• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 26 Results - 44 entrants - June 4th, Framingham MA

crush

Smash Master
to lazy to edit

also everyone knows my total arrogancy < thats a word. is a total joke. my sig says play more like pine and normally i end posts with saying that. i am not good i used to play better but i am terrible now. who cares i go to have fun and see old friends. i even jab at KDJ when i am playing him so dont take it personally
Yep very insightful

/post count raising

:phone:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I've seen my fair share of elitism, and this tournament didn't have too much of it, at least from my perspective. My advice is to give it another shot, give these players another shot, and if you see it happen again, just point it out at the tournament. I'm almost sure Matt wants to host the best possible tournament, and if he feels like it's polluting the tournament "atmosphere" which ultimately drives newer players away, he probably wouldn't hesitate to remedy the situation.

Give it a second chance and see how you feel.
LOL I like how you threw in an "almost" there.
Definitely do what he recommends though. I would never want to see a person attend and leave unhappy because of how someone else acted towards them.

Almo

Smash Ace
bleh, sometimes i type how i talk, and throw in the wrong/unneeded words. You know what i meant haha

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
bleh, sometimes i type how i talk, and throw in the wrong/unneeded words. You know what i meant haha
Of course <3
On the real though I'm hyped you're attending tournaments again. Host some? :3 We need more hosts in MA.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Dude who ARE you
Did we play? Did you talk to me? Seems like I hurt your feelings without you even trying to get to know me.
I'm kind of hurt. I WANT to be part of this community's elite, but with the exception of me occasionally talking like it (see Diesel's post), I think I rarely act like it. I mean, if I did something wrong, if I actually drove someone away from this community due to me acting arrogant, then I apologize profusely. That's not how I want to represent the community or myself, and I'm sorry I came off that way. Thing is, I really don't remember doing anything like that. Maybe I made a lot of noise. Anyone is allowed to do that. I went alts in pools. Anyone is allowed to do that. I placed high and was disappointed with my performance. Anyone is allowed to do that.
I dunno, man, I'm really sorry you got the wrong idea about us, and apparently about me, but I don't think I've done much of anything wrong.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Pools are up.
I just realized I never saved the bracket images... Sorry to ProSkater and Diesel. I hope enough people used their tags that they can be pieced together properly!! >_<

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Figured I should point out that I am a cocky ******* and I hate all of you ;).

But in reality ask people like Burn who was in my pool where all I did was give advice and play his main and talk to him telling him to not get discouraged and want to come back and always ask advice to others as he played.

Oh well, I feel like you didn't get the time to get to know me and instead decided to put a spin on why I was acting the way I did without ever properly analyzing what exactly was going on and who I am.

Plus me and Pine don't ever play this game, mafia is the only NERD ;) ;) (love you maf <3)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
well. apparently one guy is raging mad about this tourney, but I certainly had fun! Nice meeting new players, seeing others again, etc. good stuff guys.

Nabo

Smash Rookie
Thanks for good games and an awesome tournament, everyone! I had a ton of fun yesterday.

Shoutouts to HaileyM for friendlies with POKEBALLS and Matt for doing a great job hosting.

Almo

Smash Ace
Of course <3
On the real though I'm hyped you're attending tournaments again. Host some? :3 We need more hosts in MA.
I can look for a venue. I don't know if i can use the one that i used to, because it's expensive, and technically peachkid's, but i'd probably have to do melee and brawl to get as many people as possible if a venue fee is necessary.

There's 2 places in my town, about 15 minutes away from GU, so i can check those out. I'm not really sure where i could look though other than that.

Also out in the worcester area, there's a venue that Brawl people use (DNA Gaming), and it attracts a LOT of new players, and from what i saw yesterday + spending as much time as i have in the brawl community, it could definitely attract a ton of people for melee. I was genuinely surprised that there were 40+ people yesterday. Brawl tournaments are held here monthly, so i can't imagine melee couldn't do it as well.

I'll look into it, i really do miss hosting :)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Let's just hope this guy never meets G$ and Alukard huehuehuehue

I probably should have went to this. I'm rusty as **** tho and didn't want Dan to poop on me

I do see elitism as a problem in this community. Many times have I seen high level players brushing off lesser players because they don't want to "waste" their time playing or going all out on a perceived newbie.
Here's my input on playing "lesser" players

I love to play lesser players. It's really fun playing against someone and finding that they have potential. One of my favorite things to see. A big problem I have with playing lesser players is that I don't know their mindset on the game of smash. If they just want to play the game and have fun and stuff then I'd rather not play them(lol) because through experience I have ruined the game for people. I've made a couple people quit because they just get destroyed and it's no fun to them. Alternatively players with a "want to get better" mindset are great to play against because no matter how many times you beat them they always come back for more and try harder and harder to beat me.

This might be perceived as elitist because I don't go out of my way to play new players. I like to get to know them before I actually play them so I don't completely ruin the game for them.

Also it breaks my heart knowing that I've ruined the game for a couple of people.

I could go off on many tangents similar to this subject, but I'll just leave this post for now.

Also a tip for new players. Learn tech skill fegs. I can beat "lesser" players just by overwhelming them with techskill. It's an unfortunate part of the game, but you see it a lot in fighting games. Knowing all the tricks of the game won't allow you to beat me if you can't follow up because I'll just out trade you.

Almo

Smash Ace
I've made a couple people quit because they just get destroyed and it's no fun to them.
You made me quit from ****** me and you made me want to play again from ****** me.

Darc I love you.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
sets with me vs mafia in losers were amazing

and then him vs kevinM were the best matches

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Kevinm and pine are jokesters

Irish mafia has recurring nightmares starring Kirby and young link, so he puts up an arrogant front to quell those demons inside him

:phone:

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
It comes with the benefit of me giving you a dollar every time I win something.

@Pine

dudutsai

Smash Lord
My matches with mafia were pretty intense too. Looking forward to seeing them. Mafia was on fire yesterday.

Also you have just inspired me to find you next tournament, Darc. It's been too long (last time was at NH).

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
of course ken y and pine are both at this one
ahaha havent been to one in over 2 years and i still got a little skill left

I was getting ***** by ZoSo at first and then I picked it up at the end

almost pulled the upset on Maf

I'm the underground legend

pine and I will see you guys in another 2 years!!!!

Spife

Smash Master
had a great time. I want to stop being rusty and start improving regularly (instead of once a tournament).

everyone kind of said it, but yeah, this community mad small and mad tight. All trash talk is for funzies cause it's what you do.

shout outs latuhzz

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Surprise I didn't come up in the list of elitist pricks.

Top Bottom