• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Master and Crazy Orders

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, why are people calling it "Order" when it's clearly "Orders"?
Hm.. I was thinking it is 'Special Orders' and 'Master/Crazy Order' all the time. lol
Weirdly enough at last in the German version it is like this. Special Orders(plural) and Master/Crazy Order(singular) from a grammatical perspective. The translation choices are strange anyway in general. Localization at its best. lol ;)

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
That's the Weapon Master mode. You do indeed travel across a world map and fight other characters in scripted battles, each of which is a chapter in an overarching network of interconnected storylines. Certain fights have special conditions, too, e.g. "fight an opponent with regenerating health" or "the ground is explosive if you fall onto it". There's also dungeons that you can enter, wherein you make your way through a series of rooms on a grid map that slowly reveals itself as you travel, each room being a fight against in an opponent in that dungeon's themed stage, culminating in a battle with the "boss" that you can fight as soon as you've found them on the map.

It's called Weapon Master because you collect and buy alternate weapons for characters as you progress through the world map. You also earn experience as you fight, which levels up your character - since it's saved to your player profile rather than each character, you can swap characters at any time and maintain your accrued level. Level progression doesn't actually alter your game or characters in any remarkable way, it's just for bragging rights and to show how much you've played the mode.

I could see something like that working in Smash, definitely. It'd be a cool and interesting alternative to the usual scripted Adventure mode and would allow you to play all sorts of different opponents in various challenging situations, and you could collect and buy equipment, powers and custom moves as you play. The Master Hand / Crazy Hand theme could allow you to take different routes or create different battle conditions with tougher opponents and proportionately greater rewards.

Great catch, though! I like the way you think, good sir, and thanks for reminding me of what a swell game Soul Calibur is!
Thanks for explaining it for me, now I kinda remember what the mode was like before!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
To be honest, I think it's likely that the blurred words in the English picture say "Orders", with the mode name possibly being "Tower of Smash," or "Smash World," or who knows, really. But I personally don't want it to say that just because a mode where you choose "orders" sounds really weird to me. Unless of course it means something I'm not considering, because I couldn't think of anything other than orders at a restaurant until someone (I think it was @ Hayzie Hayzie ) mentioned that it could mean the order you fight characters in the roster. In that case I'd be totally on board with the idea.

...But the Japanese picture says "Master Side" and "Crazy Side." I don't imagine the Japanese consider the word "side" to have to do anything with the ordering of items or anything, like characters in a roster. The meaning in both pictures would have to be the same (or close to the same).

After thinking about it, I think a sort of faction-based game where you choose to be on Master Hand's side or Crazy Hand's side would make sense, where they're both commanders that issue "orders" to their sides. This guess I'm making (though a bunch of other people already said it, of course) is only based on the names, though. It could easily be something else because there's not much to go on, and I personally think the "Master Hand side vs. Crazy Hand side" thing is a slight bit outlandish. It could still happen, and I think it'd look cool, though.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's Smash Bros. equivalent of Chess with character trophies as set pieces. Like an SRPG. Chrom is playable through Day 1 download. Also available on 3DS where you download a trailer from eShop as to what you're missing out on.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

Master Hand: "Here's your Master Order sir, one Superspicy Curry, would you like a Crazy Side with that?"

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I know, the joke was that since Lucina was a descendant of Marth, she possibly could know some Japanese and translate what Marth would say. But i guess that was a bit too much to have people guess though.
I'm pretty sure that Marth lived 3000 years before she did though, that's enough time for the language to get lost.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Well, Through a handful of leaks we have our new game-mode! Special Orders! Which has Master Hand or Crazy Hand give orders and or create tasks for you. Love it!

I'm happy the hands get be shown more than just a final boss.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand
According to the Amazon.com leak, these are two different challenges modes.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
....Maybe it's even a sort of Mario Party spin-off where you traverse a board and fight each-other to reach the end first? You could collect "orders" to summon the Hands and mess up other players' games.

I honestly can't say. I'm just spitballin' here.
O_O

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
My cousin's mom's nephew doesn't work for Nintendo, but he's certain that they're bringing back the power glove. This mode is for controlling your characters with the Wii U Powerglove™ and Master Side or Crazy Side is just whether you're left handed or right handed.

...Really though, it's the immense amount of gold in the image that has me wondering if it's less about battling and more about collecting. Like Trophy Rush but... Goldy. Would these be a bunch of challenges all in one game? Like playing the Warioware stage. Or is this like an event mode with a list of challenges that you do one at a time?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
What if this is a part of All-Star Mode? You can choose to fight the other characters in release ("Master") order, or in a totally random ("Crazy") order? So you don't always end up fighting Mr. Game & Watch first and Shulk last.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
To be honest, I think it's likely that the blurred words in the English picture say "Orders", with the mode name possibly being "Tower of Smash," or "Smash World," or who knows, really.
It's Special Orders, I mean seriously do you even notice the space in between the words on top? Did u even hear the Narrator files that say Special Orders, Master Orders, and Crazy Orders?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
It's Special Orders, I mean seriously do you even notice the space in between the words on top? Did u even hear the Narrator files that say Special Orders, Master Orders, and Crazy Orders?
Actually, narrator clips only play on the character select screen, which means special orders are a third type of order. Maybe.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
What if this is a part of All-Star Mode? You can choose to fight the other characters in release ("Master") order, or in a totally random ("Crazy") order? So you don't always end up fighting Mr. Game & Watch first and Shulk last.
Greninja is last. Shulk is something like fifth to last.

Top Bottom