• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masterpieces=Waste of Space

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
I actually really like them. I like the taste of the games I never played before, and I like seeing how far I can get in the time alotted, then keep trying to get farther and farther. Sometimes I also challenge myself to things (i.e. finish the lap in 1st in F-Zero, Go to the yellow switch place, then complete another level in SMW, Find a pack of missles in the B Slot of SM, etc. etc. etc.)

I play them all the time.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
They are useless. Have you noticed that alot of the 'masterpieces' are being sold on the shop online channel?

Anyone know if Earthbound is out for the US shop channel? That would explain its absence if it wasn't listed.

I mean c'mon though, I would rather have a new stage than masterpieces. Although they probably stuck them on at the last minute. They are taking up disk space right? They aren't stored on the wii's hard drive like the downloaded games
I don't think Earthbound is on Virtual Console in any country, Nintendo of America just seems to hate that series.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
They really could have left out this stuff and maybe added a bit more to something like the Stage Builder.

Sakurai could have made the Masterpieces into something like a challenge to unlock certain things.

Frames

DI
One thing I was curious about the masterpieces was that whether or not they were full versions of the games, or simply sections of the games that were cut down for length.

If so, would there be any way to remove the time limit through the use of Action Replay or some other device? Doing so would greatly increase the value of masterpieces, mostly since people would essentially be stealing VC games, but nevertheless they would get played more, and be worth the space they took up.

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
Man, tell me about it. I was having fun playing F-Zero and C Falconing it up and then it tells me trial is over. So I went and downloaded it.

Yeah. So?

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
When I saw the original Dojo update for it, I thought it was a waste of space. I bought the game, played 3 seconds of one, and realized...I still think it's a waste of space. I guess it was good intentions...but really...no

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
One thing I was curious about the masterpieces was that whether or not they were full versions of the games, or simply sections of the games that were cut down for length.

If so, would there be any way to remove the time limit through the use of Action Replay or some other device? Doing so would greatly increase the value of masterpieces, mostly since people would essentially be stealing VC games, but nevertheless they would get played more, and be worth the space they took up.
Still unknown, but I'd imagine that they included snipits of the games, according to the fastest possible run imaginable, and gave a little wiggle room just in case. For example, in Star Fox 64, the first two planets are probably included. This way, it gives the illusion that it's the full game, but in reality it's not.

Dragonzealot

Smash Rookie
If you guys hate the Old schol stuff then I ask you. Why are you playing a game where the old meet the new? and vica versa.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
If you guys hate the Old schol stuff then I ask you. Why are you playing a game where the old meet the new? and vica versa.
No one is saying they hate the old games. We just don't like the idea of patheticaly short demos that serve little more than advertisment.

This is me playing the F-Zero masterpiece:

"Yeah! Let's play the game that Captain Falcon first appeared in!"

"Almost done with la-" *Time limit expires*

You don't even have time to finish one full lap, the timer is so short.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You won't be complaining about the time limits if my friend manages to hack the time limit with the Wii AR.

Anyways, yeah. Masterpieces are a bit of a waste. The space could've been used for something more useful (Dark Samus SSE boss, maybe?).

D

Deleted member

Well I guess you guys don't use stickers in SSE then lol... just think of it as another form of trophies if you don't use them...

Masterpieces... not the best idea, but not a terrible one... I mean, people who aren't huge Nintendo fans who bought Brawl have the opportunity to see where the characters they play as came from... I think it was a great idea in theory... If I hadn't already played every game except like Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers, I would've care more...

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
they are a waste of space, who the hell needs to play 30 second versions of games they can get online? really, a wii shop channel song would get me to buy stuff, which we already have.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Masterpieces are a waste...but would've EASILY been decent if they gave us EarthBound (seriously, there's absolutely ZERO reason that we didn't get this one)...and Fire Emblem, but that would've required lots of translation work...(sigh) guess I gotta wait for Fire Emblem DS....

Top Bottom