• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Export #4: Falco | Complete!!

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Fox does NOT have ANY upper hand here...he only has moves that help him. This is one of VERY few characters (Falco) that you should NOT camp lasers against. Therefore you should be a bit more agressive....... but Falco's Up-tilt, neutral air, and that annoying jab has more priority than Fox's. Also...Falco is the better camper in this one and his side-B is superior. and of corse Falco has a chaingrab.......but Fox's up-tilt combo deals around the same persentage anyway.

Fox has a better recovery and has a liittle more easy killing with up-smash.

My only idea here is to stay close and punish....making Falco attack first, just as you would when being defensive. The only diference is that both of you will be near eachother instead of having Falco travel to fight you.

Now how you punish depends on you and what you know. I do know that many Falco users tend to jump laser you at short distance allowing you to up-smash him as SOON as he jumps.

Zulu Nation

Smash Cadet
"Fox does NOT have ANY upper hand here" what........

Camp the Falco if you are at a lower precent than he is.....

I'm pretty sure M@V gave you Fox's Upper hand traits.

RPK

Smash Lord
As old as this info might be, if you dont have the ability to immedietly sh fair after getting CG'd, you know you screwed right? The reason would be is because Falco has the ability to double spike you. Its even worse if your on your last life because he has the option of following you down after a spike, and spike you again leaving you no space to recover. Though, not that many Falcos know this portion of the match up IMO...In addition he can take you all the way across FD basically. Its really terrible =/ He has a lot of walking distance inbetween grabs and can take you really far. If your close to the 60s when you get spiked you must DJ Fair immedietly or your gunna die through double spikes. If the Fair is delayed at all, your going to have to Firefox which is when your going to get spiked. If done right though, you should be able to grab the ledge after doing a Fair. Not many Falcos can do it, but they have the ability to practically instantly kill you through a grab if you dont have the ability to Fair immedietly after being spiked. Again, not many Falcos know this, and have the ability to do this...I only know two in Norcal that have the ability to double spike, and one doesnt even main Falco which is funny, but he is the local Japanese person in the area so he knows a metric **** ton of tricks. <3 you Michael Hey. Anyways, where your positioned on the stag also helps too. I believe that at the beginning of a stock, the match should first start out with you being on the practically on the edge of the stage.
Not grabbing the stage of course, as ledge camping with Fox is well...Anyways, your best bet is to stand right next to the ledge in the beginning of each stock. Falco must be a certain amount away from the edge in order to land the spike on you if he is going to do it after the chain grab. So the best thing to do is to be close to the edge during the start of the fight till you think you wont be able to get chain grabbed. In addition, if you do get grabbed, you will only take approximately 35ish damage from an in place. so you'll go right back up past the ledge with a perfectly timed DJ Fair after getting spiked. So um...Yeah...Stuff o-o Also
70-30 in Falco's favor if he can do this, and you dont have the ability to DJ Fair after getting spiked...If your able to survive though it turns this into a 50-50 match up or even in your favor. Over all, stick to the edge at the beginning of each stock, and a perfect DJ Fair is ESSENTIAL to surviving this match up if the Falco knows how to double spike you.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Falco can't spike you (with DI) after around 45%... and at that point, you can recover ONTO THE STAGE with a rising fair.. Obviously, you don't have to go onto the stage... you could just grab the edge, or illusion into the stage or whatever...

So really, Falco's spike should never cause a problem in the matchup.

RPK

Smash Lord
Only reason I say that is because I just remember it taking me very very very far and me not being able to recover from it for a long time till I got timing for it perfectly. I was consistently getting 3 stocked by the guy and it was killing me. He would go to the right percent, spike me, and just kinda drift down in my direction. if I didnt recover with that perfect DJ Fair I would usually end up dying with a spike to the face each time because I would barely miss grabbing the ledge, forcing me to firefox. And it would happen over and over and over again. God ****, it was hell for me. If the Falco knows how to do the CG perfectly into a spike, you shouldnt be able to recover onto the stage after any kind of fair, but you should be able to grab the ledge if it's perfectly timed. I dunno...Im just speaking from the experiences that I've had against Falco and that it's pretty ****ing bad if you cant do that Fair just right and he knows how to do that double spike. It was personally causing me hell for a long time till I got the timing for the recovery after the spike.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ummm wtf? You can DI onto stage as he tries to spike you.... it's easy man if you are near the edge he is either gonna try and spike you or let mess up trying to expect it and DI, now if he lets you go you can just DJ Fair AWAY FROM THE STAGE so you won't get so easily spiked as you make it sound, also you make it sound like you are Firefoxing too close the stage. It's really simple man it's something that I can't really explain better than that. No way it's 70-30 Falco......

Too tired to write from my point of view. I should be playing Kismet2 later today so it will be fresh in my mind.

No 70-30 Falco, no just no.....

P.S. In MU discussion both sides are played in high levels

RPK

Smash Lord
I unno...I do know that it is in his favor if you dont have the ability to correctly recover and he has the ability to spike you from anywhere. -shrugs- and yeah...70-30 was too much...I do think 60-40 Falco's favor if the fox is unable to recover correctly...otherwise 5-5...

A year old thread gets bumped, then gets bumped a month later. Nothing in the match-up has changed. It's 50-55 for Falco favor.

No Falco should be Spiking you offstage because of the ability to recover. Fox can recover and the best it leads is either a tech chase, or fox going to the ledge. CG -> Gatling Combo is superior as it is an automatic 60%, plus any additional damage Falco might be able to get off from juggling fox. Which, fox get's juggled pretty hard if Falco stays on the ground.

Both have bad recoveries, they just recover in slightly different fashions. And both do not kill easily either.

kismet2

Smash Ace
If falco chaingrabs fox to the ledge use a single jab(or a downward ftilt which pushes them down) , jab cancel into another one(so fox won't grab the ledge) then if he jumps use a jab to take the second jump and use your imagination for edgeguarding. Other than that fox can fight falco but it's hard for fox to abuse his mobility alot because of falco's lasers. Falco has to worry about dying at low percents but as long as he isn't trying to get bloodthirsty he should be fine. Also if a fox knocks you into the air with utilt or something, don't try to retaliate just try to avoid him until you get out of the bad position(because challenging him runs the risk of getting Usmashed). Also Nair is a great move also use it if a fox will use auto cancel Fair, or you can use dash attack which is also a great move with many follow ups. I say 55-45 :/

Top Bottom