• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Chart/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
wow WTF at how bad this is. Where are you getting these? Dude, I'm asking you to stop this project until I get a bunch of knowledgeable players to come in and help. So many of these are wrong.
go to other boards. Click on their official (or unofficial if its not stickied) matchup threads.

Go WTF at them, not me. ;)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm kinda "0.o" on some of those numbers too. I think we need to get our own numbers up soon.

SuSa

I hate people who say "I can beat my friends x char therefore its easy"

Guess what, I demolish my friends MK with my Ganon, he plays a good MK. Does that mean that matchup isn't HORRIBLY into MK's favor?

-Ran

Smash Master
wow WTF at how bad this is. Where are you getting these? Dude, I'm asking you to stop this project until I get a bunch of knowledgeable players to come in and help. So many of these are wrong.
I agree.

tenbadmatchups.

-Ran

Smash Master
70/30 in MK's favor once Snake's feet leave the ground vs a competitive level Meta Knight.

40/60 in Snake's favor vs ground based MKs that rely on tornado.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
45-55 MK's favor in my opinion.

Snake does have an advantage when grounded, but MK's **** of him in the air is extreme (yes, I know how to DI).

Snake is definitely one of MK's worst match-ups though.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
MKs are fun to mess with 'cause thet're really (most of the time) predictable.
:chuckle:

But really, It's a pretty even matchup because they have advatages to each other in air/ground but I think MK has a slight advantage, so 45-55 MK's favor.
:ohwell:

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Camp with nades and f-tilt.

Seriously.

A MK will usually start a match with a quick dashgrab to d-throw into Fair to start edgeguarding. (based on my experience, like 90% of MKs do such)

So you can either drop a nade and get grabbed or just grab him first.

IMO, it's 55-45 Snakes favor. Grenades stop basically EVERY approach MK has, their best approach will then be a quick dash grab/attack, easy f-tilt.

The hardest part of this matchup is obviously not getting juggled and gimped. Alternating between airdodging, nairing and b-reversal c4/nades are your best options for getting back on stage without getting crushed by Shuttle Loop and nado.

So, as a wrap up. Staying on the ground is keykeykey. MK has very limited options to approach if you keep a constant wall of grenades going at him. If he gets you into the air, dodge like a devil so you can get back down. Otherwise this is a simple matchup, just gotta get the MK to 100 and u-tilt will do the rest.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
55/45 MK's favor. The thing about this matchup is, no matter how far behind Snake gets, he's not that far behind. Seriously, it takes about 5 moves to take MK from 0 to an Uptilty death.

If Snake plays a very explosive heavy game and bottlenecks MK into an Ftilt or jab combo a couple of times, he can beat him on stage. The problem shows up when Snake is off stage. Basically, that stock is gone when it happens. It's the same for Olimar, though, and he's still a great character. Just don't get pushed off until you've killed MK :)

SuSa

General Consensus - 55/45 MK's favor

*Rounding Ran Iji's 70/30 MK air and 60/40 Snake ground I'll put his at around 55/45 MK's favor due to air is MUCH better then ground, and ground is only a little better*

*Lawlmahbawls is the only one who wants 55/45 Snake's favor*

Next matchup:
King DeDeDe

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
DeDeDe is definitely one of Snake's hardest fights. The chaingrab OWNS snake, and Snake gets completely gimped by DeDeDe's edgeguard game. Seriously, I've been taken from zero to gimp off of one DDD grab. It's hard to avoid his grabs, too, because their range is broken.

I actually feel like Snake has the advantage on stage if he can play a good enough game of keep away. Snake outcamps pretty hard, and outranges D3 with both tilts and aerials. That is, of course, until DDD gets a grab and ***** you. Don't mortar dash towards him unless he's right on top of you. If you let him react, you'll get grabbed by a good DDD player.

If the stage has platforms, try to get a prox. mine on it, so that DDD chaingrabbing you will activate it and knock you out of it.

One thing, do NOT plant C4 on stage. You'll need it to avoid the gimp.

SuSa

DeDeDe is definitely one of Snake's hardest fights. The chaingrab OWNS snake, and Snake gets completely gimped by DeDeDe's edgeguard game. Seriously, I've been taken from zero to gimp off of one DDD grab. It's hard to avoid his grabs, too, because their range is broken.

I actually feel like Snake has the advantage on stage if he can play a good enough game of keep away. Snake outcamps pretty hard, and outranges D3 with both tilts and aerials. That is, of course, until DDD gets a grab and ***** you. Don't mortar dash towards him unless he's right on top of you. If you let him react, you'll get grabbed by a good DDD player.

If the stage has platforms, try to get a prox. mine on it, so that DDD chaingrabbing you will activate it and knock you out of it.

One thing, do NOT plant C4 on stage. You'll need it to avoid the gimp.
QFT

Would you kindly say what you rate it though?

I'm leaning at 60/40 D3 or 65/45 D3

D3 is harder to kill then the rest of the cast (being a heavyweight), you won't really spike him until really high %'s where a bair would do the trick anyways (no gimps at all), he has a chaingrab on you BUT IT HAS TO BE FRAME PERFECT! Meaning mash B and you may get out and you'll both get hurt.

That's really all my input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom