• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up discussion #14: Pikachu

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
the issue will not only be grabbing wolf, but also grabbing wolf in a location where you have enough room to set up your cg's. if you're just gonna go for the 0-100+% cg, you probably will not win this against a good wolf unless you take him to FD. thus wolf's ban FD, xD

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yeah, I ban FD against Falco and DDD already, Pikachu will be added to that list as well, apparently.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
This actually works for me. I second Pikachu, so, I will beat any other Wolf player, AND Falco player =D

Eh...who to use against Pika... I'd go Snake or Marth.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Zoning ftw. I was actually trying to drop Marth... but just in case I ever face a Pikachu in tourney I'll play him haha. (Not that there's any body in NorCal that plays Pikachu...)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
there will be now. so many people love gay **** like this and will pick up pika for that fact alone. that doesnt even include all the people who will pick him up for mk lol

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Haha, wow, doesn't Pikachu totally **** wolf? Kinda like how Sheik ***** him but even worse, right? I dunno, that's probably just a general first impression for me. I'd much rather try to counter pick Pikachu with something

Healer

Smash Apprentice
My friend whos a pika player buffers that dang CG, it's soooooo annoying, he barely attacks regular he just CGs the whole time, and I cant just reflect them cuz he buffers, is there ANY way around this.
I would say that theres a disadvantage for wolf with that new buffered CG, if ur playing against someone who can't buffer then u should be fine.

Equi

Smash Ace
Am I nuts? This matchup thanks to Pikachu's buffered cg to 80% is just as bad if not worse than DDDs. Am I missing something here? I have no answers for Pikachu.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This thread is ages old, Equi. If you want to discuss match-up use Sesshomuronays match-up thread. This one is outdated and I don't update them anymore.

:059:

Healer

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean this is outdated, where's the new one?

Top Bottom