• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up #3 Sheik

Rizen

Smash Legend
not even trolling, i believe ganon is better than link
Lol. You're Sheik's killer but I got 1 stock off her.
Edit to avoid spam:
Game 1
Link 2 stocks Ganon, PS1
Sheik 2 stocks Link, SV 1 SD I edgehog at high %.
Sheik 2 stocks Link, Halberd no SDs.
C'mon I'm complementing you for destroying me with Sheik but I deserve a little credit.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ganon is a lot easier to pick up and play compared to Link who needs a lot more work to learn. Still many people don't like characters like Yoshi and Link who are technical but still don't reward as well other characters do.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
IMO yoshi is a pretty good character. If Yoshi is still considered a low tier. I think hes the best out of all of them. The only thing bad about Yoshi is his lack of a real 3rd jump that can be worked around if you play correctly.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I personally played M4ge and Kirinblaze at Apex 2010 in pools and Link really cannot do anything against Sheik.

His only hope is for Sheik really to make mistakes on her own because when I played these two, there really was never a time where I was in any sort of trouble. Each match was a very solid two stock or even a three stock. As phi1ny3 said, our dashing shield is incredible and that alone kinda ruins Link. From a Ftilt lock, we can choose to bring you off stage with minimal trouble or decide to try and drag it out for maximum damage and there is a lot of damage.

Should you be offstage, there is a great chance that you are dead. There isn't much for link to fight against sheik with offstage.

30-70 Sheik. Sorry X.

Rizen

Smash Legend
dashing shield is incredible and that alone kinda ruins Link.
The story of Link's sorrows in Brawl^:urg:.

I'd settle for a loose 35/65 or 30/70 Sheik.

A brief comment: Sheiks who don't know what they're doing are much easier to beat. MK's who aren't great are still considerably harder. The Sheik player's skill and know-how is a big factor in this 70/30 ratio.

Edit:
I've beaten 3 Sheiks in the ladder and used to practice primarily vs a Sheik/Falco main offline. There have been good people who don't main Sheik in friendlies I've beat. Good Sheiks who know what to do are much harder. Link can pull a lot of tricks if the Sheik player lets him.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
As I've been reading through the last 4 pages, I've noticed that everyone who has offline experience in this MU has stated it to be 70/30 or 65-35. And a lot of people who say its 6/4 only have wifi experience... Anyway I've beaten both Kirinblaze and Legan in offline MM's. KirinBlaze at Apex2, Legan at SiiS4, and this MU really is that bad. Sheik can combo link off the stage and gimp him starting from a jab. Also I personally don't believe that the difference in difficulty between people who know the Match-up and those who don't shouldn't particularly matter. To my understanding it's all about what Sheik can do to Link and what link can('t) do to Sheik.

Kind of got sidetracked, but the MU is 70/30.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I personally played M4ge and Kirinblaze at Apex 2010 in pools and Link really cannot do anything against Sheik.

His only hope is for Sheik really to make mistakes on her own because when I played these two, there really was never a time where I was in any sort of trouble. Each match was a very solid two stock or even a three stock. As phi1ny3 said, our dashing shield is incredible and that alone kinda ruins Link. From a Ftilt lock, we can choose to bring you off stage with minimal trouble or decide to try and drag it out for maximum damage and there is a lot of damage.

Should you be offstage, there is a great chance that you are dead. There isn't much for link to fight against sheik with offstage.

30-70 Sheik. Sorry X.
Nah you guys gotta be honest, and I trust Phil because he is full of SCIENCE!

As I've been reading through the last 4 pages, I've noticed that everyone who has offline experience in this MU has stated it to be 70/30 or 65-35. And a lot of people who say its 6/4 only have wifi experience... Anyway I've beaten both Kirinblaze and Legan in offline MM's. KirinBlaze at Apex2, Legan at SiiS4, and this MU really is that bad. Sheik can combo link off the stage and gimp him starting from a jab. Also I personally don't believe that the difference in difficulty between people who know the Match-up and those who don't shouldn't particularly matter. To my understanding it's all about what Sheik can do to Link and what link can('t) do to Sheik.

Kind of got sidetracked, but the MU is 70/30.
I'll say it is probably the bolded, especially with the offline experience I have had with this MU.

I wanna go with 35/65 only because I don't think it's that bad, but still Sheik is good against Link.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
So, do we all agree for a 35/65 or what?

Also, why does everyone think shield dashing shuts down Link? Zair is safe from a distance along with bombs that provide Link with decent shield pressure and SH Bair that safe on shield when not fastfalled. Sheik appears to have all the right tools to effectively shut down Link but Link is a lot more versatile than many people think. He has many playstyles it is just that the defensive is the most commonly used and easiest one to play, especailly against fast characters with good offense.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
PS zair->dash/grab

gg
What about SH Bair non-fastfalled? I promise you if you try this out, you'll see that Bair is safe of all shields except those with extremely fast Oos options like bowser's fortress. Links overuse Zair. Bair combined with RAR can be a better way to space characters like sheik and fox who grab Zair on a regular basis. This is why sheik gets in too quick. Links don't alternate between Zair, Bair and Fair spacing. Bair is better against her. Not to mention bombs can open opprotunities for shield pressure that is mediocre at best but still relevant.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I still think 30-70 is fine.

