a pretty bad secondary considering he gets wrecked by some of your worst match ups snake and MK. A better secondary for Zelda would be DK. He covers your worst match ups better.
Marth is a great secondary for Zelda. Oh and Marth does not get wrecked by Snake.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Thanks avarice - I guess brinstar could definitely be good... plus the hazards that occur force characters into tighter areas, which I suppose is good for us in chasing them.

stadium 2 is a personal choice for me, it's one of my favourite stages along with lylat, japes and frigate (looks-wise, which is all I care about =D )

How is japes and green greens against Diddy if they're not banned?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Marth is a great secondary for Zelda. Oh and Marth does not get wrecked by Snake.
does marth get wrecked by anyone?

And looking at some of zelda's worst matchups.... marth does well.... I have no idea what he was talking about.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well according to most Marth players Mk has like a 65-35 on him. I've heard that some of the top Marth players think it's only 6-4 though.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well soon enough we might not have to worry about Metaknight Marsulas =\

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ally just beat M2K twice at high level national tournaments. Mk isn't going to ever be banned I don't know why people keep bringing this silliness up. He doesn't need to be banned.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ally just beat M2K twice at high level national tournaments. Mk isn't going to ever be banned I don't know why people keep bringing this silliness up. He doesn't need to be banned.
but it'd be more fun without him ^_^

Top Bottom