• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up thread #432465456: Meta Knight, because he's the real problem!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Honestly, I've never seen a discussion about Meta Knight, the little things that we can have against him or anything to help us get better.

This is CLEARLY our hardest match-up barring Marth for some Luigi players, but we've already discussed the hell out of Marth. We usually give up when it comes to MK, but now let's man up and give each other ideas that could lead to well....Luigi players NOT getting 3 stocked out of every tourny.

Any and all Luigi mains, post your **** in here, and refrain from the obvious "MK is impossible, quit Brawl -kills self-" comments please.

Happy New Year, now c'mon son, getthef*ckouttaherewiththatMKis2gudbull****.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Metaknight, you can't Jab Up-B him if he knows the matchup, so you have to settle for trickery to get kills. If he gets really predictable with Shuttle Loop recoveries, go ahead and powershield those for free kills. If he's in range to be shieldgrabbed...consider for a moment if Up-Bing out of shield might be the better option. Also I'd save B-throw for kills at like 130-140% since throwing him offstage rarely ever gives you any good edgeguard opportunities in this matchup.

Jabbing is still very useful since it has a lot of range and is faster than his moveset.

Refrain from charging SideB for recovery, since that will get you D-aired (or Up-Bed) and gimped because it's mad telegraphed. Recover as high as possible so that you can avoid his D-air.

Spacing F-airs/B-airs and airdodge baiting into Jabs is basically the main strategy in this matchup. Fireball camping is actually okay since he doesn't fan away projectiles. Smashes beat the Tornado.

That's all I know about this matchup...oh and N-air can hit him out of the Shuttle Loop, not that it's really that useful.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
IDK if it's just me, but u-throwing is a godsend (Is exaggerating most likely) in this match-up. You generally can't use d-throw because of MK's d-air, but u-throw puts you out of MK's d-air reach. IMO d-air camping isn't that use against Luigi since is U-air pretty quick. I've noticed that some MKs tend to either tornado after trying to d-air camp you or they land on the ground.

This match up is still horrid, but not as bad as people make it out to be. 30:70 MK probably.

Btw, has anyone tried to aerial up-b MK out of his tornado? Even Luigi's n-air is out-prioritized by it, and shoryuken is the only other option that I can think of against it. :/

Wow I never thought that this would be possible, but Luigi can actually DI to the center of MKs nado and u-air him out of it before the last hitbox comes out.

WIGI

Smash Champion
our dsmash is as fast as his out the back.

upsmash the bottom of the tornado,

nair the top.

fsmash to kill.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Same as Wigi said, and if possible, n-air to up tilt at low percents for a quick 40 percent. I personally like to fireball camp and back air camp in this matchup. Back air can also outprioritize the nado if he uses it next to you, same for fireballs.

Its Luigi's second worst matchup

a Marth who knows how to face Luigi is much worse than a MK that knows how to camp. At least we can legitimately approach MK (inb4 10 Marth F-airs)

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
Luigi tornado seems to work pretty well if mk gets way to close. When i brawl an mk I have my spaceing with luigi and i use fire balls and luigis back aerial move works great. What I do when Mk is trying to recover back to the stage with his UP B move. I Use luigis down aerial move, It works great because you both get Hit and get send out flying if you have more stocks then him Or he can get hit with the hitbox. If i can Ill post a video here later of me brawling an mk mainer.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
I suppose im stating the obvious...
But MKs only real weakness that I can see is his weight. We can KO him at pretty low percentages.

I find that a useful way to rack up damage on an MK is to play a distance game making good use of fire balls. once hes in the 70-100+ range a lucky forward or up smash ruins him.
I also find that a jump UPbing is an occasionally unexpected way to deal with his amazing recovery from an upsmash if you can catch him just as he is comming back into view.

I wouldnt recommend a side B unless you are using it in a non-traditional sense. I use it when i intend to pass him and then quickly dodge behind him when he flys over to punish me. its also a good trade up at close range when he is expecting a fire ball or jab to rack up damage.

Top Bottom