This matchup is really hard. Like I said, I only ever played it once, in a tourney against a player who was better than me, and it's hard to say how much was him just being better than me and me not knowing the matchup, but I was beaten so fast I couldn't even tell you exactly what happened. There's no way it's better than 35-65, and I think even that is probably generous, but again, I just don't have enough to go on for sure.

Everyone is kinda saying 35-65 to 30-70. Most Sheiks think it's 30-70. I think a lot of Links are saying either 35-65 or 30-70. I wanna say we just leave the ratio at 30-70 unless we can get Legan or Kirin or someone to give their opinion.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
The best way to play against Sheik from my experience, is pretty much to play fast/quick and spacy/campy. Just basically discourage any approach from her at all. What if I get caught in a F-tilt lock? I just shrug it off and try to DI up/away and jump out. Yeah, it's a free 70~%, but it doesn't mean a stock loss; the only thing you have to worry about for living is her upsmash (DACUS) and offstage gimp attempts. If you anticipate a dashing shield, just throw out a grab. With all this said, this MU is still pretty bad for Link lol.

sheikamaru

jive
your best option is to zair imo unless you have that double arrow thing down because you pretty much want to keep your distance away from sheik at all costs. allowing sheik to get in close spells danger. pretty much what others said yea. she does combo pretty well considering link is a heavy char too

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
The best way to play against Sheik from my experience, is pretty much to play fast/quick and spacy/campy. Just basically discourage any approach from her at all. What if I get caught in a F-tilt lock? I just shrug it off and try to DI up/away and jump out. Yeah, it's a free 70~%, but it doesn't mean a stock loss; the only thing you have to worry about for living is her upsmash (DACUS) and offstage gimp attempts. .

This..... all you need to know right here. Play fast and use your quick, lagless options like SH Bair or Zair from a good distance. Also play semi campy and space yourself well to force an approach. You literally focus on crushing her approaches and forcing some approaches when she gets defensive. The character who is approaching is always much more likely to make a mistake than the other passive opponent. She only kills by gimping. Usmash is another option but you are not likely to get hit by it unless you let your guard down, which you should never do.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Sheik knows several songs that teleport her across Hyrule. Link doesn't initially know these. Sheik has the ability to magically appear behind Link when convenient to the plot. Also, Sheik's Deku Nuts actually freaking do something. 30-70 Sheik.

I've beaten Cross' Sheik, is he considered at least a halfway decent sheik? lol
Haha, I'm not sure who Cross is, but ALSM too good and Kennispam be trollin'. <3 ALSM.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well let's avoid this turning into a troll thread, ok guys. :p

Ok I think we're done with the basics, so I think we'll move on.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Just saying you guys realize most people give Sheik Vs Fox 70-30.
So you're basically saying she beats Link just a bad as she does Fox.

That is exactually what I've been saying this whole damn time. Most of Link's matchup ratios are old and overexaggerated. They all were based off of link's recovery and none of his other attributes. 30/70 is outrageous to me but let's not dwell on this matchup any longer.

Move on to the next one, please.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
65/35, Link can keep Sheik away for a while and give her damage, Zair with Bomb in hand is always a safe option, Zair is prety fast and if we conect at least one hit, we can throw the bomb -> quick dash attack (this is a safe option) and do a SH Fair or Utilt or Usmash depending on the damage of Sheik.

We are slow, have bad recovery and fast faller, so she can gimp us, defet us in close combat and look us with Ftilt, but with good DI we can get out, at least recive 30% of damage and no 50% (having a bomb will help you o get ot erlier, so that is why is good do Zair with bomb)

Sheik have bad recovery, isnt so strong, have low resistance, have only one proyectile against our 3 and Zair. i dont know if she have good Momentum cancel

any way, Link also can gimp sheik, Nair or Bair (sometimes Fair) are good options agains her. also remember her theter recovery, so Bair is a good move to Stage spike her.

We can live for too longer than she, our DI and MC are simply better, specialy the vertical, and her USmash and Uair are good and safe kill moves, so she will be troubles to kill us.

Many Links dont use one of the adventajes of Link, his range, our Sword are long, so we dont need stay too close of her to attack her, and this help us to switch rapidly to Spam mode XD.

keep in mind the Sheik projectiles, she can charge it and gimp us with those weapons, and on Stage she will never use it for attack, she will wait until we throw a bomb or our boomerang to stop it and attack

my ratio65/35

Top Bottom